30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote

I have the list of every registered voter in my precinct and how they voted in the last two primary elections. This is part of the public domain. All I have to do is match the names in the newspaper Obituary section and the names on my list and go to the polls and vote using their name. I can't do that in Georgia, but in North Carolina the poll worker has to take my word that I am who I say I am since a picture ID is not required.

I could print the name of 9 dead people that matched on a 9 pieces of paper, drive my 9 passenger van to the section 8 housing project and for 10 bucks apiece, take nine live folks to the polls to vote in the place of 9 dead folks in North Carolina. I could get the union to rent several dozen vans and have my fellow union members do the same thing.

I won't do this, but I have seen this happen in a past election before picture ID's were the law.

On edit: Thanks for making a case for picture ID in your post. I will bet you didn't mean to do that!

The 'housing project'. LOLOL.

If this forum weren't so entertaining I could probably break this bad habit.

I tried Starbucks, but no one there needed the 10 bucks. LMFAO.

Your made up stories are an exercise of your right to make up stories, but nothing more.

It's a felony in North Carolina to fraudulently vote. Seriously, how many people do you really think would risk the consequences of being caught committing a felony all for the sake of casting one extra vote?

Would you? Do you know anyone who would?

I guess that would matter on Who was Running The Department of Justice, huh. ;)

Was that a yes-yes, a yes-no, a no,no, or a no-yes?

You are worried about dead people coming to the polls and voting? :lol:
Registered to vote do not mean they can rise up and get to the polls and vote.:eusa_hand::confused:
Dead people don't walk. and you do have to show identification when you vote and you want us to believe there is a data base where one can get another persons id?

My mother is dead and I would not began to know now to take her ID to the polls and vote and think I could get away with it.
It's idiots like this that will blindly vote or Romney/Ryan.

I have the list of every registered voter in my precinct and how they voted in the last two primary elections. This is part of the public domain. All I have to do is match the names in the newspaper Obituary section and the names on my list and go to the polls and vote using their name. I can't do that in Georgia, but in North Carolina the poll worker has to take my word that I am who I say I am since a picture ID is not required.

I could print the name of 9 dead people that matched on a 9 pieces of paper, drive my 9 passenger van to the section 8 housing project and for 10 bucks apiece, take nine live folks to the polls to vote in the place of 9 dead folks in North Carolina. I could get the union to rent several dozen vans and have my fellow union members do the same thing.

I won't do this, but I have seen this happen in a past election before picture ID's were the law.

On edit: Thanks for making a case for picture ID in your post. I will bet you didn't mean to do that!

The 'housing project'. LOLOL.

If this forum weren't so entertaining I could probably break this bad habit.

Another code word.

Actually, it's easy for groups , such as ACORN, to be able to commit fraud and register dead people. The Board of Elections are not on top of updating voters who have passed and on voters who move out of a district.

Registration fraud and Election fraud are two completely different things.

Elections are state run so you can't speak for all states.

Most of the move out process is automated through the USPS or DVM in my state.

I don't have a problem with requiring a photo id to vote. I do think the state should supply that Id for no cost to poor people who don't have a drivers license, in a timely manner.

I do think rethugs have tried very hard to surpress minority votes.

I do thank the courts for striking down at least part of what rethugs wanted.

The photo ID is available for poor people.

Apparently to the 'nuts, it's voter fraud if you don't anticipate your demise and go un-register ahead of time.

I actually had a guy call me to do just that. He was putting together a package for when he passed away so his family wouldn't have to deal with it. I'm sure his family will appreciate his forethought. I certainly do.

In my town, where everyone knows everyone, alive or dead, if you came in and tried to vote in place of a recently dead person, the old gals running the polls would just think you were making a joke.

Same in my town, but not so in any Metro area. NYC, LA and Miami come to mind.

It's a felony in North Carolina to fraudulently vote. Seriously, how many people do you really think would risk the consequences of being caught committing a felony all for the sake of casting one extra vote?

Do you really think Eric Holder would prosecute any man or woman of color? His track record indicates the answer is no.

Do you really think Eric Holder would prosecute any man or woman of color? His track record indicates the answer is no.

1. Don't you think it's a teeny bit racist to assume that only black people would do this?

2. Dont' you know that Eric Holder is not the atty general of North Carolina?

Know what prevents me from getting dead people off the rolls? Personnel shortages. Back when there were four people doing my job instead of just one, we would actually go through the obits.

We do get a list of people who have died in the county every couple of weeks from the office of Vital Statistics. We try to get these updated before an election, but going back to those personnel shortages, it isn't always possible. Voter Registration takes priority over cancellation.

You'll notice that I stressed the "in the county" part...that's because if the person dies outside the county, we usually aren't notified. People just don't think to call the Registrar when someone passes. It usually takes getting a Jury notice or election material in the mail.

Keep throttling your local governments of money...

It usually takes getting a Jury notice or election material in the mail.

thats what goes on out here....the Register of Voters will send a little card out or voter material before an Election, if the person has moved and filed a change they will get the new address,if they moved and left none, they get everything back saying that or if it has expired......but it is up to the Register to change or delete the addresses.....

It should be a state vital statistics job to send election offices the list. It amazes me that the scumbag Republicans refuse to go after the real low hanging fruit. It's yet another indication that their purpose isn't to prevent illegal voting, and just another Jim Crow attempt to suppress turnout among the poor, the young, the disabled, and minorities.

They want democracy dead

When the most wealthy are ponying up hundreds of millions of dollars, they want a return on investment. These funders aren't good citizens, they want to own our democracy. The rank and file GOP rubes are too stupid to see what these people expect for their money.

like the Democrat rich are are giving because they dont want nothing back.....and of course the Democrat "rubes" are to smart to fall for that shit......

Vote buying and election fraud has a long, storied history in American politics. I for one think it strange that my elected reps can and do sell their votes on the floor of Congress to the highest campaign donor but its a felony if I sell my vote.

Come on Mitt, make me an offer.

The biggest risk this cycle is coming from the people who are dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into American politics. People like the Koch brothers have shown their disregard for human life and the well being of our Country. What extent would people like this go to make sure they got a return on investment?

if Koch has so much disregard for human life then why does he give so much to charities and institutions trying to better it?.....

Know what prevents me from getting dead people off the rolls? Personnel shortages. Back when there were four people doing my job instead of just one, we would actually go through the obits.

We do get a list of people who have died in the county every couple of weeks from the office of Vital Statistics. We try to get these updated before an election, but going back to those personnel shortages, it isn't always possible. Voter Registration takes priority over cancellation.

You'll notice that I stressed the "in the county" part...that's because if the person dies outside the county, we usually aren't notified. People just don't think to call the Registrar when someone passes. It usually takes getting a Jury notice or election material in the mail.

Keep throttling your local governments of money...

It usually takes getting a Jury notice or election material in the mail.

thats what goes on out here....the Register of Voters will send a little card out or voter material before an Election, if the person has moved and filed a change they will get the new address,if they moved and left none, they get everything back saying that or if it has expired......but it is up to the Register to change or delete the addresses.....

Yes, if we get a "yellow sticker" back on the piece of mail we will update the address or, in the case of undeliverable mail, inactivate, not cancel, the voter. You can only cancel if the voter writes specifically and tells you to, you get notification that they've registered elsewhere or you get notification that the voter has died.

30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote

So now we have to worry about the zombie vote?

Forum List

Back