30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Yes. Those are very important questions.

I'm guessing a similar number on the first.....and a big fat ZERO on the second.

What! Guessing is silly you say?

Agreed.

Last edited:
It's a felony in North Carolina to fraudulently vote. Seriously, how many people do you really think would risk the consequences of being caught committing a felony all for the sake of casting one extra vote?

Would you? Do you know anyone who would?

Problems arise when the names on the death certificates do not match the names on the voting records, which often happens after women get married, Board of Elections General Counsel Don Wright said Friday. Addresses are also often listed with slight differences, Wright said. An address on West Millbrook Road and Millbrook Road might be the same house, but computers won’t always catch it. “Unless there is an exact match, we do not remove people from the voter rolls,” Wright said.

Read more here: Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

headline is totally misleading.....read the entire article....it explains why dead people are still on the rolls....

but good way to try to make something out of nothing there great

Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

“Mainly, what we’re concerned about is the potential [for fraud],” said project director Jay DeLancy. “Since there is no voter ID law in North Carolina, anybody can walk in and claim to be anyone else.”

Read more here: Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

You are worried about dead people coming to the polls and voting? :lol:
Registered to vote do not mean they can rise up and get to the polls and vote.:eusa_hand::confused:
Dead people don't walk. and you do have to show identification when you vote and you want us to believe there is a data base where one can get another persons id?

My mother is dead and I would not began to know now to take her ID to the polls and vote and think I could get away with it.
It's idiots like this that will blindly vote or Romney/Ryan.

Last edited:
OH my GOD!!!!!!

what is it with those NC people who dont withdrawl their voting regs when they die?

dear idiot OP .

People die every day and VERY few of them ever think to end their voter reg BEFORE they pass away.

Pretending this has something to do with fraud is a fucking lie

Group says it found 30,000 dead North Carolinians registered to vote | CharlotteObserver.com

“Mainly, what we’re concerned about is the potential [for fraud],” said project director Jay DeLancy. “Since there is no voter ID law in North Carolina, anybody can walk in and claim to be anyone else.”

Wow. How did we just now realize that voters die? Awfully strange coincidence this occurred to them right before a national election, isn't it?

The North Carolina death rate is about 40,000

Hmmmm....

Last edited:

Very good. What we have here is someone trying to create a reason to kick real living people off of the voter rolls. Just as they did in Florida in 2000 with the fraudulent felon list. When a party has to engage in this kind of felonious fraud, you realize that they have nothing to offer America.

And this is a conspiracy, or were these folks legitimately registered and then they died?

Yes. Those are very important questions.

I'm guessing a similar number on the first.....and a big fat ZERO on the second.

What! Guessing is silly you say?

Agreed.

Another silly number...........

"211"

zombies4obama.jpg

Problems arise when the names on the death certificates do not match the names on the voting records, which often happens after women get married, Board of Elections General Counsel Don Wright said Friday. Addresses are also often listed with slight differences, Wright said. An address on West Millbrook Road and Millbrook Road might be the same house, but computers won’t always catch it. “Unless there is an exact match, we do not remove people from the voter rolls,” Wright said.

headline is totally misleading.....read the entire article....it explains why dead people are still on the rolls....

Something out of nothing? We live in the digital age. We should be able to purge records in r/t. Perhaps if Dems weren't so interested in voter fraud, we could make this a reality.

I've worked at an election office since 2006. In that time we've had two incidents of dead people voting. Both were clerical errors. The first guy wasn't dead and the second guy signed the wrong line of the Roster at the polling place.

Good for you. Are we supposed to read your testimony and declare that all is well in the world of voting? :badgrin:

How many dead North Carolinians voted over the past 4 year. It's funny as hell that states want to pass idiotic, suppressive voter id laws, and they're too fucking lazy to scrub their rolls of dead voters. Oh that's right. Republicans like to play the absentee voter scams.

Know what prevents me from getting dead people off the rolls? Personnel shortages. Back when there were four people doing my job instead of just one, we would actually go through the obits.

We do get a list of people who have died in the county every couple of weeks from the office of Vital Statistics. We try to get these updated before an election, but going back to those personnel shortages, it isn't always possible. Voter Registration takes priority over cancellation.

You'll notice that I stressed the "in the county" part...that's because if the person dies outside the county, we usually aren't notified. People just don't think to call the Registrar when someone passes. It usually takes getting a Jury notice or election material in the mail.

Keep throttling your local governments of money...

Something out of nothing? We live in the digital age. We should be able to purge records in r/t. Perhaps if Dems weren't so interested in voter fraud, we could make this a reality.

It's not Democrats calling for State Austerity measures. I'm more than willing to spend the money to "fix" this in our digital age. You?

Know what prevents me from getting dead people off the rolls? Personnel shortages. Back when there were four people doing my job instead of just one, we would actually go through the obits.

We do get a list of people who have died in the county every couple of weeks from the office of Vital Statistics. We try to get these updated before an election, but going back to those personnel shortages, it isn't always possible. Voter Registration takes priority over cancellation.

You'll notice that I stressed the "in the county" part...that's because if the person dies outside the county, we usually aren't notified. People just don't think to call the Registrar when someone passes. It usually takes getting a Jury notice or election material in the mail.

Keep throttling your local governments of money...

Yep that smaller government that so many yearn for.

New Topics

Forum List

Back