3 year old fined $2500 for public urination

The police seems to see things differently. To publicly castigate one of their own brings competency, training and professionalism into question and may complicate any further actions.

"After filing an official complaint against the officer and the ticket, both mother and daughter were interviewed by police and told that officers were monitoring their neighborhood in response to nuisance calls in the area."
Toddler’s Public Potty Break Gets $2,500 Ticket, Then an Apology - ABC News

“If this is a problem…what happens in a critical situation that requires good judgment?,” City Manager Jim Crosby said. “You do worry about how this carries over into a critical situation.”

Crosby admitted that concern over Qualls’ judgment was raised on Tuesday when he brandished his weapon while responding to a burglary alarm call in Piedmont. Details of the incident were not immediately available, and there has been no indication Qualls acted inappropriately during the call, but Crosby said the poor judgment shown in issuing the citation to Warden is a factor when considering how the officer may respond in more serious situations like Tuesday’s alarm call."

Details emerge, concerns raised following police incident | Piedmont Daily

Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein said, “It would’ve been much better served by going, ‘Hey, the child should go in the bathroom. Have a nice day,’. “Just a regular verbal warning would’ve been nice or talk to the parents about it might not be appropriate to have your child urinating out here in full view of the public. That’s the way I would have liked to have seen it handled.

Chief says public urination situation could have been handled better | Piedmont Daily

The nuisance calls were for the teenage boys in that house for harassing new neighbors the day before, a yard was damaged. The cop was sitting there waiting to see if there was going to be any more retaliation on the new neighbors. I'm kind of surprised the cops don't tell about all the other calls they have had on this family.
This family will eventually get caught with something more damning, Piedmont is a small town after all. I'll be interested to see if their fall will be as nationally televised as this peeing incident. If not, I'll keep this thread bookmarked and will let you all know.

"This family will eventually get caught with something more damning"

So they're all in it together, I guess? When we catch them do we ship them all off to North Korea style re-eduction camps? What about their extended family, should we nab them, too?

As for them being in it together, yes. The parents know this shit is going on and since most of the kids are underage, they will also catch some grief... As for your North Korea re-education rant, where are you going with that?

The nuisance calls were for the teenage boys in that house for harassing new neighbors the day before, a yard was damaged. The cop was sitting there waiting to see if there was going to be any more retaliation on the new neighbors. I'm kind of surprised the cops don't tell about all the other calls they have had on this family.
This family will eventually get caught with something more damning, Piedmont is a small town after all. I'll be interested to see if their fall will be as nationally televised as this peeing incident. If not, I'll keep this thread bookmarked and will let you all know.

So they're all in it together, I guess? When we catch them do we ship them all off to North Korea style re-eduction camps? What about their extended family, should we nab them, too?

As for them being in it together, yes. The parents know this shit is going on and since most of the kids are underage, they will also catch some grief... As for your North Korea re-education rant, where are you going with that?

When a member of a family commits a crime the whole family are criminals, just as you've suggested.

When a member of a family commits a crime the whole family are criminals, just as you've suggested.

Ah, you're nit picking... My apologies, I forget when dealing with netizens I have to spell it out perfectly. Those involved, the kids slinging dope while terrorizing a neighborhood, and their parents will soon face the repercussions for the trouble they cause that town.

The boy might be just a toddler, but he should have been taught that he needs to go to the toliet, or potty, if he needs to pee. You can't have people, make or female, young or old, pulling their pants down and pissing in front of the neighbours.

The cop, however, should have let her off with a warning, and told her to train her son to go visit the bathroom next time.

Seriously????It would seem that one of the problems in today's society is that kids are not allowed to be kids anymore. Name one person who should be offended when a three year old whips it out and whizzes, for God's sake.

Anyone who gets a thrill out that should be on the sex offender/pedofile list. What the hell, we don't need the police telling us how to potty train our kids.

Get a frikkin' life.

Well they fired the officer;
PIEDMONT — A police officer who lost his job over a public urination ticket he wrote was just doing his job, his attorney said Wednesday.
Ken Qualls, 45, wants his job back, attorney Jarrod Leaman said.
Qualls, who has 18 years’ experience as a law officer, was investigating complaints of someone urinating on vehicles when he wrote the ticket Nov. 4 to Ashley Warden because her 3-year-old son, Dillan, dropped his pants in the family’s front yard.

Fired Piedmont police officer was only doing his job, his attorney said. | NewsOK.com

It also explains why the cop was there;
Police Chief Alex Oblein confirmed extra patrol had been ordered for the area where the Wardens live because neighbors had complained about loud music, beer bottles being thrown in their yards, vehicles being urinated on and obscene language being used.

Police Chief Alex Oblein confirmed extra patrol had been ordered for the area where the Wardens live because neighbors had complained about loud music, beer bottles being thrown in their yards, vehicles being urinated on and obscene language being used.

Explains why he would want to arrest a three year old

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but doesn't the responsibility/punishment fall on the parents if a child under the age of ten does anything illegal?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Explains why he would want to arrest a three year old

I know you're being facetious but how so? The ticket was amended to contributing to the delinquency of a minor. If he was gunning for anybody it would have been those that egged the tot on;
Leaman said Qualls acted on “probable cause,” when he witnessed others at the home taking the boy to a spot where the boy pulled his pants down. Qualls was trying to “enforce the law and keep the peace,” he said.

Also, he had his supervisor's consent;
Qualls talked to his supervisor on duty before writing the ticket, Leaman said.

It has all been piled on Officer Qualls because this matter has reached national attention and now, like those who never have the full story, everybody has decried police abuse... Poor sod should have called into work that day.

Qualls is a sucker for trying to enforce public decency laws on a 3 year old

As soon as he pulled his ticket book out he was in a lose-lose situation

You see someone egging on a three year old...you yell at them

Cops can still do that

I am not a prude, but I don't want to see anyone, male or female, young or old, pissing in full view of their neighbors!

Guys always watch themselves pee. I guess women don't. :rofl:

BTW, this is an envy thing isn't it. :lol:

(I have to make sure I check the date on posts before replying.)

Last edited:
The boy might be just a toddler, but he should have been taught that he needs to go to the toliet, or potty, if he needs to pee. You can't have people, make or female, young or old, pulling their pants down and pissing in front of the neighbours.

The cop, however, should have let her off with a warning, and told her to train her son to go visit the bathroom next time.

You don't know a lot of toddlers, do you, dumbass?

Toddler’s Public Potty Break Gets $2,500 Ticket, Then an Apology - ABC News

The incident began last Sunday in the now ironically-named town of Piedmont, Okla., north of Oklahoma City. Jennifer Warden and her daughter, 21-year-old Ashley Warden, were approached by a local police officer who had been perched at the end of their quiet cul-de-sac of homes.

“He came over and said, ‘Give me your ID,’” Jennifer Warden said of the officer, later identified as Officer Ken Qualls. “I just stood there a minute, and then I asked him why did he need my ID and he said, ‘Public urination.’”

Qualls was looking in the direction of Ashley Warden’s 3-year-old son, Dillon, who had pulled his pants down at the end of their home’s driveway to relieve himself

When Ashley Warden, who was unavailable for comment today due to her work schedule, came back outside, Qualls issued her a $2,500 ticket for her son’s public urination.

“‘It doesn’t matter because it’s public urination and in public view,’” Warden said Qualls responded when the mother and daughter protested that Dillon was just a toddler and that he was on their two-and-a-half acres of private property, where they’ve lived for eight years.

The cop is definitely in the wrong here, but a toddler should have never been unsupervised in a situation where he was able to pee at the end if a driveway unhindered. In fact the mother should have been charged for child endangerment.

Unsupervised? Child endangerment? His grandmother was right there!

So most of you here believe its perfectly okay to piss on the sidewalk? How germy.

Sidewalks are supposed to be germy, you stupid twat. They're SIDEWALKS. They're outdoors, and people walk on them. Not to mention that animals pee, and even poop, on them, whether people's toddlers do or not. Were you planning to eat your dinner off of them?

As someone who's actually raised children, rather than turning them over to some government creche to be indoctrinated, I can tell you I'd be a lot more concerned about screwing up my toddler's potty training by overreacting and yelling at him in this situation than I would be by him deciding to pee outside. He's 3; it's not that critical. If the cop REALLY thought a 3-year-old penis was that huge a public outrage, he should have just gone over and told the mother to keep her kid's dick out of public view in the future. Sheesh.

Forgive me if this has already been pointed out, but doesn't the responsibility/punishment fall on the parents if a child under the age of ten does anything illegal?

Holly

Oh heck no. Remember Hillary's ghost written book "It Takes a Village"? The "Villaghe" is responsible for you and your kids. You no longer have rights or responsibilities. You're no better than a child yourself don't you know....you shouldn't be allowed to think or act for yourself.

So most of you here believe its perfectly okay to piss on the sidewalk? How germy.

The little boy peed on his own front lawn.

I don't want to see any little kids pissing on their front lawn, especially if I happen to be looking outside my window at that moment.

Because you're that hyper-sensitive to and aware of the genitals of toddlers? I think if you moved into my neighborhood, I'd move somewhere else, just to be safe.

I am not a prude, but I don't want to see anyone, male or female, young or old, pissing in full view of their neighbors!

Why? Are your eyeballs going to go up in flames at the outrageous sight of a little urine? Or is it the sight of a 3-year-old penis that has you wigging out?

No I do not, and if and when I do, they will not be pissing on the front lawn. Period.

Should you, God forbid, ever be allowed to reproduce and then actually impose your poison onto a poor, helpless child, I'm going to laugh my ass off when you get one of the toddlers who makes a habit of streaking the neighborhood.

I'm just waiting for the explosion when you find out that REAL children are very different from dollies.

3 year old kids should be toilet trained...

It's always the people who are too chickenshit to actually get into the parenting arena who present themselves as experts on how to raise children. Hey, while you're professing knowledge in fields you know nothing about, why don't you call up NASA and tell them how to improve their next space shuttle design?

Oh heck no. Remember Hillary's ghost written book "It Takes a Village"? The "Villaghe" is responsible for you and your kids. You no longer have rights or responsibilities. You're no better than a child yourself don't you know....you shouldn't be allowed to think or act for yourself.
I've never even heard of that book.

Holly

Forum List

Back