3 Simple Questions for Democrats and others who support them today.

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Charles_Main, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Ok I have 3 very simple questions:

1) How many of you really understand how much 1 Trillion or 10 Trillion dollars is.

Or national Debt is TEN THOUSAND BILLION DOLLARS a Billion being 1000 Million. Or Around 33000 dollars per person in the USA. Divide 10 trillion by 300 Million You will get 33,333.333333333333333

2) If the Democrats maintain or increase their control of the Congress and Obama has 2 terms. In 8 years how much Debt do you believe they will accumulate?

My guess is if Obama has 8 years with the Dems in Control of Congress the whole time. They will come close to doubling the Current Debt for a total of 20 Trillion.

3) How much Debt is to much? At what point will our Debt load become to much to bare and cause catastrophic Economic and Currency collapse?

IMO the answer is a number lower than we are already at. We are already seeing the disastrous effects of Years of Deficit spending. Tight Credit markets, Falling Dollar Values.

IMO We are very near a Point of No return, a Critical Mass. Where our Currency value will collapse. Today it is down, but still among the most valuable in the world. I am talking about a collapse that will make our money worth a fraction of what it is today. Basically we would become a 3rd world nation. The signs are all around us. The Credit markets and Falling dollar values as I said. The fact that it is becoming harder and harder to sell US bonds, Which is how we sell the Debt. the Interest alone on what we owe now is = to what our entire National Budget was just a few short years ago. So I would say we can not spend any more or we face ruin.

We have added 3.7 Trillion in New Debt since 2007, and are well on our way to making that an even 5 trillion in 2 years. We also have Tens of Trillions. With a T, in up coming unfounded obligations through SS, Medicare, and Medicaid.

So please give me a chance to understand your mindset. I mean I know many of the Things you all want to spend on are noble. Some are good ideas even, but answer me these 3 questions would you please?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    It's not just democrats. We've seen so many hundreds of billion dollars frivolously thrown at this mess the past year, that we're numb to those numbers now.

The government has carte blanche to spend however much it wants because we've been conditioned to accept that much money as being not a big deal.

3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    no shit last night i watched a bunch of politicians get all excited that they had only spent 780 billion instead of 820 billion.....and only 1/3 of it is actual cash to stimulate the economy.....how much did bush and co blow before christmas.....

4. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    ... crickets ...

Obama wants the 'stimulus' package and that's all that matters to them. What more is there to say? And they don't believe Social Security will ever go bankrupt. Go figure.

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,337
    Remember when we used to bitch about hundreds of MILLIONS?

What a bunch of pussies we were!

6. Peejay

Peejay BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Asking this question only of democrats ? Wow. The question isn't about spending the money, it's about what it's spent on. Either party spends ridiculous amounts of money. The only difference is that one side builds new things, the other blows up existing things and then rebuilds them so they can be blown up again. Presto, a never ending source of economic value !

But seriously, the US economy is at critical mass. This money we're talking about doesn't even exist. It's a figment of the imaginations of hedge funders and Wall street managers. There can be a basic understanding that money = product. No matter how you slice it, it comes back to that sooner or later. The national check book has to be balanced every so often. Just because you have checks left doesn't mean there is money. Most people understand the check to money analogy but can't seem to grasp the money to product analogy for some odd reason.

7. Peejay

Peejay BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88

Social Security won't go bankrupt until we drive the illegals out. We've been told that SS was going bankrupt for as long as I could understand the words Social Security. It hasn't happened. In fact, each time some other government entity needs cash, they borrow from SS. The dirty little secret ? 50 billion dollars annually paid into SS by illegals that they can never collect. Be sure to tell grandma to say thanks to a Mexican in the grocery store.

8. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I asked this question of Democrats and their supporters, who currently are 3 republicans in the Senate and none in the house. I asked it of them because they are the ones doing the spending right now! They have a near super majority in Both Houses of Congress. So it is time to stop saying why are you only asking Democrats this question. I ask you because you are the ones supporting doing this spending now.

Democrats have been in control of Both Houses of Congress since jan 2007. In that time they spent, and Bush approved 2.7 Trillion DOLLARS in 2 Years, and are now spending nearly 1 Trillion more with more to come to bail out housing.

It is outrageous to think we can sustain this.

For the record I have been critical of Republicans and Bush all along for spending to much money, and for printing new money, and for Borrowing. I am just so tired of hearing the blame game and excuses. Oh look what Bush did, oh look what Reagan Did.

STOP!!!!

Lets figure out how to fix this shit before it is to late. In order to do that, Blame can not be a part of it.

STOP THE SPENDING.

Now is anyone going to actually answer my 3 questions?

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251

To bad 50 Billion is a tiny fraction of what SS pays out.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    That explains why Democrats cater to illegals.

There is a social security crises coming our way, but people disagree as to when it hits. Bill Clinton gave 3 solutions to the impending crises:

1. Raise the retirement age.
    2. Decrease the benefits.
    3. Privatize.

All 3 could be used to save us from a disaster.