3 Simple Arguments Against the #MeToo Movement

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to this forum (although I've lurked around for a little while without posting) but I wanted to share with you my arguments against the feminist '#MeToo' movement which has been circulating since October of last year. Lately there's been plenty of backlash against #MeToo, so I'm curious to know what the general opinion is.

Any feedback on my video (good or bad) is much appreciated! :)

Here are my three arguments:

1. The #MeToo Movement Lacks a Consistent Standard
What I mean by this is that when we are talking about sexual violence it is an absolute necessity that we draw some lines in the sand. We men especially need to know exactly what behaviour qualifies as appropriate, what behaviour qualifies as inappropriate and what behaviour qualifies as utterly unconscionable. We also need to know what exactly the MeToo movement is taking a stand against. Is MeToo only for rape victims? Or is it for abuse victims more generally, or what? Where is the line drawn?

The problem with MeToo is that the stories posted under its banner cover almost the entire spectrum of sexually undesirable behaviour, ranging from ‘I was raped as a child’ to ‘someone winked at me on the bus’. And almost any negative sexual experience that could possibly be inflicted on a woman, so long as it’s posted alongside that hashtag MeToo, is treated by the left with an almost identical, uniform degree of seriousness.

The truly terrible thing about this line of reasoning is that the voices of real victims - the ones whose stories are backed up with actual, prosecutable evidence - are being drowned out by spiteful feminist rants about ‘mansplaining’ or ‘catcalling’ that don’t accomplish anything. Rape is being trivialised by the MeToo movement. It’s getting to the point where the scope of what qualifies as sexual harassment is so broad that abuse is seen as a banality, something happens to all almost all women at some point in their lives.

(At this point I’d show some rape statistics to prove that there’s no statistical grounds for a moral panic - check the video for these sources).

1. The #MeToo Movement Promotes Victimhood as a Virtue
What I mean by this is that the intended goal of any movement against rape or sexual violence should surely be to end rape or sexual violence, or to at least reduce it. But as MeToo’s founder Tarana Burke said; MeToo is not about producing evidence, finding actual rapists and locking them up, no; it’s about ’empowerment through empathy’.

It’s about women at large coming together and soaking themselves in sympathy. The typical process of MeToo posting goes like this; a woman tweets her story of alleged sexual violence, almost always without naming her assailant or offering any supporting evidence whatsoever, and is then rewarded with adoring comments, likes and retweets. It’s a process that clearly incentivises victimhood with its own reward scheme.

And when rape and sexual assault victims receive such an outpouring of sympathy and attention, it’s only natural that those women who haven’t been raped or assaulted in their lives are going to want a share of the victimhood as well. That’s why we’ve seen the scope of what qualifies as sexually violent behaviour widen to the point that any woman who’s been catcalled on the street is now regarded as equivalent to a victim of rape.

1. The #MeToo Movement Destroys Trust Between Men and Women
So, as I mentioned earlier, the MeToo movement offers no explanation whatsoever as to the boundaries of sexual consent. So long as a woman feels like she’s been abused, regardless of what actually happened, that’s all that matters. But if we men don’t know what is acceptable and what is not, if we don’t know what the rule is, then how are we supposed to abide by the rule?

Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice summed this effect up pretty well in my opinion. She said; ‘Let’s not turn women into snowflakes. Let’s not infantilise women. I don’t want it to get to a place where men start to think, well, maybe it’s better to not have women around’.

And she’s exactly right. I mean, it’s getting to the point where a man can’t even lean in for a kiss without the threat of a career-ending accusation surfacing at some point in the future. If this is what sexual relationships are going to be like from now on, then there’s a reasonable argument to be made that men may as well just give up on women completely. It’s just not worth the risk.

So do we have another group of MEN (and a poster?) telling women--you ARE WRONG!

Jesus fucking christ--you just don't get it!

There's No Ducking the Dyke Dynasty

The Lesbian leaders of "Feminism" want men to quit approaching women altogether, hoping the women will come running to them out of sexual frustration.

Well, if men can't satisfy them and they are tired of faking orgasms..............................

I'd go more with the "they can't compete with other competent women for the men who /do/ satisfy them" personally.

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to this forum (although I've lurked around for a little while without posting) but I wanted to share with you my arguments against the feminist '#MeToo' movement which has been circulating since October of last year. Lately there's been plenty of backlash against #MeToo, so I'm curious to know what the general opinion is.

What I mean by this is that when we are talking about sexual violence it is an absolute necessity that we draw some lines in the sand. We men especially need to know exactly what behaviour qualifies as appropriate, what behaviour qualifies as inappropriate and what behaviour qualifies as utterly unconscionable. We also need to know what exactly the MeToo movement is taking a stand against. Is MeToo only for rape victims? Or is it for abuse victims more generally, or what? Where is the line drawn?

The problem with MeToo is that the stories posted under its banner cover almost the entire spectrum of sexually undesirable behaviour, ranging from ‘I was raped as a child’ to ‘someone winked at me on the bus’. And almost any negative sexual experience that could possibly be inflicted on a woman, so long as it’s posted alongside that hashtag MeToo, is treated by the left with an almost identical, uniform degree of seriousness.

The truly terrible thing about this line of reasoning is that the voices of real victims - the ones whose stories are backed up with actual, prosecutable evidence - are being drowned out by spiteful feminist rants about ‘mansplaining’ or ‘catcalling’ that don’t accomplish anything. Rape is being trivialised by the MeToo movement. It’s getting to the point where the scope of what qualifies as sexual harassment is so broad that abuse is seen as a banality, something happens to all almost all women at some point in their lives.

(At this point I’d show some rape statistics to prove that there’s no statistical grounds for a moral panic - check the video for these sources).

What I mean by this is that the intended goal of any movement against rape or sexual violence should surely be to end rape or sexual violence, or to at least reduce it. But as MeToo’s founder Tarana Burke said; MeToo is not about producing evidence, finding actual rapists and locking them up, no; it’s about ’empowerment through empathy’.

It’s about women at large coming together and soaking themselves in sympathy. The typical process of MeToo posting goes like this; a woman tweets her story of alleged sexual violence, almost always without naming her assailant or offering any supporting evidence whatsoever, and is then rewarded with adoring comments, likes and retweets. It’s a process that clearly incentivises victimhood with its own reward scheme.

And when rape and sexual assault victims receive such an outpouring of sympathy and attention, it’s only natural that those women who haven’t been raped or assaulted in their lives are going to want a share of the victimhood as well. That’s why we’ve seen the scope of what qualifies as sexually violent behaviour widen to the point that any woman who’s been catcalled on the street is now regarded as equivalent to a victim of rape.

So, as I mentioned earlier, the MeToo movement offers no explanation whatsoever as to the boundaries of sexual consent. So long as a woman feels like she’s been abused, regardless of what actually happened, that’s all that matters. But if we men don’t know what is acceptable and what is not, if we don’t know what the rule is, then how are we supposed to abide by the rule?

Former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice summed this effect up pretty well in my opinion. She said; ‘Let’s not turn women into snowflakes. Let’s not infantilise women. I don’t want it to get to a place where men start to think, well, maybe it’s better to not have women around’.

And she’s exactly right. I mean, it’s getting to the point where a man can’t even lean in for a kiss without the threat of a career-ending accusation surfacing at some point in the future. If this is what sexual relationships are going to be like from now on, then there’s a reasonable argument to be made that men may as well just give up on women completely. It’s just not worth the risk.

So do we have another group of MEN (and a poster?) telling women--you ARE WRONG!

The Lesbian leaders of "Feminism" want men to quit approaching women altogether, hoping the women will come running to them out of sexual frustration.

Well, if men can't satisfy them and they are tired of faking orgasms..............................

I'd go more with the "they can't compete with other competent women for the men who /do/ satisfy them" personally.

I have first hand knowledge that you are wrong.

Alright, I'm curious. Such as?

I dated a feminist for two years. She didn't have a problem competing with other women in that area.

Note that rape statistics do not match the reality of rape. Very often rapes are not reported, for various reasons, but not because they didn't happen, not because the victim 'asked' for it, and not because the victim was not physically and/or emotionally damaged.

The movement doesn't promote victimhood. The purpose is to let our society know what is actually going on while we are all pretending it is not. It is a way to move forward into a future where women can go to work and be treated like any other person instead of having to dodge problems due to men treating them as sexual objects. It means people who have literally been asaulted can speak about it for the first time in their lives though they know nothing can be done about their specific case. It means that people who have experienced these things don't feel alone, that they realize they are believed and supported.

The movement does not cause any problems between men and women who are grown up, mature human beings and it doesn't worry men who are not threated by women.

I agree that women who have been sexually assaulted or coerced in an unequal power relationship should have their day in court. But there is no way that allegations of sexual assault or such should be believed as a matter of course. In fact NO JUDGEMENT at all can be made unless the allegations are tested. The "I screwed him/her because my job/part/income depended on it" or "it could help my career" just isn't going to cut it imo. That would be a matter for a court to decide. That it is disgusting caddish and boorish behaviour on the part of the perpetrator notwithstanding, consent is still consent. Where it gets to the stage of a criminal act; that's for a court to decide.

Greg

I dated a feminist for two years. She didn't have a problem competing with other women in that area.

You dated a lesbian for two years? huh? Platonic is OK; NOTHING wrong with that.

Greg

You dated a lesbian for two years? huh? Platonic is OK; NOTHING wrong with that.

Greg
Hmmmm....interesting. You guys do realize that women are telling about their experiences has nothing to do with anyone being lesbian, much less that lesbian feminists are trying to drive heterosexual women away from men. You either are or you aren't gay, unless you're bi. But the point is, people don't get turned away from or driven away from the gender they are naturally attracted to. It doesn't work like that. The assertion this movement is some kind of conspiracy is ludicrous.

Greg
Hmmmm....interesting. You guys do realize that women are telling about their experiences has nothing to do with anyone being lesbian, much less that lesbian feminists are trying to drive heterosexual women away from men. You either are or you aren't gay, unless you're bi. But the point is, people don't get turned away from or driven away from the gender they are naturally attracted to. It doesn't work like that. The assertion this movement is some kind of conspiracy is ludicrous.

My bad; the Les reference was earlier. I mixed up the posts. So what "sort" of feminist was the lady ; if not a man-hater then I would agree with much of what a conservative feminist would indeed say.

You do know that there ARE conservative feminists?

Greg

I've even seen the C word here, even reported it.

tenor.gif

A whole one feminist for two years? Well shit, I mean obviously she was representative of the general lesbian population? I speak from first hand knowledge too - there's a reason I'm not a lesbian and a lot of it has to do with emotionally weak, and bluntly ugly, and/or perhaps more often "fat" women...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm personally not real into the skinny look, I tend to prefer a "curvy" gal (or guy for that matter - I'm German heh) and personality is way more important to me, but I'm not going to deny the reality that men in general prefer the "barbie doll" type. Nor will I deny that I've met all of about three thin "classically good looking" lesbians in my lifetime...)

Where to start.

The Me Too movement isn't about you. It's about women finally having the support to come forward with their experiences of men misusing their power and authority to get --or try to get -- sexual favors. If you aren't doing that to anyone, you're good, no worries.
26903718_1669840689740925_8868053825924283315_n.jpg

A whole one feminist for two years? Well shit, I mean obviously she was representative of the general lesbian population? I speak from first hand knowledge too - there's a reason I'm not a lesbian and a lot of it has to do with emotionally weak, and bluntly ugly, and/or perhaps more often "fat" women...

(Don't get me wrong, I'm personally not real into the skinny look, I tend to prefer a "curvy" gal (or guy for that matter - I'm German heh) and personality is way more important to me, but I'm not going to deny the reality that men in general prefer the "barbie doll" type. Nor will I deny that I've met all of about three thin "classically good looking" lesbians in my lifetime...)

Why would you think she was a lesbian? You really think feminist and lesbian are the same thing?

Why would you think she was a lesbian? You really think feminist and lesbian are the same thing?

Alright you got me on that one, I presumed. My point still stands though, and I would still argue that the opinion of your one feminist does not the general rule make.

Greg
"Breeders Shouldn't Be So Uppity!"

Plato's Symposium is a manifesto for pedophilia. It also reveals that Gayism is a fad of the always-decadent heiristocracy.

Forum List

Back