Which are you?

• God does not exist

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • God exists but requires faith

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • God exists but does not choose to interact with us

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I don't doubt the "concept" of a god. But I damn sure doubt a man made god.
It is like the Abrahamic god was copied from many ancient religions. That right there should be enough, but alas..
I think us being alien experiments are just as likely.
Also, if something was complex enough to make us, they damn sure would be smarter than to threaten eternal damnation for not being conform enough.

To say that Abraham used other religions to create the concept of God is nonsensical. Was Abraham the first Godly man in the Bible? No. Who is to say what was first? I think what you are going by are archaeological evidence as to who believed what first which does not prove anything, rather, it is merely evidence.

As for aliens putting us here, that is like a dog chasing its tail. Let's put it this way, the universe is only about 15 trillion years old. The earth is only about 3 billion years old, and took life to evolve pretty much all of that time. Could other life have evolved even faster in that relatively short time span? I doubt it.
IDK maybe. But religions that pre-date hundreds - thousands of years that have the same stories draws questions at the LEAST.
Could we be the first life in this universe? Absolutely. But im saying that aliens are just as likely as that man made god. Parting the red sea? No disease or anything until after the flood? lol.. Especially since the story of Noah was about 1000 years old before the OT..

A Pharaoh is a great king with a little lantern. There are shitloads of people that carry that spiritual host with them.
To part something is also to separate. In emotions generally most people can compartmentalize their feelings, lock some away and even dismiss some of them or ignore the instincts entirely.
Red Sea in Hebrew called Yam-Suph, Arabic called Bahr Souf, i.e., the Weedy Sea, Sea of Reeds, harnessed, marshaled in military fashion. Red is the referencing the blood, ruddy or the radical. Seas are foamy, salty, raging, as mass confusion at times, etc.
I mean, you could do that. Or you could refer to Gilgamesh or Ziusudra. Were those metaphors as well?
I have not studied either so could not give anything on them with accuracy. I watched a portion clip on Gilgamesh but did not do an intense study of it. What it sounded like to me was an extreme spiritual battle. For those of us who have been allowed to see the spiritual portions in others at times most think we are a bit weird so it is not shared readily. Many have seen some things but they do not recall them until it is brought forth or they are awakened to that understanding. We are adam = human in the garden of our own pleasures until a point when the spirit in us awakens us with our own riyb (a case at law, strife or contention). Eve- Chavah- Ishah is that portion in us that is their to teach or show us how to breath- life. Life meaning that eternal portion- the living soul that was created by that which is eternal breath.

I can say that most preachers miss 'in the beginning' and that the Bible is telling about the spiritual makeup of each of us humans. That is why it is a personal relationship each must find within themselves. Hosts were given to rule over the flesh, the ruddy earth portion and heavens host to overcome that carnal portion we all have. One portion is the Son of God in us the other is the son of perdition (the beastly portion which returns to dust).

There are but 3 possibilities when it comes to the existence of God.

1. God does not exist

2. God exists but requires faith to interact with him

3. God does exist but does not choose to be known, in which case, he may as well not exist as far as we are concerned.

Which are you?
4. God has no been proven either way to exist or not.

Hence #2 or #3. Which are you?

It is like the Abrahamic god was copied from many ancient religions. That right there should be enough, but alas..
Also, if something was complex enough to make us, they damn sure would be smarter than to threaten eternal damnation for not being conform enough.

To say that Abraham used other religions to create the concept of God is nonsensical. Was Abraham the first Godly man in the Bible? No. Who is to say what was first? I think what you are going by are archaeological evidence as to who believed what first which does not prove anything, rather, it is merely evidence.

As for aliens putting us here, that is like a dog chasing its tail. Let's put it this way, the universe is only about 15 trillion years old. The earth is only about 3 billion years old, and took life to evolve pretty much all of that time. Could other life have evolved even faster in that relatively short time span? I doubt it.
IDK maybe. But religions that pre-date hundreds - thousands of years that have the same stories draws questions at the LEAST.
Could we be the first life in this universe? Absolutely. But im saying that aliens are just as likely as that man made god. Parting the red sea? No disease or anything until after the flood? lol.. Especially since the story of Noah was about 1000 years old before the OT..

A Pharaoh is a great king with a little lantern. There are shitloads of people that carry that spiritual host with them.
To part something is also to separate. In emotions generally most people can compartmentalize their feelings, lock some away and even dismiss some of them or ignore the instincts entirely.
Red Sea in Hebrew called Yam-Suph, Arabic called Bahr Souf, i.e., the Weedy Sea, Sea of Reeds, harnessed, marshaled in military fashion. Red is the referencing the blood, ruddy or the radical. Seas are foamy, salty, raging, as mass confusion at times, etc.
I mean, you could do that. Or you could refer to Gilgamesh or Ziusudra. Were those metaphors as well?

Interestingly, pretty much all ancient stories talk about an ancient flood and a Garden of Eden of some sort.

Never discount such stories. Remember, many thought stories of the ancient world were thought to be untrue, only to find out later otherwise. In fact, Biblical Archaeology is a thriving science that uses to Bible to find many archeological treasures and clues to the past.

There is no question that there was a flood, for to even know what a flood is one must observe one. The only question becomes, how big of one was there?

1. God does not exist

3. God does exist but does not choose to be known, in which case, he may as well not exist as far as we are concerned.

Which are you?

I am none of these. What hubris it takes to declare one knows something that cannot be known.

You will never be able to prove or disprove there being a God. So I assume you then refuse to take a stance of any kind.

You know what they call an agnostic don't you? It is an atheist without any gonads.

1. God does not exist

Which are you?

I am none of these. What hubris it takes to declare one knows something that cannot be known.

You will never be able to prove or disprove there being a God. So I assume you then refuse to take a stance of any kind.

You know what they call an agnostic don't you? It is an atheist without any gonads.

No -- it's called intellectual honesty.

Interestingly, pretty much all ancient stories talk about an ancient flood and a Garden of Eden of some sort.

Never discount such stories. Remember, many thought stories of the ancient world were thought to be untrue, only to find out later otherwise. In fact, Biblical Archaeology is a thriving science that uses to Bible to find many archeological treasures and clues to the past.

There is no question that there was a flood, for to even know what a flood is one must observe one. The only question becomes, how big of one was there?
I do not discount what God planted in earth as it was all done for a purpose.

The people scattered throughout wrote and verbally documented what they could recall. No different than today they also went by their own precepts. As humans we have a difficult time knowing or seeing the difference between what manifest spiritually and physically (I say that from personal experience). We are lacking in that department on purpose as we grow.

1. God does not exist

Which are you?
4. God has no been proven either way to exist or not.

Hence #2 or #3. Which are you?

The answer is none of the above.
He exists.
He loves you so much that we have nothing to compare His love to. It is stronger than any love that has ever been on this earth.
He never takes His eyes off of you.
He waits to hear you call His name.
He died in your place.
He is planning to spend eternity with you.

1. God does not exist

Which are you?

Like saying the universe had a beginning? The universe had a beginning. Or saying that beings that know and create were predestined to exist by the laws of nature when space and time were created? Beings that know and create were predestined to exist by the laws of nature when space and time were created.

Last edited:
Gods that you can choose to ignore;

1) A god who doesn't care about humans, and never ask you to follow him
2) A god doesn't have enough worshipers and followers in history, say, Zeus doesn't even qualify to call himself a god due to the lack of followers in history
3) A god says nothing about the future of humans, or a god who says humans could possibly have a bad consequence but without providing a viable solution

In the end, the only God you don't have an option to choose to ignore Him is the one who says that there is a bad consequence awaiting humans and He provided a viable solution for humans to evade such a bad consequence. All other gods are dummies who are optional for you to choose to ignore.

New Topics

Forum List

Back