• God exists but requires faith

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • God exists but does not choose to interact with us

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
There are but 3 possibilities when it comes to the existence of God.

1. God does not exist

2. God exists but requires faith to interact with him

3. God does exist but does not choose to be known, in which case, he may as well not exist as far as we are concerned.

Which are you?

I don't doubt the "concept" of a god. But I damn sure doubt a man made god.
It is like the Abrahamic god was copied from many ancient religions. That right there should be enough, but alas..
I think us being alien experiments are just as likely.
Also, if something was complex enough to make us, they damn sure would be smarter than to threaten eternal damnation for not being conform enough.

It is like the Abrahamic god was copied from many ancient religions. That right there should be enough, but alas..
Also, if something was complex enough to make us, they damn sure would be smarter than to threaten eternal damnation for not being conform enough.

To say that Abraham used other religions to create the concept of God is nonsensical. Was Abraham the first Godly man in the Bible? No. Who is to say what was first? I think what you are going by are archaeological evidence as to who believed what first which does not prove anything, rather, it is merely evidence.

As for aliens putting us here, that is like a dog chasing its tail. Let's put it this way, the universe is only about 15 trillion years old. The earth is only about 3 billion years old, and took life to evolve pretty much all of that time. Could other life have evolved even faster in that relatively short time span? I doubt it.

God is a spirit. Jesus also taught that but it is a very hard concept for many to grasp anything outside of that box that they have been taught. As carnal humans we tend to think on a level with our five senses. The ancients called those five senses the five stone kings. Our spiritual portion created in the image of God can reach that portion that is in us that is made of spirit but it does require faith, seeking the truth with a clean heart and persistence. It does not come all at once as we couldn't handle it all at once. We have been given coverings to cover our own shame lest our eternal soul made from that lil' breath of God dies in it.

1. God does not exist

3. God does exist but does not choose to be known, in which case, he may as well not exist as far as we are concerned.

Which are you?

I am none of these. What hubris it takes to declare one knows something that cannot be known.

To say that Abraham used other religions to create the concept of God is nonsensical. Was Abraham the first Godly man in the Bible? No. Who is to say what was first? I think what you are going by are archaeological evidence as to who believed what first which does not prove anything, rather, it is merely evidence.

As for aliens putting us here, that is like a dog chasing its tail. Let's put it this way, the universe is only about 15 trillion years old. The earth is only about 3 billion years old, and took life to evolve pretty much all of that time. Could other life have evolved even faster in that relatively short time span? I doubt it.
IDK maybe. But religions that pre-date hundreds - thousands of years that have the same stories draws questions at the LEAST.
Could we be the first life in this universe? Absolutely. But im saying that aliens are just as likely as that man made god. Parting the red sea? No disease or anything until after the flood? lol.. Especially since the story of Noah was about 1000 years old before the OT..

1. God does not exist

Which are you?
4. God has no been proven either way to exist or not.

Maybe God should show his face and put everything to rest. I mean, he showed his face and had a son when people didn't have answers. And now.....

What's really funny is the poll didn't ask any of that.......... But some people can't help themselves......... :eusa_whistle:

What's really funny is the poll didn't ask any of that.......... But some people can't help themselves......... :eusa_whistle:
Indeed. The poll didn't ask that either, though.. :smoke:

Compulsion? :dunno:

Fair enough.

Ass.

Fair enough.

Ass.
And my ass thanks you....... :thup:

The poll choices are inadequate:

4. It's turtles all the way down.

Fair enough.

Ass.
And my ass thanks you....... :thup:
The whole thing or just a couple square feet? :boobies:

IDK maybe. But religions that pre-date hundreds - thousands of years that have the same stories draws questions at the LEAST.
Could we be the first life in this universe? Absolutely. But im saying that aliens are just as likely as that man made god. Parting the red sea? No disease or anything until after the flood? lol.. Especially since the story of Noah was about 1000 years old before the OT..

A Pharaoh is a great king with a little lantern. There are shitloads of people that carry that spiritual host with them.
To part something is also to separate. In emotions generally most people can compartmentalize their feelings, lock some away and even dismiss some of them or ignore the instincts entirely.
Red Sea in Hebrew called Yam-Suph, Arabic called Bahr Souf, i.e., the Weedy Sea, Sea of Reeds, harnessed, marshaled in military fashion. Red is the referencing the blood, ruddy or the radical. Seas are foamy, salty, raging, as mass confusion at times, etc.

God exists but does not choose to interact with us

- is the 3rd option for a reason such as the fallacy of the 4th century christian religion
or a decision with the knowledge of their existence ...

A Pharaoh is a great king with a little lantern. There are shitloads of people that carry that spiritual host with them.
To part something is also to separate. In emotions generally most people can compartmentalize their feelings, lock some away and even dismiss some of them or ignore the instincts entirely.
Red Sea in Hebrew called Yam-Suph, Arabic called Bahr Souf, i.e., the Weedy Sea, Sea of Reeds, harnessed, marshaled in military fashion. Red is the referencing the blood, ruddy or the radical. Seas are foamy, salty, raging, as mass confusion at times, etc.
I mean, you could do that. Or you could refer to Gilgamesh or Ziusudra. Were those metaphors as well?

Forum List

Back