3 Die As They Go Over Waterfall In Yosemite National Park

Did they think the signs saying "do not cross" and the guardrails were merely decorative?? As awful as this is . . .stupid is as stupid does.

When you do stupid things like this you take your chances.
What was in their heads (air).
Did they think that the signs were not serious?

I feel nothing for those that died, they were about as stupid as anyone could get.
My thoughts are with the family and friends they left behind, the ones who will always wonder..."why did they do that??....what on earth were they thinking??"
Such a sad story~"

I feel nothing for those that died, they were about as stupid as anyone could get.
My thoughts are with the family and friends they left behind, the ones who will always wonder..."why did they do that??....what on earth were they thinking??"
Such a sad story~"

They had no experience with water currents. I have been to this waterfall probably 20 times in my life. I usually just pass on by on my way up to the highcountry while Backpacking in order to get away from idiots like this.

Anyway, I have been in the exact area of the river that they got swept away in. Usually, it's only 1 or 2 feet and with good footing it's not a problem because there are rocks prior to the drop off. You would have to be a complete moron to go over without stopping yourself.

The problem is, here in California we had 170% snow pack this year. Records were shattered. The Sierra Nevada (where Yosemite is located) is flowing with snow run off right now. That stream by my guess is probably 3 or 4 feet in depth and 5 times the normal water speed. You couldn't pay me to step in there right now. What is sad, is that there is actually a sign that reads "If you enter the stream and go over the falls, then you will die"

I am not kidding, that is exactly what it says, and in spanish as well. The widerness has no mercy on the foolish. ~BH

Last edited:

Forum List

Back