3-D printed guns

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Has the whole gun control debate suddenly been reduced to a moot point?

An Austin, TX company claims to have used a 3-D printer to create parts of a working AR-15 and, apparently, so has someone else. They both have produced YouTube videos of their guns in action.

I knew about 3-D printing, but this is the first I've heard of this. Even though it appears to be experimental at this stage, it certainly does look feasible. The ATF thinks so.

Print Me an Assault Rifle: Should 3-D Print Companies Be Responsible for Gun Control?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqzJlBcCsow]Make a Working GUN using a 3D Printer! 100% Legal. Amature GunSmith Makes an AR-15 Rifle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLlJshR6nvg]3D Printed Assault Rifle Makes It 6 Shots Before Breaking - YouTube[/ame]

Has the whole gun control debate suddenly been reduced to a moot point?

An Austin, TX company claims to have used a 3-D printer to create parts of a working AR-15 and, apparently, so has someone else. They both have produced YouTube videos of their guns in action.

I knew about 3-D printing, but this is the first I've heard of this. Even though it appears to be experimental at this stage, it certainly does look feasible. The ATF thinks so.

Print Me an Assault Rifle: Should 3-D Print Companies Be Responsible for Gun Control?

Make a Working GUN using a 3D Printer! 100% Legal. Amature GunSmith Makes an AR-15 Rifle - YouTube

3D Printed Assault Rifle Makes It 6 Shots Before Breaking - YouTube

Hell of an assault rifle to be able to shoot 6rnds. You still can't print a steel barrel, firing pin or bolt. It seems the liberal press wants you to think you can go to your printer and print out a real rifle.

With 300 million guns in circulation, who cares if you can print one?

Hell of an assault rifle to be able to shoot 6rnds. You still can't print a steel barrel, firing pin or bolt. It seems the liberal press wants you to think you can go to your printer and print out a real rifle.

Maybe that can't be 3-D printed right now, but who knows about down the road? Ideas like this only seem to get more advanced rather quickly. And besides (correct me if I'm wrong) a 3-D printer could just as easily work with powdered metals as it does with plastics, right?

How many rounds the first prototype fired isn't important. What IS important is that it fired any at all.

With 300 million guns in circulation, who cares if you can print one?

We all might care if individuals or radical groups can create the ability to print as many guns as they like, whenever they like. No form of gun control can stop that.

Maybe that can't be 3-D printed right now, but who knows about down the road? Ideas like this only seem to get more advanced rather quickly. And besides (correct me if I'm wrong) a 3-D printer could just as easily work with powdered metals as it does with plastics, right?

How many rounds the first prototype fired isn't important. What IS important is that it fired any at all.

The old zip guns the gangs used in the 50s and 60s were completely homemade and could fire. Where there's a will there's a way. Maybe the left should make will illegal, It'll work as good as most their other ideas.

The powers that be are worried to death about 3d printers, not because of the dangers of weapons but because as they improve they are a threat to copyright and patent holders monopolies. I expect to see them banned for personal use about the time they become capable of making useful items.

The powers that be are worried to death about 3d printers, not because of the dangers of weapons but because as they improve they are a threat to copyright and patent holders monopolies. I expect to see them banned for personal use about the time they become capable of making useful items.

Yeah, that's what it'll come to. Forget about gun control...we'll have PRINTER control!

Yeah, that's what it'll come to. Forget about gun control...we'll have PRINTER control!

Damned right we will, Most estimates have them capable of making practically anything in about twenty years. Heard about research efforts to print everything from replacement body parts to medicines to cuts of steak. The big manufacturing concerns are shaking in their boots.

Forum List

Back