3,500 Calories = 1 Pound of Fat

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Why losing weight is so hard and gaining weight is so easy - Healthy Living on Shine

FACT 4 - Aging Contributes to Weight Gain: As if aging doesn't contribute enough to unfavorable things, it also contributes to weight gain. As we get older, our metabolism slows down, requiring us to need less food and calories. If you don't modify your caloric intake as you get older to reflect this change in metabolism, you will start to see weight gain.

The Bad News: Unfortunately, eating an extra couple of unhealthy snacks or drinking a few extra glasses of wine can happen in a blink of an eye. However, the time and energy required to burn off those calories takes a lot more effort. We have provided a chart on what 1,000 calories looks like on both sides in the chart below (remember, it is 3,500 calories that make up a pound).

:(

Losing weight isn't all that hard. If you put in 30 minutes of running everyday, anyone can drop a few pounds a week. Running a mile may just burn 300 calories in that time, but it keeps the metabolism high all day thus burning maybe 500 more calories a day than if you sat on the couch or behind the computer.

Losing weight isn't all that hard. If you put in 30 minutes of running everyday, anyone can drop a few pounds a week. Running a mile may just burn 300 calories in that time, but it keeps the metabolism high all day thus burning maybe 500 more calories a day than if you sat on the couch or behind the computer.

Yep, or swimming. I'm on a routine now of lifting 3 times a week, and swimming laps the days I don't lift. I'm not a runner, but for people who want to lose weight it's a good way to do it-and it's FREE!

I read somewhere it's harder for women to lose weight than men. :mad:

But I do love to execise, it clears my head and gets out my frustrations of the day!

I'm not a runner, but for people who want to lose weight it's a good way to do it-and it's FREE!

That's what I'm all about. Fuck workout videos, aerobic classes, tae-bo, 8minute abs, ect... Maybe I should make a video called 30 minute gut buster, and video tape myself running through the streets of charleston for 30 minutes. I'd probably make a million bucks cause people are gullible like that.

That's what I'm all about. Fuck workout videos, aerobic classes, tae-bo, 8minute abs, ect... Maybe I should make a video called 30 minute gut buster, and video tape myself running through the streets of charleston for 30 minutes. I'd probably make a million bucks cause people are gullible like that.

People will pay for anything that they think will help them lose weight.

(or look younger)

I ride my bike four miles a day, walk with a hiking group twice a week, and I have reduced my sugar intake. I am almost 50, so I still get much under 200.

No, but it does have one half & half, and a Hazelnut Splenda packet in it.

That sounds tasty. I jack up my coffee because I make it EXTRA strong. I put in cream, sugar, skim milk and whip cream on top. I don't know how many calories that is, but damn it's good! I like/need a good jolt of caffeine in the a.m.

No, but it does have one half & half, and a Hazelnut Splenda packet in it.

Oh, to answer your question that's about 25 calories, you work that off raising your arm up and down to drink it. The body burns 90 calories an hour if it's not doing anything.

Forum List

Back