3,000 jobs to Chandler, Arizona

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GopJack, Feb 19, 2011.

1. GopJack

GopJack GopJack

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    MSM did not really push this one too hard on front pages but when Obama was in Silicone Valley couple days ago, Intel announced it is going to start building their 3rd plant in Chandler AZ starting this fall. The 5 billion dollar plant will use 2000 construction workers in the next 2 years and employ over 1,000 full time workers.
    Now why was this so low key? Arizona is a right to work state, and almost all those jobs will be NON UNION.
    Ask yourself why the Midwest union state govs are trying to take away all their restrictions and regulations with unions at the present time? This is not rocket science.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    this was on the drawing board and planned to start for at least 4 years......

3. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    I worked in Chandler for several years at another Semiconductor besides Intel. (Guess which one.) Is that where you are? I'm glad the Phoenix area is getting some boost to their devastated economy.

4. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,417
    I was going to tell my friend in Chandler about this. He recently got laid off from Orbital Sciences.
    But, if this ain't rocket science I guess he need not apply.

5. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Boeing and Google are bringing a combined 12,000 jobs to Charleston,SC.

Boeing chose SC over Seattle. Why? They literally said non-union labor was why. Low taxes. No unions. Means better business.

Now 12,000 South Carolinians will be watching future Seattle union protests....from the break room of their jobs at Boeing and Google in Charleston.

6. Trajan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    there is not one foreign car plant in a non right to work state that I k now of...the UAW says they are going to take another run at unionizing them anyway, good luck on that, they have never made anything but one slim in road into Toyota I think, because Toyota got browbeat by the gov....

the union leadership did their large part to destroy saturn too.....

7. The Hatter

The Hatter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Using this logic, the U.S should try to emulate China since they get the most jobs of anyone.

8. Trajan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    and one other point, this big meeting he had with the silicon valley 'bus.' people...well, out of 12 he had, he had I think 4 real bus. folks there, who run a bus. with a supply chain and manufacturing etc...........

9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    And what kind of special tax breaks did they get to locate there?
    Breaks that other SC businesses do not get.

And on the low key thing I guess the liberal media did not want to brag on the jobs and have it linked to Obama?
    But yes this is not new news anyway.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  10. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    They got awesome tax breaks.

And guess what? A massive Boeing plant, with 6,000 well paid workers........are gonna buy homes, buy lunch, buy groceries, enroll in schools, pay payroll taxes, pay sales taxes, attract corporate events and visits, which spend money in hotels...etc.

In short, a giant plant sparks an entire region. JUST LIKE the big BMW plant basically rose the Greenville-Spartanburg region of SC's economy like a rising tide. Greenville went from a stagnant town in upstate SC to now the states most populated county, fastest growing city, and one of the cities that is above water and actually building parks and running a balanced budget.

Attracting big business works. South Carolina has figured that out. So yes, Boeing got a big tax deal. And all their employees are gonna be spending their money in Charleston, SC instead of Seattle, WA. How do the small business owners of Seattle feel about that?

I suppose you would rather stick to ideology, however, and NOT offer the tax break and just see Boeing go elsewhere? WHO wins in that scenario?