3,000 + Academics Sign Pro-Ayers Petition

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Educators signed a petition praising William Ayers as an education reformer whose ties to the domestic terrorist group Weather Underground are just "history."

More than 3,200 supporters -- most of them educators -- have signed a petition protesting what they say is the "demonization of Professor William Ayers," asserting that his violent actions as the co-founder of the Weather Underground were just "history."

"It's true that Professor Ayers participated passionately in the civil rights and antiwar movements of the 1960s, as did hundreds of thousands of Americans. His participation in political activity 40 years ago is history; what is most relevant now is his continued engagement in progressive causes, and his exemplary contribution -- including publishing 16 books -- to the field of education," it reads.

Ayers helped found the radical anti-war Weather Underground in the late Sixties. The group claimed responsibility for bombing the Pentagon, U.S. Capitol and a New York Supreme Court justice's home. Three of its members were killed when bombs intended for the U.S. Army base at Fort Dix, N.J., and Columbia University exploded in a New York City townhouse in 1969.

More Than 3,000 Academics Sign Pro-Ayers Petition - FOXNews.com Elections

The way I hear it, the Weather Underground called in their bomb threats to make sure no one was in the building when their bombs went off. Only members of the Weather Underground were killed making their bombs.

Not that I approve, but what do you do when the top 1% starts a war and sends thousands of American kids to die for a bullshit war? Or what do you do when the government sicks attack dogs and riot police on you for piecefully protesting? And what do you expect when our government is abusing it's power and possibly stealing elections?

Educators signed a petition praising William Ayers as an education reformer whose ties to the domestic terrorist group Weather Underground are just "history."

More than 3,200 supporters -- most of them educators -- have signed a petition protesting what they say is the "demonization of Professor William Ayers," asserting that his violent actions as the co-founder of the Weather Underground were just "history."

"It's true that Professor Ayers participated passionately in the civil rights and antiwar movements of the 1960s, as did hundreds of thousands of Americans. His participation in political activity 40 years ago is history; what is most relevant now is his continued engagement in progressive causes, and his exemplary contribution -- including publishing 16 books -- to the field of education," it reads.

Ayers helped found the radical anti-war Weather Underground in the late Sixties. The group claimed responsibility for bombing the Pentagon, U.S. Capitol and a New York Supreme Court justice's home. Three of its members were killed when bombs intended for the U.S. Army base at Fort Dix, N.J., and Columbia University exploded in a New York City townhouse in 1969.

More Than 3,000 Academics Sign Pro-Ayers Petition - FOXNews.com Elections

The way I hear it, the Weather Underground called in their bomb threats to make sure no one was in the building when their bombs went off. Only members of the Weather Underground were killed making their bombs.

Not that I approve, but what do you do when the top 1% starts a war and sends thousands of American kids to die for a bullshit war? Or what do you do when the government sicks attack dogs and riot police on you for piecefully protesting? And what do you expect when our government is abusing it's power and possibly stealing elections?

well duh----you start riots and blow up things.
it only makes sense .:rolleyes:

I bet it was really tough finding 3,000 liberal academics too. :lol:

well duh----you start riots and blow up things.
it only makes sense .:rolleyes:

I bet it was really tough finding 3,000 liberal academics too. :lol:

Maybe conservatives should become smarter and get into educating the rest of us.

Yes. A terrorist who got off scott free is still a terrorist. If these people want to be traitors, they should pay the price.

So you don't believe in the American judicial system. I see. You are anti American....judicial system. Hell, fill in the blank. How many other ways are you anti American?

Did Scooter Libby pay the price?

Maybe if I bomb federal buildings and have plots to kill servicemen and get awaywith it, I will get into the education field so I can be forgiven and a hero

Awww how thoughtful of them to do that! I'm gonna' vote for Obama now, seeing how they were such good friends. :D

Yes. A terrorist who got off scott free is still a terrorist. If these people want to be traitors, they should pay the price.

This country was founded by people who by today's standards would be considered traitors and terrorists. But don't let that get in your way of being a wingnut :cuckoo:

It's funny how the righties only want to protect the freedoms THEY hold dear, guns, babies, and their right to go tax free. :clap2:

Maybe if I bomb federal buildings and have plots to kill servicemen and get awaywith it, I will get into the education field so I can be forgiven and a hero

He never killed anyone. The only people that died were members of the Weather Underground.

They called in their bomb threats so the buildings would be evacuated.

Awww how thoughtful of them to do that! I'm gonna' vote for Obama now, seeing how they were such good friends. :D

I thought you neo conservatives admit that the government is the enemy/problem. Now all of the sudden you defend them?

Is the government good or bad in your eyes? Make up your mind.

Yeah, well Hitler's crimes took place before I was born...doesn't mean I would ever defend him

too bad we can't resurrect Tim McVeigh and let him teach kindergarten.

Let's parole Ted Kaczynski and have him teach mathematics

Give Luke Helder a job at the post office

Joe Konopka can be a fireman

let's give George Metesky a posthumous academy award for being the worlds harshest movie critic

After all it's "history" right?

Forum List

Back