2nd Worse Eonomical Disaster In The Nation's History

Dems 2008: ''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,''

I recall the hearings back in 2004. Some experts started warning as early as 1999 that something was wrong with F and F. In the hearings, we heard an angry and ranting Maxine Waters claim that Fannie Mae was fine and you don't fix something that isn't broke. The Republicans had to listen to one rant after another from Waters, Barney Frank and others. The Dems claimed that the hearings were nothing but a political lynching of Franklin Raines, who took off under a multi-million dollar umbrella before the crash. All the Repubs wanted was more oversight and regulations. Then, a few years later, the Repubs were accused of a lack of oversight and regulations.

Fannie and Freddie may not have been the sole cause of the meltdown, but they were in the worst shape and showed symptoms first. It was the tip of the iceberg ahead and none of the Dems wanted to turn the ship.

F and F were the binary black holes at the epicenter of the meltdown.

My friends at Lehman and Bear got wiped out while the criminals at F/F continue to draw their checks. They should be liquidated right after Romney is sworn in

I guess I shouldn't have been shocked when F and F were given a truckload more of money after the meltdown. They started back with the same practices. And the administration keeps giving them more and more money every time they ask for it. Currently, tax payers are paying $40 million just to mow lawns of the foreclosed homes owned by F and F. That doesn't include the repairs and remodels that will be necessary before they can be sold. Of course, the tax payers won't make a penny off those sales, but F and F execs will be richly rewarded and show their gratitude by giving more money to the politicians who made it possible. I remember reading that Obama had benefitted the most in the shortest amount of time from the slush fund known and F and F. I think overall, he came in second.

I recall the hearings back in 2004. Some experts started warning as early as 1999 that something was wrong with F and F. In the hearings, we heard an angry and ranting Maxine Waters claim that Fannie Mae was fine and you don't fix something that isn't broke. The Republicans had to listen to one rant after another from Waters, Barney Frank and others. The Dems claimed that the hearings were nothing but a political lynching of Franklin Raines, who took off under a multi-million dollar umbrella before the crash. All the Repubs wanted was more oversight and regulations. Then, a few years later, the Repubs were accused of a lack of oversight and regulations.

Fannie and Freddie may not have been the sole cause of the meltdown, but they were in the worst shape and showed symptoms first. It was the tip of the iceberg ahead and none of the Dems wanted to turn the ship.

My friends at Lehman and Bear got wiped out while the criminals at F/F continue to draw their checks. They should be liquidated right after Romney is sworn in
Um no actually FF has little to nothing to do with the crises that deosnt stop republicans from lying about it though
The Myth of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank, the Housing Bubble and the Recession « The Long Goodbye
Things Everyone In Chicago Knows - NYTimes.com

FF set the standard for AAA rated paper.

Stick to things you actually know something about like...

All this talk about who caused what and when is bullshit. I've seen no proof of any claim made regarding who caused anything.

Rather than blame the other side..why don't we just recognize the root cause of debt...DEFICIT SPENDING! When you spend more than you receive, you have to borrow money.

STOP THE GODDAMNED DEFICIT SPENDING! CUT THE SIZE OF THE MONSTER GOVERNMENT!

Our problems revolve around spending that is so out of control that it's about to drive us into insolvency yet people like you blindly insist that if we could just tax the wealthy "a little more" then everything will be fine.
and after they spend/waste that money who do they hit next.

Cammmpbell: Anybody who actually works for a living who votes Republican deserves exactly what they get.

Unfortunately the outcome affects everyone the same ... and already has.

Rather than pay down the National Debt with the surplus Bush inherited he handed it to himself and a few others ... they will be voting the same for the 1% candidate - Romney.

What surplus?

You can not show one.

School me if you can.

Um no actually FF has little to nothing to do with the crises that deosnt stop republicans from lying about it though
The Myth of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank, the Housing Bubble and the Recession « The Long Goodbye
Things Everyone In Chicago Knows - NYTimes.com

FF set the standard for AAA rated paper.

Stick to things you actually know something about like...

ROTFL this coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing

I was there. The crash in the late 20's, early 30's was during a Republican administration.

Just coincidence I'm sure but the one now is totally the fault of two terms back to back of a bunch of assholes who put tax cuts for the wealthy above the welfare of average America. This country will go down the tubes if we elect another president who is hell bent on accomodating the wealthy, corporations and the military-industrial complex. Anybody who actually works for a living who votes Republican deserves exactly what they get.

There hasn't been a new idea or a benefit for the working man under a Republican president since the Interstate Hiway system which was proposed during the Eisenhower administration. He just had to see his vision of a system like the one he had witnessed while he was in Europe during the second world war. We're still behind about 30 other countries when working class is the deciding factor and there are so many dumbasses who vote their early years, family and religious belief against reality that we could come up worse off if the Republicans get back into the white house and work their magic.....tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.

Now you were in the midst of the Great Depression?

Really?

images
Right in he midst of the worst part..................I'm 77 years old and I saw my Dad disabled and out of work for six months when that was a life tiime. We didn't have enough to get by. Modern society has successfully hidden that from the youngsters of today.
No clue about what hard times are.........................

Dummmbell posts about 2nd Worse Eonomical Disaster In The Nation's History

Illiterate typo aside, it appears that the moron, Dummmbell, is talking about the 2nd most money-saving disaster in the Nation's history.

What a schmuck he is.

Sob sob. Here's a site for y'all to give to govt. https://www.pay.gov/paygov/

Like I said.......take it for granted assholes should be required ot acutally work a day or two. Do you have any clue what a carpenter does or measures up to in todays society

In then late 40's a corporate executive made about 4-5 times what a carpenter earned. By the 70's the multiplier had grown to about 50 times. By 2010 about 550 times. You people don't give a big rat's ass what happens to the less fortunate.....why don't you at least be honest enough to admit it

Last edited:

Like I said.......take it for granted assholes should be required ot acutally work a day or two. Do you have any clue what a carpenter does or measures up to in todays society

In then late 40's a corporate executive made about 4-5 times what a carpenter earned. By the 70's the multiplier had grown to about 50 times. By 2010 about 550 times. You people don't give a big rat's ass what happens to the less fortunate.....why don't you at least be honest enough to admit it

I'm admitting nothing. I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I started with nothing out of college.

What do blacksmiths earn now compared to the 1880's?

I'm admitting nothing. I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I started with nothing out of college.

What do blacksmiths earn now compared to the 1880's?

Buggy makers? Saddle makers? Steam Locomotive manufacturers?

We've had the 2nd worst economical disaster in history and what did this president make his priority for his first year in office? Health Care Reform. That was his agenda for the first year and his topic on most of his speeches. This boondoggle turned out to be the great over the top expense in history not to mention the incredible defecit we have today after two credit downgrades.

We are still in trouble and looking at giveaways to green companies that go belly up without any promise except for his cronies. His mantra is not to curb spending but more taxes and more spending without looking to jobs for the people.

Done with this man's promises.

We've had the 2nd worst economical disaster in history and what did this president make his priority for his first year in office? Health Care Reform. That was his agenda for the first year and his topic on most of his speeches. This boondoggle turned out to be the great over the top expense in history not to mention the incredible defecit we have today after two credit downgrades.

We are still in trouble and looking at giveaways to green companies that go belly up without any promise except for his cronies. His mantra is not to curb spending but more taxes and more spending without looking to jobs for the people.

Done with this man's promises.

He shot his whole wad on ObamaCare (that is about to go down)...he knows it. He now is backtracking tryin to fill in the holes of what he should have been doing all along...but in an election year? I'd say he's days late, trillions of dollars short...and transparent in what he's now doing.

The Fed caused the collapse in '29 by draining 1/3 of the money supply. You could try to throw in a fact or two every now and then, it won't hurt you

On the contrary, putting out all the facts would hurt their cause tremendously. Can't have people knowing that government intervention in the private sector is what always causes problems, not the 'tax cuts for the wealthy' BS.

I was there. The crash in the late 20's, early 30's was during a Republican administration.

Just coincidence I'm sure but the one now is totally the fault of two terms back to back of a bunch of assholes who put tax cuts for the wealthy above the welfare of average America. This country will go down the tubes if we elect another president who is hell bent on accomodating the wealthy, corporations and the military-industrial complex. Anybody who actually works for a living who votes Republican deserves exactly what they get.

There hasn't been a new idea or a benefit for the working man under a Republican president since the Interstate Hiway system which was proposed during the Eisenhower administration. He just had to see his vision of a system like the one he had witnessed while he was in Europe during the second world war. We're still behind about 30 other countries when working class is the deciding factor and there are so many dumbasses who vote their early years, family and religious belief against reality that we could come up worse off if the Republicans get back into the white house and work their magic.....tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations.

A disaster was economical? I guess it's good that they didn't over spend!

:lol:

Does it mean that those involved saved or had enough to pay for the disaster? :lol:

Does it mean that those involved saved or had enough to pay for the disaster? :lol:

No shit.. and checkout the genius' spelling of highway...

Forum List

Back