2nd time in two years a once in a thousand year flooding in Maryland.

I hate to throw a wrench in your works, but the 1,000 year categorization referred to the RAIN, not the flooding.

I hate to throw a wrench in your works, but the 1,000 year categorization referred to the RAIN, not the flooding.

You didn't bother to read the link I posted.

You didn't notice that Deanrd made up the post headline:

"2nd time in two years a once in a thousand year flooding in Maryland."

bolding mine

He mentions FLOODING, not rain in his post as the 1,000 year event.

While the headline in his link states: "Alberto Now a Flood Threat Across the Southeast; Weakens to a Depression".

Both YOU and Deanrd created the false narrative, while several people destroyed his "2nd time in two years a once in a thousand year flooding in Maryland." argument.

You are so far off the mark on this one fella!

It is now proof that you didn't read MY posted link showing that WORSE floods have happened there and that the town is built in a FLASH FLOOD zone, you freaking moron!

Here is what you ignored about the Town past weather history. They have had even bigger rainfall totals that this one you and Deanrd irrational wail over.

"Floods
The town is prone to flooding from the Patapsco River and its tributary the Tiber River. These floods have had a major impact on the history of the town, often destroying important businesses and killing many. Ellicott City has had major devastating floods in 1817, 1837, 1868,[58] 1901, 1917, 1923, 1938, 1942, 1952, 1956, 1972 (Hurricane Agnes), 1975 (Hurricane Eloise), 1989, 2011, 2016, and 2018. The 1868 flood washed away 14 houses, killing 39 to 43 (accounts vary) in and around Ellicott City. It wiped out the Granite Manufacturing Cotton Mill, Charles A. Gambrill's Patapsco Mill, John Lee Carroll's mill buildings, and dozens of homes.[58] One mill was rebuilt by Charles Gambrill, which remained in operation until a fire in 1916.

A 1923 flood topped bridges, in 1952 an 8-foot (2.4 m) wall of water swept the shops of Ellicott City, and a 1956 flood inflicted heavy damage at the Bartigis Brothers plant. On June 21, 1972, the Patapsco River valley flooded 14.5 feet (4.4 m) from the remnants of Hurricane Agnes, taking out a concrete bridge, destroying the Jonathan Ellicott home, and the 1910 Victor Blode water filtration plant, and flooding Main Street to the Odd Fellows hall.[10]:26 The Old Main Line of the B&O Railroad also sustained serious damage.

On September 27, 1975, the town was flooded 9.0 feet (2.7 m) from Hurricane Eloise. Floods also occurred September 22, 1989, from Hurricane Hugo, and on September 7, 2011, flooding 11.0 feet (3.4 m) from Tropical Storm Lee."

Your first Washington post link doesn't bother to mention PAST rainfall totals, which I have already showed from Hurricane Agnes of June 22, 1972 storm that dumped around 10-14" in the region, including Ellicot City (whoops there goes your 1,000 year bullshit) as shown by the Baltimore Sun:

40 years later, Agnes remains benchmark for county disasters

Kevin Rector, [email protected]

June 20, 2012

EXCERPT:

"As the water rose up Main Street in historic Ellicott City that wet morning in June 1972, creeping ever higher, Roland Bounds took out a piece of chalk and marked a line on the sidewalk, just downhill from his wife's Ellicott's Country Store.

If the water reached that mark, he told his teenage son, Steve, they would have to start moving furniture from the first floor to the second floor of the store, which is about halfway up the street from the Patapsco River.

"I remember it vividly," said Steve Bounds, now 56. "When you're 16 years old, you're just in awe of the magnitude of it all. It was an amount of water that was hard to even fathom."

and,

"The storm dropped an estimated 10 to 14 inches of rain on already saturated areas of Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania and caused massive flooding from North Carolina to New York."

Here is the rainfall total from Hurricane Agnes for the region:

agnes1972filledrainwhite.gif

LINK

From Wikipedia below,

Then just THREE YEARS later Hurricane Eloise in similar area visited by H. Agnes got a similar soaking (Whoops there goes the 1,000 year bullshit once again!) with 14" at Westminister Md, which is just 30 miles NORTH of Ellicot City.

Again the NOAA map of Hurricane storm totals:

rainfall.gif

Tropical Storm Lee

Lee_2011_rainfall.gif

The National Weather Service reported record 30-day total rainfalls in Prince George's County, Maryland, including 24.13 inches in Largo, 23.98 inches in Forestville, and 21.49 inches in Forest Heights.

LINK

Largo MD is just 39 miles SOUTH of Ellicot City MD.

I show THREE storms that deposited similar rainfall totals or worse that occurred in a 39 year time frame BEFORE the … he he, 1,000 year rainfall event of 2018 storm. This totally destroys the 1,000 year event claim utterly, which is a common warmist propaganda attempt to make it appear more bad than it is.

You guys failed to do your research on past weather events in the region. I knew it was false from the start because I already knew about Hurricane Agnes and Tropical Storm Lee mashing those regions years ago with incredible rain.

Floods happen....always have. Always will.... and the important thing is that is how the public sees it. Some scientists get hysterical about it.... what are you gonna do? You get people getting hysterical in any field.:bye1:

Let's face it.... the climate change OCD's have been talkin about the floods for 15 years. Result? It's moved absolutely nobody to action..... because very few care. They've determined they been watching flooding their whole lives so what is the use in getting hysterical about it? Certainly that is appalling to the alarmist guy but these people are like the assholes standing around the huge dance floor with their thumb up their asses while the masses dance their asses off all night! :coffee:

The 1,000 year pronouncement regarded the rainfall. The same comment was made about the 2016 rainfall and both were made by the same fellow, a meteorologist at Accuweather. However, NOAA agrees with that assessment.

They were WRONG!

SEE HERE, and HERE, if you dare:

Those take me to two posts in which you state that they are wrong. What fucking value do you think I should put on that?

What's your point? Do you think it wasn't once-in-a-1,000 year rainfall? If not, then let's see your reference. Cause mine says it was.

Those take me to two posts in which you state that they are wrong. What fucking value do you think I should put on that?

What's your point? Do you think it wasn't once-in-a-1,000 year rainfall? If not, then let's see your reference. Cause mine says it was.

You are truly a messed up fella.

Quoting myself:

"I show THREE storms that deposited similar rainfall totals or worse that occurred in a 39 year time frame BEFORE the … he he, 1,000 year rainfall event of 2018 storm. This totally destroys the 1,000 year event claim utterly, which is a common warmist propaganda attempt to make it appear more bad than it is.

You guys failed to do your research on past weather events in the region. I knew it was false from the start because I already knew about Hurricane Agnes and Tropical Storm Lee mashing those regions years ago with incredible rain."

Maybe you should stop here...………………….

Last edited:

Forum List

Back