2nd Republican debate

Gas prices fell in Los Angeles over the weekend, and are likely to fall nationwide. The "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" mainly seems to have alarmed only Pakistan, which will now shoot to kill--if they show up again(?)!

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Northwestern Squaw woman, famous for undressing(?) Bullwinkle Moose--brings certain aura of legend to Party of Abraham Lincoln, The Cheap! Laissez-Faire families want life like now in East Africa! No government intervention, regulation or controls whatsoever! Lincoln preferred Costa Rica, instead! U.N. now fully engaged in East Africa, instead--doing misszionary work, among many Orphans--like in Haiti(?)! Laissez-Faire Does That to people!)

I watched the entire thing waiting for one laugh. I think it fell flat. Not funny at all. I think the Frey impersonation of Palin is getting old and stale. I used to think it was hilarious, but it definitely has jumped the shark. Not even the Rent Is Too Damn High guy was funny. The Newt, Bachmann and esp Romney skits were just not funny at all!

Sorry Ravi, but if you laughed at that, then you got issues! :eusa_whistle:

There hasn't been anything, period, "funny" on SNL for years. The show is pathetic.

I watched the entire thing waiting for one laugh. I think it fell flat. Not funny at all. I think the Frey impersonation of Palin is getting old and stale. I used to think it was hilarious, but it definitely has jumped the shark. Not even the Rent Is Too Damn High guy was funny. The Newt, Bachmann and esp Romney skits were just not funny at all!

Funny or not, they all did an excellent job of portraying rightwingloons.

:clap2:

The House Budget Committee of Rep. Ryan, GOP From Mars, couldn't even sell his roadmap to The Party of Abraham Lincoln, aka "The Great Cheapskate!" The Liberian Movement meant Africa, Not Costa Rica. Then as now, War Spending To Kill Off Americas was agenda Number One of the newly ascendant party. Clearly not much other spending was included, such as on what to do next.

The GOP MediCare Solution was to get the federal government out of any pretense of health care cost controls, and send worthless paper to future retirees instead. Euros were not going to be sent, but "vouchers" were going to be sent.

Then in Social Security, rather than a stable and solvent fund, then millions would be able to lose it all again, in the seamy world of investors, not bailed out by government. The Ryan Budgeteers knew where the money should go--even when Bush was in office.

Ryan's Roadmap is still on the internet.

"The proposal strengthens this important retirement program and makes it sustainable for the long term.
•Preserves the existing Social Security program for those 55 or older.
•Offers workers under 55 the option of investing over one third of their current Social Security taxes into personal retirement accounts, similar to the Thrift Savings Plan available to Federal employees. Includes a property right so they can pass on these assets to their heirs, and a guarantee that individuals will not lose a dollar they contribute to their accounts, even after inflation.
•Makes the program permanently solvent – according to the Congressional Budget Office [CBO] – by combining a more realistic measure of growth in Social Security’s initial benefits, with an eventual modernization of the retirement age."

Rather than a small but on-going return on invested money, like in Social Security: Then instead a guarantee of "No Return At All," was imposed.

Clearly, no one will go there(?)!

(Put Northwestern Squaw With Many. . .Spawn & Little Critters. . .on top instead!)

Last edited:
Romney and Newt pieces weren't funny at all.

Trump was more clever than anything, but again no guffaws.

The rent is too damn high guy was clever only.

Palin piece still delivers like FedEx. Always on time.

Funny or not, they all did an excellent job of portraying rightwingloons.

:clap2:

LOL, not sure you understand that falling flat means they failed. Comedy that isn't funny, isn't a success? It would be like saying the Cubs did great this year by coming in last place in the NL Central!

Wow, Liberal humor just showed it has become dated.

See, humor has to have a touch of reality for the viewers to believe the joke, that's what makes it funny... For instance, the Palin stuff *was* funny because she *was* important, key word is *was*. Then they had Mitt… yikes…

I like how they called out everyone in the first debate unimportant, even Cain... Bold move when he might outpace Ron Paul... Bolder move when no one "big" has signed up on the Republican side yet meaning that like it or not a no name Republican (or democrat) will take 45%ish of the vote in the GE just for showing up and have the tag (R) or (D). What you don't want is someone like Ron Pail, Herman Cain or someone like Obama running against you because they get that base party vote regardless if they suck (see McCain in 2008) or not... They can energize their base and pull independents and even members from the other party.

I’m pretty fuckin funny, I know most liberals can’t handle the fact that all conservatives these days are not outdated racist apes like they wish for everyday of their lives but this SNL humor was aimed at the political idiots of our time, something there seems to be les and less of as people take notice of how bad Bush and Obama have been.

Anyways, I could have done better and I’d bet your average idiot off the street could have done better than SNL did on that skit too. Not shocking all the liberals on these boards let their hate flood out but know this, you too look dated.

I agree about Palin but I didn't find it funny because I don;t see her as running for president... That simple fact kinda kills the joke.

Apparently SNL has delivered a GOP, satirical, fait acompli.

The Party of Abraham Lincoln, does this--and including in the name of freedom. The first thing taken away, in their ascendency, was hundreds of thousands of White People's lives. Then they took away the chattel property, helping to take Black Security away. The Klan was to be thought a whole lot better idea.

Most recently, they took the Schedule M, Refundable Tax Credit Away.

In the House Budget Roadmap, they intended to take the MediCare and Social Security investment income away.

Sarah Palin's famously funded outfits: They probably intend to take away--which may be their only chance. There are Old, Fat, White People--Cavorting About Naked On Other People's Yachts, Dumping Substand and Other Treasure, into the Sea. The House GOP likes to put the pictures of their people, in their campaign documents.

They need a viable alternative, presidential contendress.

(Jackie Gleason--maybe not such a good presidential contentder, role model--who promised to get rid of. . . some people. . .in a non-negro dialect(?)! Anytime soon, many hoping to hear, "And, Away. . .We Go!")

Wow, Liberal humor just showed it has become dated.

See, humor has to have a touch of reality for the viewers to believe the joke, that's what makes it funny... For instance, the Palin stuff *was* funny because she *was* important, key word is *was*. Then they had Mitt… yikes…

I like how they called out everyone in the first debate unimportant, even Cain... Bold move when he might outpace Ron Paul... Bolder move when no one "big" has signed up on the Republican side yet meaning that like it or not a no name Republican (or democrat) will take 45%ish of the vote in the GE just for showing up and have the tag (R) or (D). What you don't want is someone like Ron Pail, Herman Cain or someone like Obama running against you because they get that base party vote regardless if they suck (see McCain in 2008) or not... They can energize their base and pull independents and even members from the other party.

I’m pretty fuckin funny, I know most liberals can’t handle the fact that all conservatives these days are not outdated racist apes like they wish for everyday of their lives but this SNL humor was aimed at the political idiots of our time, something there seems to be les and less of as people take notice of how bad Bush and Obama have been.

Anyways, I could have done better and I’d bet your average idiot off the street could have done better than SNL did on that skit too. Not shocking all the liberals on these boards let their hate flood out but know this, you too look dated.
Thanks for expressing your outrage so eloquently.

I agree about Palin but I didn't find it funny because I don;t see her as running for president... That simple fact kinda kills the joke.

I thought they covered that. Palin ACTS like she's going to run just to stay in the limelight and make more money on book tours and reality tv shows.

For the Midterms, the GOP House released the picture book of all the old, fat, whte people: Their vision of America, yet to happen!

Rep Ryan went a whole lot further, in the standard political comedy fare: With a budget roadmap that only the Party of Abraham Lincoln, could be believe in(?)! Lincoln's god was war, announced in 1852. Lincoln's ascendency to the White House created the war against the white people everywhere--killing off friend and foe alike, and claiming that they were all best friends, to be united somewhere, somehow, again!

So Ryan's roadmap proposed an entire federal system, awash and under water. A program of. . .more or less Confederate Money, called, "vouchers," to replace the MediCare System.

Then Ryan's roadmap proposed to take the money from the Social Security Trust Fund, which sometimes creates investment income approaching double digits, and guarantee only that retirees would have no investment income at all(?)! Potential retirees could invest, but losses would be limited to the amount invested. No annual single digit investment strategy was to be put in place, for that money.

The concept was to drain the Trust Fund of profitable investment principle.

http://aging.senate.gov/crs/ss5.pdf

Even the federal government is aware of this stuff, even if the Republican House Budget Committee is not aware of any of this stuff.

(Ignorance of the Law, in fact, compels even Blacks Adults(?) to send their spawn to pricey Sidwell Friends School, instead--and not to the local public schools, right there around the corner(?). . .or maybe corners(?)!)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back