2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon because of Las Vegas shooter.

Discussion in 'Congress' started by 52ndStreet, Oct 11, 2017.

1. danielpalos

danielpalos Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,988
    dude, you don't know what you are talking about.

A simple appeal to ignorance (of the law).

Only in right wing cognitive disconnect can anyone be unconnected with the militia, only with militia service, well regulated.

2. danielpalos

danielpalos Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,988
    A posse register for gun lovers who love to love their guns in public.

What part are you not bright enough to understand?

3. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205
    danielpalos, Somehow even my direct quotes have been attacked and contain strikethroughs.

You're in no position to be claiming I'm wrong when everything you've posted on this thread has been refuted and proven wrong by standing court precedents to be inaccurate..That is everything that can be understood in English. The rest of your tripe is pretentious cant and uteer nonsense.

4. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205

If you could string a few words together to make sense, I might understand it. What in the Hell is a posse register? And again, how many times have you seen me in public with a firearm? How many sir? You tell more lies than a New York politician... bet you're a Democrat.

You can't define your own bullshit terminology and think people are stupid for not being able to define crap you make up??? You got to be kidding.

5. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Between someone editing my posts and others being deleted, I have to keep repeating this stuff. The strikeouts by persons unknown was not something I'd attribute to a moderator, but who knows???

We have to give danielpalos some kind of advantage. He thinks he's winning something.

According to the Heller decision:
    The Supreme Court held:
    "(1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53."

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia
    "In People v. Aguilar (2013), the Illinois Supreme Court summed up the central Second Amendment findings in McDonald:

Two years later, in McDonald v. City of Chicago, 561 U.S. ___, ___, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3050 (2010), the Supreme Court held that the second amendment right recognized in Heller is fully applicable to the states through the due process clause of the fourteenth amendment. In so holding, the Court reiterated that “the Second Amendment protects the right to keep and bear arms for the purpose of self-defense” (id. at ___, 130 S. Ct. at 3026); that “individual self-defense is ‘the central component’ of the Second Amendment right” (emphasis in original) (id. at ___, 130 S. Ct. at 3036 (quoting Heller, 554 U.S. at 599)); and that “elf-defense is a basic right, recognized by many legal systems from ancient times to the present day” (id. at ___, 130 S. Ct. at 3036)
    "

McDonald v. City of Chicago - Wikipedia

6. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Tench Coxe:As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms.” in “Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution,” under the pseudonym “A Pennsylvanian” in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789.

7. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205
    So, somebody is going to strike out part of each of my posts now. Okay. Got it.

Patrick Henry:The people have a right to keep and bear arms.” (Elliott, Debates at 185)

Alexander Hamilton: “…that standing army can never be formidable (threatening) to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in the use of arms.” (Federalist Paper #29)

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,561
    Such as?

9. Humorme

Humorme Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Wrong. France's mortality rate is worse than the U.S.

Death rate, crude (per 1,000 people) | Data

10. danielpalos

danielpalos Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,988
    dude; it is the law, no amount of appealing to ignorance will work on this anymore.

The People are the Militia; You are either well regulated or you are considered, unorganized (by our republican forms of Government).