2nd Amendment should not be infringed upon because of Las Vegas shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what I'm saying? You're not even going to attempt to try anything because your brain is stuck on your false mantra.
False mantra?

What do you intend to do?

I can attempt to do many things.

Imprison these people for life. Total seclusion. No amenities.

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

An example will be set for those who think murder is acceptable.

Other countries have disarmed their citizens. And this hasn't worked.

Our mass murderers seem to have one thing in common.

Prescription medication.

Mass murder is a recent phenomenon.

Again. Besides disarming the entire nation what would you do?
Actually, Japan "disarmed" its citizens and has an extremely low gun crime rate. Among others.
The citizens of this country are not going to agree to being disarmed.

This problem is going to have to addressed another way.
Then you are going to have to live with mass shootings on a regular basis. maybe sometime in the future, another generation... will see the absurdity of the current system, and they will start to take the appropriate measures. Societies usually get more civilized over time, not less. Well... usually... lol.

Yeah.....with 600,000,000 guns in private hands, and over 16,300,000 people carrying guns for self defense we will have a few people who are evil....in 2016 there were 6 of them who murdered 71 people with guns...out of 600,000,000.

In France, on evil guy used a rental truck to murder 89 people and injure over 450....in one attack.

In 2016, knives were used to murder 1,604 people...

So tell us, genius...which tool was deadlier in 2016... guns used in mass shootings, or stabbings?

And tell us genius.....if you disarm Americans, Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murders....and also mass public shootings......so if you take their guns.....you want those people to be raped, robbed and murdered and to be victims of mass shootings...

So..which is a larger number....

1,500,000 crimes stopped or 71 people murdered by random nuts?

And then you have this.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

All firearm deaths are homicides whether or not justifiable ... So if a cop shoots an armed suspect returning fire and kills him ... It is still a firearm homicide.
It's all in the wording ... And the words are used to press an initiative.

False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

Actually, Japan "disarmed" its citizens and has an extremely low gun crime rate. Among others.

Then you are going to have to live with mass shootings on a regular basis. maybe sometime in the future, another generation... will see the absurdity of the current system, and they will start to take the appropriate measures. Societies usually get more civilized over time, not less. Well... usually... lol.

Any death of a human bing caused by another no matter how, is a homicide.

Yeah.....with 600,000,000 guns in private hands, and over 16,300,000 people carrying guns for self defense we will have a few people who are evil....in 2016 there were 6 of them who murdered 71 people with guns...out of 600,000,000.

In France, on evil guy used a rental truck to murder 89 people and injure over 450....in one attack.

In 2016, knives were used to murder 1,604 people...

So tell us, genius...which tool was deadlier in 2016... guns used in mass shootings, or stabbings?

And tell us genius.....if you disarm Americans, Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop rapes, robberies and murders....and also mass public shootings......so if you take their guns.....you want those people to be raped, robbed and murdered and to be victims of mass shootings...

So..which is a larger number....

1,500,000 crimes stopped or 71 people murdered by random nuts?

And then you have this.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

All firearm deaths are homicides whether or not justifiable ... So if a cop shoots an armed suspect returning fire and kills him ... It is still a firearm homicide.
It's all in the wording ... And the words are used to press an initiative.

And why did this get its own thread? Why didn't you just reply to one of the many threads about this already?

I feel the OP is begging for attention or something. Why didn't they just reply to another thread about this? There is no substance in the OP of the thread. It's just an opinion. No link, no nothing.

I feel the OP is begging for attention or something. Why didn't they just reply to another thread about this? There is no substance in the OP of the thread. It's just an opinion. No link, no nothing.
Well, are opinion threads banned here? Seriously, I don't know if they are but why would they be? As far as "begging for attention", lol.

We as a nation should not accept any Democratic attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights, by the likes of a Diane Feinstein or any other democratic politician, because of the Las Vegas shooter.

Well, are opinion threads banned here? Seriously, I don't know if they are but why would they be? As far as "begging for attention", lol.

This isn't the opinion section, this is the current events. It's supposed to have a link and a substantial opinion. It clogs up the forum when people think they are mightier than everyone else and make a thread with no substance.

Imagine the mess if everyone started a thread on every little "opinion" they had. Why not make a thread about banning bump stocks? Then another about semi-auto rifles? Then another about sniper rifles? I mean it makes a mess of the forum. All those should be combined into one, that's why these moderators are always merging threads.

Read the OP. Why couldn't that have been a reply to an existing thread about the shooting?

Last edited:
We as a nation should not accept any Democratic attempt to infringe on our second amendment rights, by the likes of a Diane Feinstein or any other democratic politician, because of the Las Vegas shooter.

This isn't the opinion section, this is the current events. It's supposed to have a link and a substantial opinion. It clogs up the forum when people think they are mightier than everyone else and make a thread with no substance.

Imagine the mess if everyone started a thread on every little "opinion" they had. Why not make a thread about banning bump stocks? Then another about semi-auto rifles? Then another about sniper rifles? I mean it makes a mess of the forum. All those should be combined into one, that's why these moderators are always merging threads.

Read the OP. Why couldn't that have been a reply to an existing thread about the shooting?
Clearly you are obsessed over this.

Whoa-Whoa-Whoa ... How the hell did sniper rifles suddenly get thrown into the mix ... :dunno:

Last edited:
Ignorant nonsense.

The proposed legislation is perfectly Constitutional, in no manner ‘infringing’ on the Second Amendment, until such time as the Supreme Court rule otherwise.

But it's okay to infringe on the rights of gay people and black people though

In addition to the rights of women and immigrants.

Such is the hypocritical authoritarian right: they bemoan government overreach with regard to firearm regulatory measures but advocate for more government and bigger government interfering in citizens’ private lives.

And unlike the proposed legislation in response to the Las Vegas shooting, laws supported by conservatives that violate the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the voting rights of minorities are in fact un-Constitutional.

Queers can be queer and suck as much dick as they want.........black people and white people, yellow people and brown people are being oppressed under the UCC...........capiche'???

So... in YOUR future only the the government will be allowed to have guns....good luck with that.
I don't need a gun. Never have.

Hey, if you don't need a gun don't get one just don't try to tell me I don't need one.
It's a false narrative spread by the gun lobby who want to keep you scared and buying guns to say that anyone wants to take away ALL the guns.

See what I'm saying? You're not even going to attempt to try anything because your brain is stuck on your false mantra.
False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

Yes.....everyone thought Germany was civilized too.....especially the people who were marching into the gas chambers as they tried to reassure themselves that one day, their nightmare would be over.....
Godwin's law - Wikipedia

Why? You accept mass shootings on a regular basis?
Where has anyone accepted it?

I want people who do it to be executed.

you need to understand that last part PEOPLE WHO COMMIT MASS MURDER not people who don't
You've accepted mass shooting since you've never wanted to do anything meaningful to stop them.
And explain how you intend to stop them?

By disarming everyone else?
By copying laws in countries that have the least of regular mass shootings.

You mean Britain....where they did everything you want, they banned and confisated guns...and the only reason they don't have more mass public shootings is dumb luck, bad shooting and their nuts just don't do them as often.....?

And where after they banned guns......their gun crime rates skyrocketed and keep going up...you mean like that?

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”
Can you link these stats to anything in particular that we are talking about? Or are you just letting off steam because :
gun9.jpeg

I say that because in a normal, civilized society, the people would demand that something be done, and then do it. Lots of countries don't have regular mass shootings. If they can do it, so can we?
I can demand something be done.

None of my firearms have been used in mass shootings.

What do you intend to do, besides disarming everyone?
False mantra?

Hard labor.

Firing squad.

Prescription medication.

You do realize that their gun control laws have nothing to do with their low gun crime rate...right? Their culture, not their gun control laws, keep all of their crime rates low......you might want to do some research on the topic....you are fooled the same way many other gun grabbers are by the Japanese gun control myth...

Japan: Gun Control and People Control

Do the gun banners have the argument won when they point to these statistics?

No, they don't.

A realistic examination of Japanese culture leads to the conclusion that gun control has little, if anything, to do with Japan's low crime rates. Japan's lack of crime is more the result of the very extensive powers of the Japanese police, and the distinctive relation of the Japanese citizenry to authority. Further, none of the reasons which have made gun control succeed in Japan (in terms of disarming citizens) exist in the U.S.

The Japanese criminal justice system bears more heavily on a suspect than any other system in an industrial democratic nation. One American found this out when he was arrested in Okinawa for possessing marijuana: he was interrogated for days without an attorney, and signed a confession written in Japanese that he could not read. He met his lawyer for the first time at his trial, which took 30 minutes.

Unlike in the United States, where the Miranda rule limits coercive police interrogation techniques, Japanese police and prosecutors may detain a suspect indefinitely until he confesses. (Technically, detentions are only allowed for three days, followed by ten day extensions approved by a judge, but defense attorneys rarely oppose the extension request, for fear of offending the prosecutor.) Bail is denied if it would interfere with interrogation.

Even after interrogation is completed, pretrial detention may continue on a variety of pretexts, such as preventing the defendant from destroying evidence. Criminal defense lawyers are the only people allowed to visit a detained suspect, and those meetings are strictly limited.

Partly as a result of these coercive practices, and partly as a result of the Japanese sense of shame, the confession rate is 95%.

For those few defendants who dare to go to trial, there is no jury. Since judges almost always defer to the prosecutors' judgment, the trial conviction rate for violent crime is 99.5%.
Of those convicted, 98% receive jail time.

In short, once a Japanese suspect is apprehended, the power of the prosecutor makes it very likely the suspect will go to jail. And the power of the policeman makes it quite likely that a criminal will be apprehended.

The police routinely ask "suspicious" characters to show what is in their purse or sack. In effect, the police can search almost anyone, almost anytime, because courts only rarely exclude evidence seized by the police -- even if the police acted illegally.

The most important element of police power, though, is not authority to search, but authority in the community. Like school teachers, Japanese policemen rate high in public esteem, especially in the countryside. Community leaders and role models, the police are trained in calligraphy and Haiku composition. In police per capita, Japan far outranks all other major democracies.

15,000 koban "police boxes" are located throughout the cities. Citizens go to the 24-hour-a-day boxes not only for street directions, but to complain about day-to-day problems, such as noisy neighbors, or to ask advice on how to raise children. Some of the policemen and their families live in the boxes. Police box officers clear 74.6% of all criminal cases cleared. Police box officers also spend time teaching neighborhood youth judo or calligraphy. The officers even hand- write their own newspapers, with information about crime and accidents, "stories about good deeds by children, and opinions of
residents."
You're close to the ignore button, you should try to calm down. Nobody reads your copy&paste obsession. Make a point, then add a link to a credible source, if I need more info to check out what you say, I'll do it.

Looks like YOU have.
Very well.

I accept regular mass shootings.

In response, I demand that we have open-carry, equal firepower to defend ourselves. Machine guns for all.
:beer:
Like I said, the US has lost its way as a civilized society.
No it hasn't. People have always murdered. Look at other countries it's the same or worse. People have a right to defend themselves regardless of of what criminals do and no laws will stop criminals, anyone who thinks so is a fool or has an agenda.
I say that because in a normal, civilized society, the people would demand that something be done, and then do it. Lots of countries don't have regular mass shootings. If they can do it, so can we?

That would take changing our culture to theirs....and sadly, they are changing their culture to 3rd world cultures of violence......so they won't be murder free very long...
I hope that you at least realize that you're part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back