2nd Amendment protection added to Health Care ???

C'mon. Seriously. The gun lobby raises hell about this non-existent 'threat'... so it's addressed in the manager's amendment and now it's "deceit"? Considering this was included as a compromise with and for the Republicans, does that mean they want to out their own as anti-gun?

and what threat is that if i may ask?.......

I posted one of the emails. They claimed the healthcare database would be used to keep track of gun owners, and that those owning guns would be targeted for higher premiums, denial of coverage and reduction in benefits / discounts. All that was addressed in this amendment.

Thank God, all my guns are untraceable. I don't want any g-man come ask for the weapons. having said that it's a cheap political stunt to have anything like what they put in the bill regarding the second amendment

The Rs wanted that in there, ya know.

Actually, they probably wanted it defined in its own bill, where it could stand on its own legs. I can't imagine the republicans wanting it in a healthcare bill. Plus, why would the dems put that in there for the republicans? They didn't listen to the republicans on anything. The dems want it in there as an attempt to sway Americans because it's such a negative bill to Americans. Having said this, next years elections will show the distain the Americans have toward the dems for pulling this off as they did.

Danger is a function of the time elapsed between the onset of a threat and the realization of an injury. Because guns can create injury so quickly, the are far more dangerous than any other personal weapon. All the edged weapons you mentioned are no where near as dangerous because they are less-likely to produce life-threatening injuries as quickly as guns.

So can a crossbow.. so can homemade rocketry.. so can so many little things..

the FACT is that the guns or weapons themselves cause NOTHING,... which you cannot get thru your thick skull

Again, you stupid fuck, it is the ACTION, not the object

Drop it while you are behind

Oh.. and btw.. less likely to produce life threatening injuries?? you are fucking laughable

I realize you're too stupid to understand the more complicated aspects of this issue but try again, dumbass.

The availability of an efficient killing device is itself a danger. It creates a threat which can't be defeated easily. Crossbows, homemade rockets and all the other things your pea-brain might devise are not efficient.

Understand, dimwit?

This is virtually an admission of the the deceit behind the gun cult's worship of guns. Wellness programs are designed to sanction dangerous behaviors because they create risk which leads to medical expense. For instance, a wellness program might reduce benefits for smokers and obese persons in hopes of getting them to change their risky behaviors. Such programs might require beneficiaries to report their behavior and enter smoking cessation and weight loss programs. Heading-off the gun reporting requirement is an admission of the extreme danger guns create.

...Guns dont create danger dipshit....the person in possession of it does ......

Utter nonsense. Why do you think we have any gun control laws at all, dumbass?

Danger is a function of the time elapsed between the onset of a threat and the realization of an injury. Because guns can create injury so quickly, the are far more dangerous than any other personal weapon. All the edged weapons you mentioned are no where near as dangerous because they are less-likely to produce life-threatening injuries as quickly as guns.

So can a crossbow.. so can homemade rocketry.. so can so many little things..

the FACT is that the guns or weapons themselves cause NOTHING,... which you cannot get thru your thick skull

Again, you stupid fuck, it is the ACTION, not the object

Drop it while you are behind

Oh.. and btw.. less likely to produce life threatening injuries?? you are fucking laughable

I realize you're too stupid to understand the more complicated aspects of this issue but try again, dumbass.

The availability of an efficient killing device is itself a danger. It creates a threat which can't be defeated easily. Crossbows, homemade rockets and all the other things your pea-brain might devise are not efficient.

Understand, dimwit?

No you fucking idiot.... the gun does nothing.. the people with their choices and actions are the danger in themselves... whether it be with a gun, poison, a knife, their car, or whatever else

You are too fixated on the gun as a liberal talking point to even use the most simple logic

You don't think other weapons besides guns are efficient???? You are indeed dumber than a box of rocks

This is virtually an admission of the the deceit behind the gun cult's worship of guns. Wellness programs are designed to sanction dangerous behaviors because they create risk which leads to medical expense. For instance, a wellness program might reduce benefits for smokers and obese persons in hopes of getting them to change their risky behaviors. Such programs might require beneficiaries to report their behavior and enter smoking cessation and weight loss programs. Heading-off the gun reporting requirement is an admission of the extreme danger guns create.

...Guns dont create danger dipshit....the person in possession of it does ......

You are controlling the person... AKA the person's access.. you are not controlling the gun.. you fucking idiot

I posted one of the emails. They claimed the healthcare database would be used to keep track of gun owners, and that those owning guns would be targeted for higher premiums, denial of coverage and reduction in benefits / discounts. All that was addressed in this amendment.

oh ok....i thought you were talking about something else.....BUT...if your guns are not registered...how would they know you have them?

we have gun control laws as with any laws because there are assholes out there who abuse things,in this case GUNS....laws are made to curb the bad guys not the good guys...Dumbass

For the people with single digit IQ's....how does registering a gun make it less dangerous? That is, if you with single digit IQ's think a gun is dangerous.

Fewer than there are on the other side

So Reid CAN take the other route on this.. trying to use it as a means to have the DEM party attempt to label the REPs in question as being against the second amendment... which, as I stated, can be easily thwarted by explaining the whole situation to the public and exposing this stupid act by the DEMs for what it is

See, but this is the classic "FoxNews-type" negative thinking going on here.

What if the Democrats didn't do this for political gain at all? What if they did it because it was the right thing to do?

Just sayin'....

I'll quote two of my favorite folks...

Are you serious? What planet do you spend most of your time?

Democrats adding protection for the 2nd amendment becasue it's the right thing to do.... OK

Thank God, all my guns are untraceable. I don't want any g-man come ask for the weapons. having said that it's a cheap political stunt to have anything like what they put in the bill regarding the second amendment

I have mine neatly organized into two camps. all the ones the Gov can know about and then the ones they will never find...

Just in case.

You are controlling the person... AKA the person's access.. you are not controlling the gun.. you fucking idiot

Why do you think that is, dimwit?

Without the gun, he's not nearly as dangerous. The gun is the difference from an acceptable level of danger and an unacceptable level of danger.

OK, I have to say, you people are REALLY cynical, lol.

Merry Christmas, Happy belated Channukah, Happy Kwansa (whenever that is), Merry Festivus, etc, etc.

oh ok....i thought you were talking about something else.....BUT...if your guns are not registered...how would they know you have them?

I wouldn't register them. Don't think that's any of the government's business.

Forum List

Back