2nd Amendment In Modern Terms?

JimmyC

Rookie
Feb 18, 2018
If the Bill of Rights were written by common Patriots today:

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

( In modern terms)
It will be the right of the people to keep and bear arms, as a well prepared Militia being necessary to secure and maintain a free state. Because it is a God given right to protect ones self, family, and property against threat or tyranny, the right to bear arms Shall Not Be Infringed.

Backed by the 4th Amendment (within reason):
The right to secure ones own personal property / possession's (including arms) without unreasonable and search and seizure.

Backed by the 5th Amendment:
No person shall be deprived of Life, Liberty, and Property without Due Process. Nor shall it be taken for public use (to become public property, property of the State) without compensation.

If someone with unbiased scholarly knowledge could clarify or uphold this post please help, especially - If due process begins with reasonable suspicion, justifying a search and seize warrant, then the 4th Amendment suspends to - cause for reasonable search and seizure?

I ran free with a rifle when I was 12. I was taught and trained by family and school. I FEARED severe and swift repercussion if I was caught doing wrong with my gun, by anyone witnessing the act. I was responsible because everyone including neighbors, friends, acquaintances, and God were always watching and they were not afraid to whip my butt and drag me home crying!

I think this is the most informative part of the OP:

neighbors, friends, acquaintances, and God were always watching and they were not afraid to whip my butt and drag me home crying!

Presumably this is where authoritarian-passives come from.

neighbors, friends, acquaintances, and God were always watching and they were not afraid to whip my butt and drag me home crying!

"It takes a village!" :lmao:
Bravo! My wife and I often talk about how hard two parents have to work these days, weekends, nights, just to make ends meat - and leave our kids to develop on their own or under someone else's care. There is no village anymore. Just people who want to ignore what goes on around them.

Bravo! My wife and I often talk about how hard two parents have to work these days, weekends, nights, just to make ends meat - and leave our kids to develop on their own or under someone else's care. There is no village anymore. Just people who want to ignore what goes on around them.

When I was a kid my neighbors were just as prone to grab me by the scruff of the neck when I did something stupid as were my parents, and my parents the neighbor's kids.

It was a far-more orderly world. We knew the limits.

When I was a kid my neighbors were just as prone to grab me by the scruff of the neck when I did something stupid as were my parents, and my parents the neighbor's kids.

I believed that God was watching me and I still do. Don't want to piss Him off!

If you "knew the limits" --- what were they grabbing you for?

You don't have to answer that. It's not relevant. What's relevant is --- why did you like it?

Aye, there's the rub.

I believed that God was watching me and I still do. Don't want to piss Him off!

So my assessment in post 2 was spot-on correct.

If you "knew the limits" --- what were they grabbing you for?

Testing those limits. Normal childhood behavior.

You don't have to answer that. It's not relevant. What's relevant is --- why did you like it?

I didn't at the time, of course.

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

( In modern terms)
It will be the right of the people to keep and bear arms, as a well prepared Militia being necessary to secure and maintain a free state. Because it is a God given right to protect ones self, family, and property against threat or tyranny, the right to bear arms Shall Not Be Infringed.

The right to secure ones own personal property / possession's (including arms) without unreasonable and search and seizure.

No person shall be deprived of Life, Liberty, and Property without Due Process. Nor shall it be taken for public use (to become public property, property of the State) without compensation.

If someone with unbiased scholarly knowledge could clarify or uphold this post please help, especially - If due process begins with reasonable suspicion, justifying a search and seize warrant, then the 4th Amendment suspends to - cause for reasonable search and seizure?

I ran free with a rifle when I was 12. I was taught and trained by family and school. I FEARED severe and swift repercussion if I was caught doing wrong with my gun, by anyone witnessing the act. I was responsible because everyone including neighbors, friends, acquaintances, and God were always watching and they were not afraid to whip my butt and drag me home crying!

I've been posting this on my threads to the chagrin of my critics. It sums it up pretty well:

Cull & Incarcerate America

The Culling of the American Sheeple is long past over due, it should have been done during the Obama administration but just didnt happen on schedule.

All guns should have been confiscated, then Cull the American Sheeple, then incarcerate the rest of the able bodied Americans into GULAG style camps to perform essential low cost labor, now once in a wile a diamond in the ruff will appear in these camps, as then they will be rescued to live amongst the Elite for child bearing purposes or as pets.

Then we could transform America into a paradise that will endure for 100's of thousands years.

Before this beautiful transformation can take place, we must confiscate ALL guns, because as of now...... the American Sheeple have teeth........ so we must first pull the teeth.

The Culling of the American Sheeple is long past over due, it should have been done during the Obama administration but just didnt happen on schedule.

All guns should have been confiscated, then Cull the American Sheeple, then incarcerate the rest of the able bodied Americans into GULAG style camps to perform essential low cost labor, now once in a wile a diamond in the ruff will appear in these camps, as then they will be rescued to live amongst the Elite for child bearing purposes or as pets.

Then we could transform America into a paradise that will endure for 100's of thousands years.

Before this beautiful transformation can take place, we must confiscate ALL guns, because as of now...... the American Sheeple have teeth........ so we must first pull the teeth.

The quoted view is exactly the way the left sees this. I've noticed on discussion boards how even foreigners have their collective noses stuck up our butts, making much ado about the numbers of how many people are killed by firearms in the U.S. without any discussion as to why such numbers exist.

Why America?

Population wise, America is the third largest country in the world, China and India respectfully being the largest. China is 98.5 percent all one race and it's communist. The world's liberals don't have a problem with them. India is a crap-hole of a country. It's infant mortality rate is 41 deaths per 100,00 compared to the 5.2 per 100,00 deaths in the United States. More than 22 percent of India's population lives below the poverty line while 14 percent f those in the U.S. live below the poverty level. India's unemployment rate is twice that of the U.S. Those are relevant statistics comparing the two biggest nations on the planet that have such diverse populations.

So, why the focus on America?

The United States has sent more missionaries into the world to build hospitals and schools, and to spread the gospel. We have sent larger numbers of soldiers into foreign countries than any country on the globe, have (until recent years) been the most productive and prosperous nation on the planet - and still offer more opportunities for our people AND foreigners than any nation on the planet.

The reality is, the people in most other countries hate, loathe, and despise the United States because we represent Individualism, Liberty, and Freedom. The biggest things the U.S. is hated over is the fact that we have a written Constitution wherein the government guarantees our unalienable Rights; we have the highest concentration of white Christians in the world; we are the only world where the government is reluctant to tyrannize the people because we have the Second Amendment. The slaves of the world have been programmed, Pavlovian style, to question the concept of a nations whose citizenry reserves all the inherent powers to itself.

Every nation is sending Internet trolls, fake news creators, disinformation artists, and everyone with an ego to take down this Republic. They even have their mentally diseased liberals to wail about how bad America is. And when you boil it all down, their two complaints is that perceive whites as being racist and the citizenry is armed. Those two fundamental realities are what made our foundational principles the rock upon which the Republic was built.

If you just read that, you are probably asking the same question, Why America?

Amendment II

( In modern terms)

Takings Clause jurisprudence holds that private property designated as contraband is excluded from due process and just compensation requirements.

Your vision of what you would like to see happen to America not only sucks, it is precisely why the 2nd Amendment was written in the first place.

It's about resistance to tyranny dumbass.

Last edited:

Your vision of what you would like to see happen to America not only sucks, it is precisely why the 2nd Amendment was written in the first place.

It's about resistance to tyranny dumbass.

While I agree with you 100 percent, I was chuckling at that other poster's post, hoping it was satire. It's what the left really thinks, but don't have the balls (most of the time) to come out and be blunt about.

I could be wrong on this one, but your post is exactly right.

Eighteenth century America was made of communities where everyone was in almost intimate contact with everyone else. Arms and everything else have changed so much since then that it is folly to pretend otherwise.

Eighteenth century America was made of communities where everyone was in almost intimate contact with everyone else. Arms and everything else have changed so much since then that it is folly to pretend otherwise.

So, arms have changed, so what?

"When a strong man armed keeps his palace, his goods are in peace" Luke 11:21

There is a chapter in the Bible wherein Jesus told his apostles to carry a sword. He told them to hock their robes if they had to, but to buy swords (see Luke 22 esp. verse 36)

I want you to think about this from my perspective for a moment. I'm not asking that you agree, but just look at it from a different point of view. My Bible says that:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" II Timothy 3 : 16

Now, apply that to what I quoted in Luke. Don't you think that Jesus knew that technology would change and he had to know that by the time our founders stood against the Brits that muskets were much different than swords - and today, the semi-automatic firearm compared to the musket is no more different than the technological differences between a sword and a musket?

The principles of self defense haven't changed in the course of recorded history.

So, arms have changed, so what?

"When a strong man armed keeps his palace, his goods are in peace" Luke 11:21

There is a chapter in the Bible wherein Jesus told his apostles to carry a sword. He told them to hock their robes if they had to, but to buy swords (see Luke 22 esp. verse 36)

I want you to think about this from my perspective for a moment. I'm not asking that you agree, but just look at it from a different point of view. My Bible says that:

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" II Timothy 3 : 16

Now, apply that to what I quoted in Luke. Don't you think that Jesus knew that technology would change and he had to know that by the time our founders stood against the Brits that muskets were much different than swords - and today, the semi-automatic firearm compared to the musket is no more different than the technological differences between a sword and a musket?

The principles of self defense haven't changed in the course of recorded history.

Neither has human nature, which makes self-defense necessary.

Forum List

Back