2nd Amendment Discussion

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Gracie, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Porter Rockwell

Porter Rockwell VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +734
    Prove it. Your assertion is that every state constitution has a provision acknowledging and securing your unalienable Rights. Cite the words to say, let's make a easy, half a dozen states.

Quit making the same post and prove it. Let me make this easy for you. You will not find it in even one state. But, since you make the assertion a daily basis, you just got called on it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. danielpalos

danielpalos Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,954
    I noticed you didn't have an actual rebuttal for my previous post. Why is that?

3. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,537
    I guess.
    Some folks rely on pit bulls. Some on AK15s. Some with just Matilda and Bessie (my 357 and my 38). I don't think I would be comfy with an AK15. But...that's me.

4. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,537
    You have misunderstood my OP. So have a few others. Perhaps I didn't post it well.
    I am not against people having guns. I won't give up mine. I don't expect anyone else to give up theirs. I was curious as to the founding fathers and what was in their heads when they had no clue what the future had in store when it came to weaponry, NOT demanding people give up their rights.

So we have it all straight on weapon ownage. What are the thoughts of deeper background checks for those who DO own such weapons?

5. M14 Shooter

M14 Shooter The Light of Truth

Thanks Received:
    Where I can see you, but you can't see me
    Ratings:
    +6,336
    AK15?
    :lol:

6. Porter Rockwell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +734
    Of course I did. I told you to prove your assertion. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke out of your ass.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Bootney Lee Farnsworth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,763
    AK47s have always been illegal in the United States. They have never been legal to import.

You may be referring to the semi-auto replicas of the AK47.

It doesn't matter why someone wants to own an AK civilian replica. Blowing shit up can be the only reason and none other. It is a right.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. danielpalos

danielpalos Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,954
    lol. i cited a State Constitution.

that is why nobody takes the right wing seriously about the law or economics.

9. Porter Rockwell

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +734

First off, high capacity weapons have been in the United States since the late 1780s. Today, with a country with over 400 million weapons, fewer than 1 percent are used in a crime.

Everybody wants to do the "deeper" background check. Let me cut through all the B.S. and give you the straight skinny:

1) A background check in order to exercise a constitutional Right is a clear cut violation of the 4th Amendment

2) A background check only tells you about a person AFTER they've done something so egregious that it warrants a criminal record

3) With psychologists and psychiatrists to a man (or woman) being anti-gun, anyone who crosses their threshold will not qualify to own one of "those" weapons

4) The law will go after ANYONE who has experienced any kind of mental episode or occurrence: a trip to the psychologist for impotence, marriage counseling, dealing with a dysfunctional home life, or getting over the death of a loved one could, potentially mean a person could not be cleared to buy a firearm.

All is not lost. I put a bill on the table and NOBODY wants to talk about it. Let me explain why:

What I propose does not increase taxes; it does not require a large bureaucracy; it won't result in ANY infringement on a person's gun Rights. That's why politicians don't care about it. The general public COULD get behind the effort, but NOBODY is about saving lives. It's all about control.

People who are going to commit an act of violence are CREATED in their early years. Once a child hits a finite number of the 16 markers that tell us a person WILL commit a violent act AND you mix in SSRIs (psychotropic drugs) you know that this will happen.

Mass shooters tend to be young, white, males (political jihadists who are the minority of mass shooters may not fit the majority profile.) These people exhibit certain behaviors that, once a mass shooting is over, those who knew the shooter will be saying "I'm not surprised," we knew something like this was going to happen," etc. As laymen we many not know the precise reasons, but I do.

Nicholas Cruz, a good example, interacted with police at least 23 times and as many as 45 times - not counting being kicked out of school. Why in the Hell did the system not HELP this man before he became a mass shooter? I can tell you how to identify them early; I can tell you how to get them the help they need and there WILL be fewer mass shootings. The problem is we have to change our culture. If someone would help save those kids and help them, we can cut mass shootings down by 90 percent. OR we can create multiple classes of citizens with varying degrees of Liberty - and will deter many from seeking help for mental issues. We can fix this, but I've got to get the facts on the table and present the idea first. Sorry, it's not going to fit on a bumper sticker - then again, those solutions have NEVER worked.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,537
    Sorry. Not up to date on AKWhatevers. I like my 357 and my 38. Good nuff for me. Then again..if a civil war broke out..I might want an AKWhatever.:D