29th National Veterans Wheelchair games!

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Spokane gets set to welcome athletes from around world | Spokesman.com | Jul 13, 2009

The Spokane VA Medical Center has been preparing for the event for two years and has recruited 2,700 volunteers to help with 17 different events ranging over five days at locations stretching from Whitworth University to a Spokane Valley shooting range to the Convention Center and Spokane Falls Community College

I am sure I will see some of the event's since I will be dowtown for the 100th annversary for the carrousel my mother restores and maintains. Just say there is no room at the inn around here. :razz:

Every day the newspaper has been running stories about one of the local athletes in the games, it is cool to hear their story. The coolest part is that they are all so postive!

Every day the newspaper has been running stories about one of the local athletes in the games, it is cool to hear their story. The coolest part is that they are all so postive!

Perhaps because of where they've been, what they've done, what they've seen, what they've been through they realize how precious life is and are more grateful than some of the rest of us to be alive and where they are now.

:salute: :clap2:

Perhaps because of where they've been, what they've done, what they've seen, what they've been through they realize how precious life is and are more grateful than some of the rest of us to be alive and where they are now.

:salute: :clap2:
Pretty much!

Cool post Luissa! :)
I will have to admit I was alittle annoyed by the event today, they are having part of it at the college I do to and they blocked most of the parking lot I park in along with blocking the exit driveway, I didn't think I was going to get out of there legally today.

I will have to admit I was alittle annoyed by the event today, they are having part of it at the college I do to and they blocked most of the parking lot I park in along with blocking the exit driveway, I didn't think I was going to get out of there legally today.

That would be pretty frustrating. Until you remember why they're there.

Then it's frustrating but you can live with it. :cool:

That would be pretty frustrating. Until you remember why they're there.

Then it's frustrating but you can live with it. :cool:
It was frustrating when I was late for class and couldn't get a spot close!:lol:
But yeah, I wasn't too mad and I would have stayed around to watch but it 90 already and I had a date to swim.:razz:

Forum List

Back