29 years of Santa Claus

Hold it-----are you telling me there is no SANTA ??? Blasphemers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

That's what I was thinking. No Santa? That's ridiculous.

I was talking the other day with this chick named "Virginia," and she said "yes, there is a Santa"... :eusa_eh:

Due to a new government program, I have been told that Santa won't be visiting anybody who makes over $20,000 a year and has less than 4 children.

Sad times.. the end is near.. My oldest is 29 and the youngest is 9yrs old. The last year to be Santa Claus. It was a good run.

We have always taken the wonder of Christmas pretty serious around my house. It hasn't always been easy holding the magic. Many parents consider the fantasy just silliness. I recall from my youth the miracle and anticipation of Christmas morning a time of wonder, imagination and surprise.

They have a whole life time of reality but I've always believed a sprinkling of magic and fantasy could only enrich their lives.

The end does kinda make me sad though..:(

OMG! You're in worse shape with that spread than my ex! No grandchildren on the way?

Sad times.. the end is near.. My oldest is 29 and the youngest is 9yrs old. The last year to be Santa Claus. It was a good run.

We have always taken the wonder of Christmas pretty serious around my house. It hasn't always been easy holding the magic. Many parents consider the fantasy just silliness. I recall from my youth the miracle and anticipation of Christmas morning a time of wonder, imagination and surprise.

They have a whole life time of reality but I've always believed a sprinkling of magic and fantasy could only enrich their lives.

OMG! You're in worse shape with that spread than my ex! No grandchildren on the way?

I have two glorious grandchildren.. They just moved back into the area 2 months ago.. Still , it's just not the same. Although .. It's pretty nice....:happy-1:

I have two glorious grandchildren.. They just moved back into the area 2 months ago.. Still , it's just not the same. Although .. It's pretty nice....:happy-1:

i have three grandsons and they tell their dads santa always stops at papaw and nannies so were going there for christmas. (there all three 6 years old a set of twins )

i have three grandsons and they tell their dads santa always stops at papaw and nannies so were going there for christmas. (there all three 6 years old a set of twins )

My guess is you make a better Santa to the grandkids than to your own when you were in your 20's? Enjoy!

I'm so hoping my oldest gets engaged this Christmas, I can't wait for grandchildren!

My guess is you make a better Santa to the grandkids than to your own when you were in your 20's? Enjoy!

I'm so hoping my oldest gets engaged this Christmas, I can't wait for grandchildren!

that what your children say anyway.

Wait, there's no Santa Claus? :eek:

What's next? No Tooth Fairy either? :eusa_eh:

I played the Tooth Fairy routine for my boys. Each time they'd make it more difficult by wrapping the tooth, and I'd always manage to sneak a dollar in undisturbed. Once I found an envelope covered with masking tape. Must have took me an hour to steam it off, take out the tooth and slip in a bill, then put it back exactly how I found it. I made believers out of 'em LOL.

You know, the wonderful thing about having young kids is, that kinda, actually, make you believe in Santa all over again.

The darling wife thinks it's best to spill the beans, we'll see..:eusa_think:

Hmmmmm ... this is a tough one.
The way I see it, I could tell my child there is no such thing as Santa Claus, out of fear he may be ridiculed by other school children for still believing. Yet there is that part of me that wants to hang on to my childs innocence as long as possible.

My husband and I told our oldest child at the age of 9. For the fear I mentioned above.
He seems to have turned out okay. ( wipes brow )

Now my youngest is 10 and we find ourselves at that crossroads again.
This time, I don't think I want to speak the truth. This time I think I'll let the magic continue. Sure, he may hear the truth in school .... most likely he will. Just maybe he's the type of child who thinks if he mentions Santa not being real, he'll fear he won't get any presents. A few parents have told me this to be true with their kids.

It's sad when the youngest grows up and certain aspects of your life change, never to go back again. We're almost done with Cub Scouts and our elementary school. ( including all those annual activities we've come to enjoy over the years ) Sigh.

Can someone pass me a tissue!?!

This is the nut shell dilemma, when they finally ask the direct question, "are you Santa Claus.?" . They trust you to give the truthful answer and you could misdirect them or spill the beans. We feel obligated to spill the beans..

For whatever the reason the direct question hasn't been given and there's the dilemma of preemption because of the hints she may give like, my friends say there isn't and so forth but still not the direct question. That's where we're at...:eusa_think:

Kids are kids for such a short time in thier lives. They have the whole rest of their lives to be a grown up adults and to deal with the reality of life. I think I'll take my chances with lying and reminding him that I still believe in the magic of Christmas and he should too.

Good luck with your daughter Lumpy!

If any of y'all are interested, there'a a great kids book titled:

The Elf On The Shelf

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Elf-Shelf-Christmas-Tradition/dp/0976990709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258476567&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Elf on the Shelf (The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition, Volume 1) (9780976990703): Carol Aebersold, Chanda Bell, Coe Steinwart: Books[/ame]

Give the Editorial Review a read, to find out about the book and the elf.

It's almost time for him to show up at my house. That is, it's almost time for me to take him out of safe storage. lol Last Christmas when my son was still 9, he truly believed the elf was a scout sent out from Santa. I'm praying he believes again this year.

Buy it for your little ones!
But it for your grandchildren!

Forum List

Back