29 year old Cop shot in head

This is disgraceful.
I know. These un-provoked shootings seem to be ramping up since Minn LA street thugs shot.

This should be THE news! Not Mitt romney or Nick Haley running in to visit a guy they won't support.

I don't know the answer but I said way back shoot first. Go out in pairs only. One on guard at all times. Locked loaded, no penalty for mistake. Fire when ready. We support you even if you mistake kill our kids.

He died later. Killed by street scum. Shot in head. Near Detroit.

Wayne State University police officer dies in shooting
Shit happens.

..... when you sign your name, you play the game, plain and simple..
What's the score right now? My guess is that cops are still way ahead in the game.
The score is probably cops 2,000, cop killers 100.................... just a guess ...
Cops are not going out ambushing and murdering innocent citizens.

This is disgraceful.
I know. These un-provoked shootings seem to be ramping up since Minn LA street thugs shot.

This should be THE news! Not Mitt romney or Nick Haley running in to visit a guy they won't support.

I don't know the answer but I said way back shoot first. Go out in pairs only. One on guard at all times. Locked loaded, no penalty for mistake. Fire when ready. We support you even if you mistake kill our kids.
I say that every citizen should armed themselves and stand against rogue cops. Cops kill the disabled, the mentally challenged, the elderly, little children and babies, teens, rape women, brutalize citizens, plant evidence, sell drugs, protect pimps and prostitutes, steal, lie, and break the laws they arrest John Q. Public for.

Arm yourselves and be ready to defend yourself against barbaric and animalistic cops.
READ SOME OF THE STORIES HERE AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES:

Police Brutality Archives - The Free Thought Project

Shit happens.

What's the score right now? My guess is that cops are still way ahead in the game.
The score is probably cops 2,000, cop killers 100.................... just a guess ...
they are if their black

Shit happens.

Read the headlines that appear almost daily. Or, read here: Police Brutality Archives - The Free Thought Project

They rape, murder unarmed citizens, brutalize, rob, lie in court, plant evidence, and do as they damn well please. Check how much city and state governments pay out in law suits to the families of victims. Research Detroit, Chicago, L.A., New York, and other cities. They pay out multi-$Millions to families of those murdered by cops. Cops aren't saints, nor public servants. Cops are barbaric animalistic thugs with a badge and a gun, and license to kill.

There be the rub. In the early 1980's one of the objections to cops wearing bulletproof vests was that it didn't do much if you were shot in the head. Now of course every crossing guard wears a vest and every one knows it.

Now it is barely possible to survive a gunshot to the head. So someone wishing to do serious harm to a cop is almost certainly going to aim for the head. Despite the hype there is no such thing as a cop killer bullet. Spraying your bullet with teflon just means the vest stops a teflon coated bullet. It might slide down the barrel of the gun a little easier but it wouldn't make the bullet armor piercing by any stretch of the imagination.

Please do not misunderstand. I do not rejoice at the death of anyone. However this is the inevitable result of the counter.

Perhaps I should explain that. In every conflict there is an advance, and then a way to counter that advance is developed. Thick earthen walls for forts were penetrated by new rifled shells. More powerful guns on ships were countered by thicker armor. A winning tactic immediately has your opponent working on a counter tactic.

The counter to the danger of being shot in the chest is a vest that prevents that. The vest stops bullets, but it is still a vest, not a suit of armor.

I've been expecting this for a long time. I'm not happy to see it. I'm sure you can already predict the next counter in this perpetual escalation.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This topic is worthy of discussion, so thank you for your contribution.

Your comment suggests you believe there is some retaliatory element at play in the recent police assassinations. If that is so what do you feel are some of the provocations that drive people to randomly kill cops?

I have no position in this issue. I am simply curious about the likely motivation for such radical actions.

Your comment suggests you believe there is some retaliatory element at play in the recent police assassinations. If that is so what do you feel are some of the provocations that drive people to randomly kill cops?

I have no position in this issue. I am simply curious about the likely motivation for such radical actions.
It's really very simple. When cops act in a way that merits the respect of the communities they serve, then they'll be respected. Give respect and you get respect. But, when cops make daily headlines via shooting unarmed citizens, raping women, brutalizing citizens, lying in court, taking bribes from drug dealers and pimps, molesting children, engaging in spousal abuse, writing BS quota tickets, killing the elderly, killing the mentally challenged, and killing teens, they deserve no respect.

Some people have taken all they can take, and thus the shooting of cops. Look what's happening in North Dakota with the native Americans protecting their land. Cops are barbaric and animalistic thugs. All of the stories we hear and read about them can't be lies. Look at how much money cities pay out each year to cover law suits involving police misconduct and cold blooded murder. Cops are basically legalized thugs and murderers, plain and simple. It that were not true, we'd see a lot more cops behind bars in prisons.

Some say that there are plenty of good cops. Then my question is, why aren't the good cops cleaning up their profession?

The general public has been pushed to the limit, thus the lunatics out there shooting cops. They figure that our legal system wont punish them, so they take the law into their own hands. Cops are protected by our corrupt judicial system. If that were not true, our courts would be filled up with cases involving cop killings, cop rape, cop brutalization, theft, drug dealing, and other crimes that they arrest John Q. Public for.

So far we have a weird website full of crazy stories blown out of proportion. and a few posters claiming Cops are indeed a problem.

A mistake here and there or a criminal Cop every so often out of millions does not justify 200 ambush murders of any Cop over a year.

Now Indians? WTH? The Missouri river is US land. There are already pipelines under it and all over the west. Not very convincing.

Last edited:
[...]

Some say that there are plenty of good cops. Then my question is, why aren't the good cops cleaning up their profession?

[...]
Thanks for the substantive response.

I've focused on the above comment because not only is it worthy of consideration it's something which has occurred to me in recent months. In fact I did bring that up in a similar discussion some time ago and one of the cops in this forum told me the reason is there isn't much a "good" cop can do because of the risk of being branded. Having read the book and seen the movie, Serpico, which is based on what happened to one "good" cop who turned on some bad ones, what he said does make sense.

There evidently is something seriously wrong with the way policing in America has developed within the past half century. I am old enough to remember quite clearly the difference in the relationship between (New York City) police and the public in the 50s and that of today. These assassinations are a clear and disturbing symptom of a social pathology that needs to be seriously examined.

Maybe I will re-visit this when have keyboard/mouse/search/cut/paste.

By the crazed logic here we can go shoot every politician because a few may lie, cheat, steal and put people into the streets homeless.

This shooter was not involved in the stop? Just came up, bam!

Last edited:
[...]

[...]
Thanks for the substantive response.

I've focused on the above comment because not only is it worthy of consideration it's something which has occurred to me in recent months. In fact I did bring that up in a similar discussion some time ago and one of the cops in this forum told me the reason is there isn't much a "good" cop can do because of the risk of being branded. Having read the book and seen the movie, Serpico, which is based on what happened to one "good" cop who turned on some bad ones, what he said does make sense.

There evidently is something seriously wrong with the way policing in America has developed within the past half century. I am old enough to remember quite clearly the difference in the relationship between (New York City) police and the public in the 50s and that of today. These assassinations are a clear and disturbing symptom of a social pathology that needs to be seriously examined.
In my opinion, the whole problem could be solved if cops were held to the same standards as you and I are held to. In other words, if a cop breaks the law, then take the cop to court in front of a 12 member jury and a judge. Also, if wrong doing is suspected, then make it a law that an outside agency must do the investigation. We should NEVER allow one law enforcement agency to investigate wrong doing by another law enforcement agency. There should NEVER be an internal investigation. That's like my family doing the investigation if I were to be charged with a crime.

Put bad cops behind bars, and we'll see a huge difference in the way the public views cops. Cops, the bad ones, deserve what they get. Again, if cops want respect, then they should give respect. If they insist on acting like thugs, then treat them like thugs.

Maybe I will re-visit this when have keyboard/mouse/search/cut/paste.

By the crazed logic here we can go shoot every politician because a few may lie, cheat, steal and put people into the streets homeless.

This shooter was not involved in the stop? Just came up, bam!
What was the 92 year old woman doing when cops broke into her house ( the wrong house ) and murdered her? This was in Austell Georgia a few years back. What was the man doing when he was gunned down by a cop because the stairwell was dark in an apartment building in New York? He was coming home from grocery shopping, climbing the stairs, and was shot and killed. Research to see what the city of New York paid out in that law suit. There are citizens that are doing absolutely nothing wrong when gunned down by cops. What about the 6 year old that was gunned down while sitting in a car when cops opened fire on the car? Over a hundred rounds were fired into the car.

Look, it's sad when any innocent person dies at the hands of another, whether it's a cop or John Q. Public. But, saying that the cop was doing nothing wrong when gunned down, is the same as saying the innocent citizens gunned down by cops weren't doing anything wrong. For every cop killed by John Q. Public, cops kill 100 innocent citizens. That includes babies, women, children, teens, disabled, elderly, the mentally challenged, and the unarmed.

Cops are being targeted because our corrupt judicial system wont punish cops.

I have several friends who are black, including one who is a former Deputy Sheriff. We talked about this issue at length. I spoke, and listened. I did not dismiss their observations or feelings out of hand because I'd seen much of it.

Let's start as a young man. You get searched by the police whenever they feel like it. Hey, if more blacks didn't commit crimes, we wouldn't have to do this. You get a car, and work hard on the car to get it running right, and looking nice. You get pulled over while the cops search for drugs in your car. Sometimes they plant the drugs because the cop just knows you are dealing, and while you don't have any now, why waste the time and effort to try and catch you later? You get a good job, and a skill. One friend is a Master Mechanic, rated as such. You have worked hard and buy a new car, which of course is maintained lovingly by your own hands.

You get married, have children, and during your entire life you've never been able to do anything about the harassment that you endure. All you can tell your own children is that they can't fight back, they have to meekly submit when you know its wrong. Then you see your children have children. Now your grandchildren are going through the same god damned thing you've been putting up with for fifty, or sixty years. Imagine the fury, the rage. Imagine the feeling of helplessness as you tell your grandchildren that they are powerless before this abuse. They have to meekly submit when a cop decides that a black man in a shiny car is a drug dealer.

Another friend of mine bought a Mercedes Coupe from 1993. It was in terrible shape. He spent a year working on this car. Engine, transmission, bodywork, interior. That's how he spent his nights and weekends. Forking over cash he'd earned running heavy equipment fifty hours or more every week. When he finished he had that car shining like a new penny. The AMG engine just purred. I won't say it was like new, because I remember those cars from 92, and you couldn't get one with an AMG engine, and they didn't look that nice on the showroom.

But my friend had worked his ass off doing this. He now refers to it as his biggest mistake ever. Because he got pulled over by police at least once a week. This is a man who has spent more than twenty years becoming one of the best heavy equipment operators out there, earning that money with sweat and effort. Imagine how you would feel getting pulled over once a week or so and asked if you have any drugs in the car. Imagine the rage you would feel knowing that you could do nothing but be polite and respectful or risk a beating, death for resisting, or having drugs planted in the car. To say my friend got paranoid would be understating it. He mounted video cameras in the car, pointing forward, and back, recording always.

Sure people are angry. They've been harassed for generations, and why wouldn't they be angry? If I had to put up with it for a month I'd be vibrating in outraged fury. I'd probably stroke out literally from the frustration, but all they can do is watch it happen to family, friends, or people who look just like them and endure it.

They followed the American Dream. They worked hard, played by the rules, and the only reason they're not in jail is because the cop didn't plant the evidence to get them locked up. Imagine what you would feel. Imagine how you would react. If you think you would be angry, then you finally understand the rage bubbling beneath the surface and why BLM was fired up. Because to people like that, people who have endured harassment their whole lives. The cops aren't there to help, protect, or anything noble like that. They are the oppressors, constantly working to keep the black man down.

If ten cops get killed over the next week. I won't celebrate, but I won't rage impotently on the internet that they were assassinated or anything like that. One side has been at war for decades. The war on drugs that allow cops to search cars even without your permission. The war on crime that has police frisking people who are randomly stopped. Civil Forfeiture that has the police seizing your property even when you haven't done anything wrong and making you prove you aren't a criminal to get it back.

Now, imagine you're that aforementioned black man who has grown up with this harassment. You don't know the law, but you know it apparently doesn't apply to you. You know that lawyers work for white people. You haven't made the connection that it is the quality and therefore the cost of the lawyer that matters. Legal assistance in some storefront outreach isn't going to be able to do squat for you. You need high priced help, and you can't afford it, or think you can't. Especially when what it cost you to get your property back is going to be twice, or three times what the property cost. You walk away and tell your friends that the cops stole the shit under some bullshit civil forfeiture shit and the lawyer can't do shit.

How angry would you be if you heard that from a friend, or relative? How furious would you be with stories like that coming at you every single day. The Department of Justice investigates your cities cops, and what do you know they find that the cops have been breaking the law regularly. A pattern of misconduct. Violations of civil rights. And nothing changes. You get pulled over anyway as the cops are checking for drugs.

Now, if you have been able to empathize with these friends of mine at all, you see a fraction of the rage that people in the cities proper endure. I'm not saying they are right, but they have a point. Now nobody of the cops are awesome camp is ever going to admit it. Or they will talk about the cops protecting us. They aren't protecting us. There have been supreme court cases where the cops argued successfully that they have no constitutional duty to protect anyone. I've said and I honestly mean I don't want to see anyone die. I really don't.

I have several friends who are black, including one who is a former Deputy Sheriff. We talked about this issue at length. I spoke, and listened. I did not dismiss their observations or feelings out of hand because I'd seen much of it.

Let's start as a young man. You get searched by the police whenever they feel like it. Hey, if more blacks didn't commit crimes, we wouldn't have to do this. You get a car, and work hard on the car to get it running right, and looking nice. You get pulled over while the cops search for drugs in your car. Sometimes they plant the drugs because the cop just knows you are dealing, and while you don't have any now, why waste the time and effort to try and catch you later? You get a good job, and a skill. One friend is a Master Mechanic, rated as such. You have worked hard and buy a new car, which of course is maintained lovingly by your own hands.

You get married, have children, and during your entire life you've never been able to do anything about the harassment that you endure. All you can tell your own children is that they can't fight back, they have to meekly submit when you know its wrong. Then you see your children have children. Now your grandchildren are going through the same god damned thing you've been putting up with for fifty, or sixty years. Imagine the fury, the rage. Imagine the feeling of helplessness as you tell your grandchildren that they are powerless before this abuse. They have to meekly submit when a cop decides that a black man in a shiny car is a drug dealer.

Another friend of mine bought a Mercedes Coupe from 1993. It was in terrible shape. He spent a year working on this car. Engine, transmission, bodywork, interior. That's how he spent his nights and weekends. Forking over cash he'd earned running heavy equipment fifty hours or more every week. When he finished he had that car shining like a new penny. The AMG engine just purred. I won't say it was like new, because I remember those cars from 92, and you couldn't get one with an AMG engine, and they didn't look that nice on the showroom.

But my friend had worked his ass off doing this. He now refers to it as his biggest mistake ever. Because he got pulled over by police at least once a week. This is a man who has spent more than twenty years becoming one of the best heavy equipment operators out there, earning that money with sweat and effort. Imagine how you would feel getting pulled over once a week or so and asked if you have any drugs in the car. Imagine the rage you would feel knowing that you could do nothing but be polite and respectful or risk a beating, death for resisting, or having drugs planted in the car. To say my friend got paranoid would be understating it. He mounted video cameras in the car, pointing forward, and back, recording always.

Sure people are angry. They've been harassed for generations, and why wouldn't they be angry? If I had to put up with it for a month I'd be vibrating in outraged fury. I'd probably stroke out literally from the frustration, but all they can do is watch it happen to family, friends, or people who look just like them and endure it.

They followed the American Dream. They worked hard, played by the rules, and the only reason they're not in jail is because the cop didn't plant the evidence to get them locked up. Imagine what you would feel. Imagine how you would react. If you think you would be angry, then you finally understand the rage bubbling beneath the surface and why BLM was fired up. Because to people like that, people who have endured harassment their whole lives. The cops aren't there to help, protect, or anything noble like that. They are the oppressors, constantly working to keep the black man down.

If ten cops get killed over the next week. I won't celebrate, but I won't rage impotently on the internet that they were assassinated or anything like that. One side has been at war for decades. The war on drugs that allow cops to search cars even without your permission. The war on crime that has police frisking people who are randomly stopped. Civil Forfeiture that has the police seizing your property even when you haven't done anything wrong and making you prove you aren't a criminal to get it back.

Now, imagine you're that aforementioned black man who has grown up with this harassment. You don't know the law, but you know it apparently doesn't apply to you. You know that lawyers work for white people. You haven't made the connection that it is the quality and therefore the cost of the lawyer that matters. Legal assistance in some storefront outreach isn't going to be able to do squat for you. You need high priced help, and you can't afford it, or think you can't. Especially when what it cost you to get your property back is going to be twice, or three times what the property cost. You walk away and tell your friends that the cops stole the shit under some bullshit civil forfeiture shit and the lawyer can't do shit.

How angry would you be if you heard that from a friend, or relative? How furious would you be with stories like that coming at you every single day. The Department of Justice investigates your cities cops, and what do you know they find that the cops have been breaking the law regularly. A pattern of misconduct. Violations of civil rights. And nothing changes. You get pulled over anyway as the cops are checking for drugs.

Now, if you have been able to empathize with these friends of mine at all, you see a fraction of the rage that people in the cities proper endure. I'm not saying they are right, but they have a point. Now nobody of the cops are awesome camp is ever going to admit it. Or they will talk about the cops protecting us. They aren't protecting us. There have been supreme court cases where the cops argued successfully that they have no constitutional duty to protect anyone. I've said and I honestly mean I don't want to see anyone die. I really don't.
The highlighted elements of the above paragraphs point to the root cause of the existing conflict between Blacks and the police, which is the counterproductive War on Drugs.

Government subsidies favor police agencies that show active anti-drug activity and cops believe the odds favor finding drugs on blacks, so anyone who watches the tv ride-along series COPS will see that about 80% of all police activity involves searching cars and drivers for drugs.

The problem is not racism. It is the drug war. Repeal this new Prohibition and the problem will end.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back