29% of Americans say religion ‘out of date’

I am Agnostic. My feet loosely planted in the Agnostic grove. I say "loosely" because a stiff wind could send me into the Atheist grove. There is no wind strong enough to blow me back into the grove of the faithful, but I respect their beliefs and wish them well. But there is one thing I have never understood...

Why in the fuck do so many non-believers feel the need to piss all over the beliefs of those who find strength and comfort in religion?

Perhaps it's because those who immerse themselves in lies tend to consider truth to be repellent.

29% of Americans say religion ‘out of date’ | Raw Story

Only 78% of Americans now identify as Christian, while 22% describe their religious preference as either "other" or "none."

acceptance of fairy tales is starting to fade more and more each day

The Bible hasn't been updated in 2000 years. Its like God lost interest. Hasn't been a decent miracle in 2000 years either. No ressurections, no parting of seas......but thankfully. no great floods either

Only 78% of Americans now identify as Christian, while 22% describe their religious preference as either "other" or "none."

29% huh??

About the number of hard-core Liberals on record.

This is nothing new. I thought it would be 30%. Maybe the number that think this way is slowly going down.
Don't be silly. I've known (politically) conservative atheists and liberal Christians.

One thing I really miss about my ex-hospital is the Chaplain service.

Our Chaplain was fantastic and never overstepped his bounds. Although he was a devout Baptist, he was sensitive to the spiritual needs of all the patients he encountered, regardless of their beliefs. I called on him often and he never once refused to help or act as though it was an imposition on him.

He would come at all hours of the day or night. And it wasn't always for religious reasons, either. One night he spent almost 6 hours counseling an 18 year old girl who's mom had died unexpectedly without any arrangements... the girl was her next-of-kin and there was no one else available; she was simply overwhelmed, unable to make any decisions regarding her mom's disposition. He stayed with her, helping her work through the process, finally finding an aunt out of state to assist this girl. He wasn't there as a chaplain for her, but as someone to help her through the most horrible time in her young life.

Once I had a patient who was actively dying, and I knew she was going to go that night. I called our Chaplain for assistance; the patient and her family were Buddhists, and he came in in the middle of the night and helped them through the rituals of their faith. He told me later that he'd never had the chance to assist a person of that belief, and thanked me for calling him in and giving him the opportunity to experience that; I was so impressed.

He made it clear he was there for everyone. Patients and staff...

Every day, he would come to each of us and ask if there were any patients or family members in need. And he always followed through.

I often worried about him "burning out", but he had such a sense of calm and peace about him. Truly amazing man. I miss working with him. It wasn't until I left there and worked in other hospitals that I came to realize just how unusual he and his service were.

Spirituality, no matter how it's expressed, is a basic human need. I get rather aggravated at those who belittle others, whether it's those of a particular religion mocking others' faith or atheists mocking those of any faith. I believe what I believe; I'm certainly not going to presume to tell someone else their religious beliefs are "wrong" or they will suffer eternal consequences if they do not choose to believe as I do.

Last edited:
You're an asshole then.
at least having an asshole means I can go out, unlike you, have you found shoes to match your colostomy bag yet slit?
Your shit, piss, and corruption collects between your your ears and spews out from there.
puke ass bitch . Got it?
Fuck you, you spleeny rump fed dissembling lilly livered bugger-hugger, if you had a pair of balls they would hang out of your nostrils like dewberries, got it Titnah:lol:

Last edited:

The Bible hasn't been updated in 2000 years. Its like God lost interest. Hasn't been a decent miracle in 2000 years either. No ressurections, no parting of seas......but thankfully. no great floods either

Not true, we have the Book Of Mormon now that tells the story of the people that came to the Ancient America's. While it does not UPDATE anything, it provides further evidence of Gods work and that of Jesus.

I know, I know. The 29% are waiting for Jesus to return to make Christianity 'current'. Once that happens, all the non-believing heretics like yourself will be thrown in HELL for all of ETERNITY!

Jesus. A mythical figure from a primitive Middle Eastern desert people who didn't even speak English. Wore long hair, a beard, sandals and dirty wizards robes. Supposedly believed that a good slave would work at being a "good" slave.

If such a being ever showed up in America, not a single religious leader in this country would give him the time of day. Believe it.
Funny. There's more archeological evidence to prove Jesus' life than that of say Julius Caesar.

Crock.

I know, I know. The 29% are waiting for Jesus to return to make Christianity 'current'. Once that happens, all the non-believing heretics like yourself will be thrown in HELL for all of ETERNITY!

My dog is bigger than your dog!

The reason some say that religion has become "outdated" is because man has moved away from the way the Bible states we should be living our lives. The Bible and it's principals hasn't changed. Man has. We live in a society that wants everything right now and always seem to want to take the easy path. We also tend to want to blame all of our shortcomings on somebody else and not take personal responsibility for the actions we take. We can't blame our failures on the Bible. We need to blame our failures on ourselves.

Religious movements are started by spiritual idealist. Organized religions are maintained by political realists. Cardinals, mullahs, rabbis, etc are too often politicians and not religious leaders.

I believe in God but not in any organized religion, yet if others want to belong to one, that is their choice. As one poster said, you don't have to belong to a religion to have a spiritual belief and life.

Raised a Catholic and six years studying for the priesthood-Then as I re-evaluated my beliefs, I couldn't accept what they talked instead of walked. The priests who I admired didn't have a burning desire to become bishops or cardinals. The ones who did, seemed to have missed some of the teachings of Christ.

I thought it was because religion is a right load of implausible old bollocks.

Merry Christmas Bel:eusa_angel:
thank you Mudders, I hope you had a very merry solstice, clic on pic $padeswood 083.jpg

Man's Government is the enemy. In the final battle it will be Satan and his man made Governments against Jesus and his Angels. Guess who wins?

Or it could be Budha, Allah, or Fred. You believe in Jesus, some of US don't.

Jesus preached against the religious hypocrisy of the Pharisees, but did he preach against government per se?

29% huh??

This is nothing new. I thought it would be 30%. Maybe the number that think this way is slowly going down.
Well there is a resurgence in the "Religious Left". You know the ones. They are the ones that have to twist scripture into knots to justify aborting babies and shoving Jesus into the corner at every turn or trying to make it seem he's an environmentalist.

Those guys. That's why it's not a larger percentage. They've found their camoflage to their real religion of liberalism.

29% huh??

Well there is a resurgence in the "Religious Left". You know the ones. They are the ones that have to twist scripture into knots to justify aborting babies and shoving Jesus into the corner at every turn as to not offend 'other true religions', marrying homosexuals and thinking it's scriptural, or trying to make it seem he's an environmentalist.

Those guys. That's why it's not a larger percentage. They've found their camouflage to their real religion of liberalism.

Last edited:
Man's Government is the enemy. In the final battle it will be Satan and his man made Governments against Jesus and his Angels. Guess who wins?

Or it could be Budha, Allah, or Fred. You believe in Jesus, some of US don't.

Jesus preached against the religious hypocrisy of the Pharisees, but did he preach against government per se?

No....he believed in a massive wasteful government that helps old folks and retarded children.:eusa_angel:

...and blacks.

Forum List

Back