29% of Americans say religion ‘out of date’

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by blu, Dec 26, 2009.

  1. blu
    Offline

    blu Senior Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    Messages:
    6,836
    Thanks Received:
    774
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Ratings:
    +780
    29% of Americans say religion ‘out of date’ | Raw Story

    acceptance of fairy tales is starting to fade more and more each day
     
  2. Meister
    Offline

    Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    25,979
    Thanks Received:
    8,114
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Location:
    Conservative part of the Northwest
    Ratings:
    +8,154
    blu, your projecting again. You make it so easy sometimes. :lol:
    Your source is an anti religious site that used the Gallup poll. But this is from the same Gallup site.
    This Christmas, 78% of Americans Identify as Christian



    The fact that fewer Americans say they have a religious identity does not necessarily mean there has been a decrease in overall religiosity in America. It is possible that some proportion of those who don't identify with a specific religion are still personally or spiritually religious.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. RetiredGySgt
    Online

    RetiredGySgt Diamond Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Messages:
    41,370
    Thanks Received:
    6,434
    Trophy Points:
    1,840
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +11,266
    Last I checked 29 percent from 100 leaves 71 percent that do NOT believe the fact. Further your own numbers show that while some may feel religion is out of date they do NOT feel religion is wrong or bad.
     
  4. rdean
    Online

    rdean Guest

    Ratings:
    +0
    That's because religion gets unbelievably good press in this country.

    There just isn't that much reporting on the "Christian War on Science". Or the connection between such things as Rick Warren and his protege in Uganda. Or even the "Family" and their extreme right wing views.

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkb9_zB2Pg[/ame]

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-y2QghS2gU[/ame]

    Ha ma shika marata suka mish et to twana!
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  5. xsited1
    Offline

    xsited1 Agent P

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    17,750
    Thanks Received:
    5,291
    Trophy Points:
    198
    Location:
    Little Rock, AR
    Ratings:
    +5,303
    I know, I know. The 29% are waiting for Jesus to return to make Christianity 'current'. Once that happens, all the non-believing heretics like yourself will be thrown in HELL for all of ETERNITY!
     
  6. hjmick
    Offline

    hjmick Gold Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2007
    Messages:
    17,190
    Thanks Received:
    4,900
    Trophy Points:
    290
    Location:
    Charleston, SC
    Ratings:
    +8,240
    I am Agnostic. My feet loosely planted in the Agnostic grove. I say "loosely" because a stiff wind could send me into the Atheist grove. There is no wind strong enough to blow me back into the grove of the faithful, but I respect their beliefs and wish them well. But there is one thing I have never understood...

    Why in the fuck do so many non-believers feel the need to piss all over the beliefs of those who find strength and comfort in religion?
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  7. rdean
    Online

    rdean Guest

    Ratings:
    +0
    Jesus. A mythical figure from a primitive Middle Eastern desert people who didn't even speak English. Wore long hair, a beard, sandals and dirty wizards robes. Supposedly believed that a good slave would work at being a "good" slave.

    If such a being ever showed up in America, not a single religious leader in this country would give him the time of day. Believe it.
     
  8. Meister
    Offline

    Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    25,979
    Thanks Received:
    8,114
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Location:
    Conservative part of the Northwest
    Ratings:
    +8,154
    Geeez, that was really pathetic. :eusa_whistle:
     
  9. xsited1
    Offline

    xsited1 Agent P

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2008
    Messages:
    17,750
    Thanks Received:
    5,291
    Trophy Points:
    198
    Location:
    Little Rock, AR
    Ratings:
    +5,303
    I see you've been reading your Bible again. Good for you!!!! America will most likely be destroyed when Jesus returns.
     
  10. Xenophon
    Offline

    Xenophon Gone and forgotten

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2008
    Messages:
    16,705
    Thanks Received:
    3,743
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    In your head
    Ratings:
    +3,748
    Hating religion appears itself to be a religion.
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Share This Page