29% of Americans say religion ‘out of date’

29% of Americans say religion ‘out of date’ | Raw Story

Only 78% of Americans now identify as Christian, while 22% describe their religious preference as either "other" or "none."

acceptance of fairy tales is starting to fade more and more each day

blu, your projecting again. You make it so easy sometimes. :lol:
Your source is an anti religious site that used the Gallup poll. But this is from the same Gallup site.
This Christmas, 78% of Americans Identify as Christian

The fact that fewer Americans say they have a religious identity does not necessarily mean there has been a decrease in overall religiosity in America. It is possible that some proportion of those who don't identify with a specific religion are still personally or spiritually religious.

Only 78% of Americans now identify as Christian, while 22% describe their religious preference as either "other" or "none."

Last I checked 29 percent from 100 leaves 71 percent that do NOT believe the fact. Further your own numbers show that while some may feel religion is out of date they do NOT feel religion is wrong or bad.

Last I checked 29 percent from 100 leaves 71 percent that do NOT believe the fact. Further your own numbers show that while some may feel religion is out of date they do NOT feel religion is wrong or bad.

That's because religion gets unbelievably good press in this country.

There just isn't that much reporting on the "Christian War on Science". Or the connection between such things as Rick Warren and his protege in Uganda. Or even the "Family" and their extreme right wing views.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkb9_zB2Pg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-y2QghS2gU[/ame]

Ha ma shika marata suka mish et to twana!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Agnostic. My feet loosely planted in the Agnostic grove. I say "loosely" because a stiff wind could send me into the Atheist grove. There is no wind strong enough to blow me back into the grove of the faithful, but I respect their beliefs and wish them well. But there is one thing I have never understood...

Why in the fuck do so many non-believers feel the need to piss all over the beliefs of those who find strength and comfort in religion?

Last edited:

I know, I know. The 29% are waiting for Jesus to return to make Christianity 'current'. Once that happens, all the non-believing heretics like yourself will be thrown in HELL for all of ETERNITY!

Jesus. A mythical figure from a primitive Middle Eastern desert people who didn't even speak English. Wore long hair, a beard, sandals and dirty wizards robes. Supposedly believed that a good slave would work at being a "good" slave.

If such a being ever showed up in America, not a single religious leader in this country would give him the time of day. Believe it.

I know, I know. The 29% are waiting for Jesus to return to make Christianity 'current'. Once that happens, all the non-believing heretics like yourself will be thrown in HELL for all of ETERNITY!

Jesus. A mythical figure from a primitive Middle Eastern desert people who didn't even speak English. Wore long hair, a beard, sandals and dirty wizards robes. Supposedly believed that a good slave would work at being a "good" slave.

If such a being ever showed up in America, not a single religious leader in this country would give him the time of day. Believe it.

Geeez, that was really pathetic. :eusa_whistle:

I see you've been reading your Bible again. Good for you!!!! America will most likely be destroyed when Jesus returns.

My faith in God doesn't require anyone else to believe.

Believe or don't, your choice...welcome to America...the land of religious freedom.

I see you've been reading your Bible again. Good for you!!!! America will most likely be destroyed when Jesus returns.

If Republicans get another shot at the Presidency, they might destroy it before Jesus gets his chance.

Funny that people would follow a "gawd" that they hope will "destroy" the country they live in. No wonder sane people are anti religion.

Funny. There's more archeological evidence to prove Jesus' life than that of say Julius Caesar.

I sometimes wonder if being an Atheist makes people happy. They spend so much time talking about "the truth" and not believing in fairytales. How's that working for ya?

I sometimes wonder if being an Atheist makes people happy. They spend so much time talking about "the truth" and not believing in fairytales. How's that working for ya?
I've yet to meet a single Atheist who's comforted by the fact that this is it and even if their whole world turns to shit, they're relieved to know that THIS is IT and all that ever will be.

I know *I* feel more comforted believing that. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back