28 Days Later

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
I think I've posted on here before about this, but I just watched it again last night, and I found it still to be a haunting and thoroughly disturbing movie. For those who don't know, it begins with a group of PETA-like animal rights activists freeing monkeys infected with a virus referred to as "rage". They are killed, then turn on each other, becoming animalistically agressive. The screen cuts to black, we see the title "28 Days Later..." and meet Jim, a courier who was hospitalized and comatose throughout the past month. He quickly learns he is one of the few living people left in England, maybe in the planet. The movie is very creepy and the use of digital video gives it an immediate and documentary type feel. The climax is simultaneously one of the most exhilerating and discomforting sequences I've seen in a movie and contains one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever seen. Even though I knew it was coming, I still had to turn my head, and that's saying a lot for a gorehound like me. While it's not exactly uplifting or family friendly, this is a truly great horror movie.

I think I will have to watch this one. The Ring has been playing again on HBO or one of those channels again! hit the ending of that one lastnight - the TV deal is the freaky part.

Yeah, I might need to rewatch that one. Everyone I know says how scary it was, maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

I just watched this movie this weekend Dan. I agree with you, I loved this movie. It's not one of those "jump out and scare you" (there are a few scenes that do make you jump), but it was one of the scarier one's I've seen.

Disturbing is the only word I can think of to describe it.

I'll be buying this one on DVD.

Yeah, the "jump out of your seat" type scares don't really affect me much, mainly because I've seen so many scary movies, I usually know when they're coming. This is the kind of movie that scares me, though, more of a disturbing, psychological thing. That final sequence still creeps me out (the one in the mansion, with the eyes:eek: ).

it begins with a group of PETA-like animal rights activists freeing monkeys infected with a virus referred to as "rage"
could see those butt-holes doing this too. always have to stick their noses in someplace

Forum List

Back