27 sons ,what does it means?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by howtoknow, Dec 26, 2005.

1. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    You were the first to reduce "no1toVOTEfor" to a mere rubble of thought,,,
    "WTF?", hahhaha,

so you are more than welcome!

2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    :funnyface

(now you are the second.)

3. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Story of my life, SECOND, hmp!

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    It is unlikely they will be able to outbreed us as these customs have been going on for centuries and they still haven't reached that point. Such customs usually mean the poorer people simply don't have as many chances to get married as the rich as they still have about as many daughters as sons and equal population. If the growth is unsustainable, many will suffer and die from starvation.

Your translation software is pretty good, but the sentence structure is what points to usage of some software.

Welcome to the board and enjoy.

5. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +302
    It always has been. Their religious custom is to have multiple wives (if they can afford it that is; I believe your average working man will only have one or none at all), and to not use any form of birth control.

They are rich with oil and so can buy food from other countries. Eventually they will run out of oil and there will be problems, but until then the richest amongst them can afford to have very large families and keep them all fed.

6. Nienna

Nienna VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I believe that the very poor and the very rich commonly have four wives. The rich can obviously afford this, and the poor need the helping hands, and aren't as worried about lifestyle; they have little luxury anyway. The middle class generally have one wife. They do white-collar type jobs, so the extra hands just translate into extra mouths. They are not rich enough to support very large families in the style to which they are accustomed.

At least, from what I have read about Saudi Arabia.

7. howtoknow

howtoknow Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you everyone, this is a interesting forum.
    I don’t know how many forums like this one there are in the internet world, one day I dig out it by google.

I guess “WTF” is “where this (come) from”, ?
    Oh, no1tovote4, I see, you don’t like bush or Kerry, or any other one.
    some names are interesting here.

I study English many years, but I can’t speak and listen, with help of software I can read and type some, but slowly.

I think if a man has so many children, he can’t love them like a father, the children cant have a father like other children, so they become cool blood and cannot understand the feeling of losing life of a family.

If a poor man needs many helping hand, I think it is possible, because many heavy homework if poor, there should be a law to restrict number of children, too many kids, smaller love of father, not fair for children, ignore children is a crime as well.

Too many same genes are not good for evolution of human being.

But you are on another pole. For example, bill gates (Microsoft boss), has only one daughter, what he lacks? Why not at least two children, his daughter should feel lonely some days maybe, no sisters, no brothers.
    It is not good as well.

8. Nienna

Nienna VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    That's one way of putting it.

Having 27 children would make it hard to have a close relationship with each one. But I disagree that there should be a law to prevent this. In America, many of us are very opposed to government intrusion in such a personal issue. Each individual should take personal responsibility for his/her childbearing choices. Also, many of us believe that each individual life is worthwhile. A person with a poor childhood may still grow up to be a wonderful contributor to society.

Having the same genes replicated is not necessarily the problem. Only when other genetic information is lost from the gene pool do we see problems. As long as those 27 people do not marry close relatives, there won't be a problem.

I have to agree with you there. I almost died giving birth to my first child, but it was never a question for us to have only one child. Either by birth or adoption, we were determined to have siblings for our kids. My husband and I each come from families of four children. Four children seems normal to us. And it is a blessing to have so many people to care about.

9. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +396
    We have one terrific child. It offends us when people say things like kids have to have siblings, or it's no good. Why is it no good? Our daughter is a straight A student, an All-State trumpet player, has a good heart, has lots of friends and cousins, and seems to enjoy her life very much. I am also not a a happy camper when people say, "You only have one?" as though we had a disease.

I could quote stats showing that only children tend to excel in higher numbers, but I won't for now.

10. howtoknow

howtoknow Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ---In America, many of us are very opposed to government intrusion in such a personal issue.

Is it a personal issue absolutely?
    Two children treated well and ten children ignored, which probability bigger of a body bomber?

---We have one terrific child. It offends us when people say things like kids have to have siblings, or it's no good. Why is it no good?

If there is a fighting between the families, the family with ten children will win. :happy2:

---Having the same genes replicated is not necessarily the problem. Only when other genetic information is lost from the gene pool do we see problems. As long as those 27 people do not marry close relatives, there won't be a problem.
    If ten children every generations, after five generations (about a century) 10*10*10*10*10=