26 year old children

Twenty six year OLD CHILDREN dependent on mummy and daada. fucking absurb.

So what happens Willow? Kid turns 18, "okay, get out"? :eusa_eh:

Presumably, this wouldn't be a complete surprise: Throughout High School the goal is to produce a productive citizen at the end of a 4 year program that usually ends when the kid is 18, however, in some states (e.g. Texas) the maximum age may be as old as 21.

The same provision is in the Republican repeal-and-replace bill. This is a bipartisan concept.

Have to agree. My son is 26 and still lives with me, I would never kick him out. We can not afford to insure him though. I just have to pay for important stuff when it happens.

He has some problems and really can not work right now. We are working on that though.

in some countries its considered tradition to stone a woman who is accused of committing adultery.

it would be a sad day when the average education takes someone to 25 or older.

Do you consider it backwards for kids to live with their parents until they're married? Or for kids to take care of their parents when they're elderly? I don't see how you can equate taking care of your parent in their twilight years and stoning a woman who committed adultery.

I'm not sure why you would consider it sad for average education to take until 25. I think it would be frustrating, but getting a Masters or MBA or whatever you need isn't necessarily a bad thing.

i was taking issue with the "in some countries" part. not necessarily what followed.

i think it is actually harmful to society that we have pushed this idea that "everyone needs/is entitled to" a college education. and that's just a bachelors.

just think back to your high school. was everyone college material?

i think it's a myth that you need a college education to get ahead. all that means is you have more people trying to get in to college, driving up costs for everyone else.

i work at a restaurant. 1/2 the servers have college degrees.

most of the education you get in your life takes place outside of a classroom. i don't think you'd disagree would you?

do we need a percentage of our society to go to school til 28 to become doctors and scientists and engineers? yes, and more power to them.

i was taking issue with the "in some countries" part. not necessarily what followed.

i think it is actually harmful to society that we have pushed this idea that "everyone needs/is entitled to" a college education. and that's just a bachelors.

i think it's a myth that you need a college education to get ahead. all that means is you have more people trying to get in to college, driving up costs for everyone else.

most of the education you get in your life takes place outside of a classroom. i don't think you'd disagree would you?

do we need a percentage of our society to go to school til 28 to become doctors and scientists and engineers? yes, and more power to them.

It's not so much that everyone should get a college degree but these days you need to as employers expect more from employees. This includes qualifications such as more education. What might of been the standards ten years ago are different now because of the influx of people getting things like associate's and bachelor's degrees.

It's not so much that everyone should get a college degree but these days you need to as employers expect more from employees. This includes qualifications such as more education. What might of been the standards ten years ago are different now because of the influx of people getting things like associate's and bachelor's degrees.

that's part of the problem. i have a bachelors in accounting. when i went to work for a big five accounting firm, they basically told me, forget what you learned, we're going to teach you how to do things our way.

i have an associates in culinary arts. when i got a job as a cook, i learned i spent 40k and i didn't know shit.

how many people do you know got a masters because they either couldn't get a job right out of school or didn't know what the hell they wanted to do.

what all this means of course is the insurance rates are going up for all of us so we can pay for these children to sit on their azzes in the basement. Next thing ya know the age will be 32, then 40,

Willow, your statement makes no sense. How will you be paying for a 24 to 26 year old's health insurance when it's his/her parents who are paying the bill? Not to mention, by having these young adults actually insured rather than going without insurance, it should actually reduce rates for everyone else.

in some countries its considered tradition to stone a woman who is accused of committing adultery.

Do you consider it backwards for kids to live with their parents until they're married? Or for kids to take care of their parents when they're elderly? I don't see how you can equate taking care of your parent in their twilight years and stoning a woman who committed adultery.

I'm not sure why you would consider it sad for average education to take until 25. I think it would be frustrating, but getting a Masters or MBA or whatever you need isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This is subject matter for a completely separate thread. Without a doubt, we have way too many kids going to college who will never gain any benefit from the education they receive. At the same time, there currently are no good alternatives. It would be great to see tech type schools set up to give young adults specific training for jobs that don't really require a four year degree. The truth is that most kids graduating with a bachelors degree still need substantial training once they enter the workforce. If that training were provided while they were in school, this would be highly valued by many employers.

love the title of the thread, 26 yr old children. Classic
Love the old school from the Count.
This generation of Parents has spoiled kids too the point of calling them children at 26. Don't get me wrong, I spoiled the shit out my kids too. Both of mine turned down free tuition at a state school to go wrestle 1,000 miles away. I did tell them that Dad was not going to be an ATM to the tune of $100,000 in tuition when they are passing on a fine free degree. An average 4 year degree will net the student 2.5 million more in a career, so I fail to see any burden on a kid having student loans. As parents we've gone from children are to be seen not heard in our grandparents days to now parents thinking it's a mortal obligation to pay ever last red cent of education and other expenses till they graduate. That's a choice, not always the best one for the kids future. I talked to my kids about learning investing since they were 14. Now in thier early 20's I get a kick out of text from them asking me about particular stocks. Feed them fish tell they graduate and they are content, teach them to fish and they can provide for themselves.
Peace, Rastafari stands alone.

what all this means of course is the insurance rates are going up for all of us so we can pay for these children to sit on their azzes in the basement. Next thing ya know the age will be 32, then 40,

Willow, your statement makes no sense. How will you be paying for a 24 to 26 year old's health insurance when it's his/her parents who are paying the bill? Not to mention, by having these young adults actually insured rather than going without insurance, it should actually reduce rates for everyone else.

wanna place a bet on the rates going down? Please do.

I'm not being partisan greenbeard and I was hoping you'd respond. You are very knowledgeable about this bill. I have govt HC and I know my children will be covered as long as I am employed. However I am getting increasingly frustrated with insurers and doctors who refuse to speak to me because my son is over 18 (yes he has waived HIPAA but they all seem to lose the forms). How soon can parents kick their kids off? They can't be emancipated for college loans, what about HC? I still don't get it.

The new bill only gives parents the opportunity to keep dependents on their health care plans until age 26. They aren't forced to. Also, the dependent doesn't need to actually live with the parents in order to qualify. So you're free to kick him out, Chanel. :lol:

I was 32 when I went to graduate school evenings to study accounting principles and advanced economics. My son has 3 degrees, the last one some special engineering degree that he didn't get until he was in his 30's.

Ha ha. I don't think anyone expects costs to go down. Certainly not in the first few years. I'm just wondering how many 20 somethings would prefer the folks to help with rent if need be over paying their HC. Given a choice, I imagine they'd rather have a place to sleep. Mandatory shelter til 26 coming soon?

I am not insane Jillian and Modbert has a point. We have agreed to pay for our children's education - as long as it takes. However, they cannot qualify for govt assistance because of OUR income. Will they be able to qualify for govt insurance - despite their parents' plan? That should not be a difficult question. Modbert says his school has insurance. Will this be different under Obamacare?

I'd first try to get the answer from whichever local office administers your current plan. There are also all sorts of FAQ pages where you can do research on your own. However, don't confuse "your" existing plan with "government insurance." The latter won't exist at all. Insurance will continue to be provided by private insurers, but for people who want to lower their premiums and/or increase coverage, they have the option of checking out insurers who will become part of insurance pools. If you're happy with your existing plan, you can keep it.

MOST GROWNups get off mom's teat after their basic four years. If they desire a Master's they use their brains and yes,, suffer a little bit and earn it.. that is if they aren't 26 year old children that is.

Who says they aren't? All this is that they're on their parents plan. It assumes nothing else.

Also, nobody is forcing these parents to keep their kids on their plan.

26 year old kids.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: If you aren't going to be an adult til age 27 then we should perhaps raise the voting age.

Kids staying home or returning home is hardly a new phenomena. It has steadily increased since 2005. There are a ton of articles on the subject; I randomly chose just one.

Making It Work When College Grads Move Back Home - The Early Show - CBS News
A recent Pew Research survey found that almost one-in-five grown children (aged 18-34) now lives with his or her parents. And of those grown children, about a-third say they used to live independently elsewhere before returning home.

26 year old kids.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: If you aren't going to be an adult til age 27 then we should perhaps raise the voting age.

I'm not getting your point. You're always going to be someone's kid. I could be 30 but I'll still be someone's son. I don't see where you're going with this.

my mumma and daddda is dead, who's gonna pay my way??

My guess is you already know all the angles to have the gubmit pay all your bills, feed and house you, plus keep you alive. Shit. Now if you'd only take advantage of some of their free education grants.

This is subject matter for a completely separate thread. Without a doubt, we have way too many kids going to college who will never gain any benefit from the education they receive. At the same time, there currently are no good alternatives. It would be great to see tech type schools set up to give young adults specific training for jobs that don't really require a four year degree. The truth is that most kids graduating with a bachelors degree still need substantial training once they enter the workforce. If that training were provided while they were in school, this would be highly valued by many employers.

Trade and tech schools are making a return (at least in my state), and community colleges are way underrated by students who think they've got to have a degree from a primo college or university when an associates degree from a community college will provide the same basic education a lot cheaper.

love the title of the thread, 26 yr old children. Classic
Love the old school from the Count.
This generation of Parents has spoiled kids too the point of calling them children at 26. Don't get me wrong, I spoiled the shit out my kids too. Both of mine turned down free tuition at a state school to go wrestle 1,000 miles away. I did tell them that Dad was not going to be an ATM to the tune of $100,000 in tuition when they are passing on a fine free degree. An average 4 year degree will net the student 2.5 million more in a career, so I fail to see any burden on a kid having student loans. As parents we've gone from children are to be seen not heard in our grandparents days to now parents thinking it's a mortal obligation to pay ever last red cent of education and other expenses till they graduate. That's a choice, not always the best one for the kids future. I talked to my kids about learning investing since they were 14. Now in thier early 20's I get a kick out of text from them asking me about particular stocks. Feed them fish tell they graduate and they are content, teach them to fish and they can provide for themselves.
Peace, Rastafari stands alone.

My brother could be the posterboy for the classic Baby Boomer spoiling his children by giving them everything they want. They graduated high school, lolled around for about a year, took "learning expeditions" to places like Europe and the Galapagos, started college, dropped out of college, lolled around at home some more, returned to college, finally got degrees, thought they were God's gift to the business world, quit those jobs, lolled around some more, and on and on. All on my brother's dime, including paying their rent, buying cars, paying off their debt, you name it.

Now his daughter won't speak to her father (my brother) because he finally cut her off after her third DUI and wrecked the third brand new car he'd bought her. His son finally gave up trying to be a whiz kid in the civilian world, joined the Army and they accomplished what his dad never could, apparently. Matthew has been chosen to be a member of the Honor Guard. He's a completely different person.

There's nothing like discipline, whether its parental or the military, when it comes to raising children.

I'd be carefull about telling people an associates degree is anywhere near a 4 yr degree. I know it's not in business. Top fortune 500 companies woudn't even interview someone with a Jr College degree.

I'm not being partisan greenbeard and I was hoping you'd respond. You are very knowledgeable about this bill. I have govt HC and I know my children will be covered as long as I am employed. However I am getting increasingly frustrated with insurers and doctors who refuse to speak to me because my son is over 18 (yes he has waived HIPAA but they all seem to lose the forms). How soon can parents kick their kids off? They can't be emancipated for college loans, what about HC? I still don't get it.

I'm fairly certain that you can just stop paying for his insurance, if that's what you're asking.

If not, I apologize for misunderstanding.

Forum List

Back