$26-a-gallon vs $3.60-a-gallon Guess which one the Navy Picked

You do realize that this is being forced on the Navy by the Obama Admin, in the person of Navy Sec'y Ray Mabus, an Obama appointee? Just another bullshit green initiative, by people who couldn't care less about our taxpayer money.

The military also chooses to rent thousand dollar a week screwdrivers and to order "drip pans" costing over 10k a pop.

The abuse and full on rape going on by the military industrial complex is out of control, but the GOP wants to keep happily feeding it.

The Navy does have an avid interest in a strategic source of fuel that does not include getting it from the people we regularly bomb.

Where do they get the money from to pay for this? Someone must think this is ok.

The Navy does have an avid interest in a strategic source of fuel that does not include getting it from the people we regularly bomb.

One might think that if that was the case they would be pushing for domestic oil exploration and drilling. This is a perfect example as why the military's budget must be cut.

YES we are aware of fraud, Waste, and abuse in the government...

OK we are aware that there is fraud, Waste, and abuse in the government.
Now let's do something about it!!

The military should not be sacred from cuts. No way, no how.

Don't tell that to the GOP, they think there needs to be even more military spending.

discretionary_spending_fy2011.png

One might think that if that was the case they would be pushing for domestic oil exploration and drilling. This is a perfect example as why the military's budget must be cut.

Because they see a future where there may not be enough fossil fuel to operate effectively? I am all for military energy research, it has traditionally yielded positive results.

I have mixed feelings about this...

On the one hand, $3.60 seems too reasonable not to pay it in these hard economic times...

On the other hand, while $26.00 a gallon is obviously exorbitant, it seems to me that, over time, this price will go down. I think that, as production of such fuels grows, the prices will drop. At least I would hope so...

And, as mentioned previously, it makes sense strategically.

On the one hand, $3.60 seems too reasonable not to pay it in these hard economic times...

On the other hand, while $26.00 a gallon is obviously exorbitant, it seems to me that, over time, this price will go down. I think that, as production of such fuels grows, the prices will drop. At least I would hope so...

Yes it does, I am sure that the USS Cole attack in Yemen had a somewhat sobering effect, if the military ever had to rely on just the domestic supply it would be a disaster that would devastate the Navy and Air Force and have us all on bicycles.

Last edited:
Sorry the Pentagon has had Carte blanche on spending for a long time.
Spending 5 times the going rate for fuels in a recession is not responsible by any one's standards.
If they are serious about the fuels than they should have to choose what other program gets cut.

Yes it does, I am sure that the USS Cole attack in Yemen had a somewhat sobering effect, if the military ever had to rely on just the domestic supply it would be a disaster that would devastate the Navy and Air Force and have us all on bicycles.

I'll admit, good points. But I'm not sure they're $26/gal good.

Forum List

Back