250 Tax Cheats Busted

I'm smiling right now. Know why? The liberals on this site are kicking your conservative asses.

You can suggest I'm insane, but are all of them too? They're just a little more tolerant of your stupid ass. :lol:
LOL no one is kicking my ass, moron
LOL
you only think it is because you dont know that i'm laughing my ass off at all of you fools

And how come this story isn't front page news? Plus, I take back the 250 tax cheats thing. Now it is 52,000 accounts.

No wonder we are going bankrupt!

You republicans are god damn fools!!! Nobles need not pay taxes!!! Fucking retards.

Battle over UBS secret accounts is before US court
By CURT ANDERSON – 3 hours ago

MIAMI (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service should quickly gain access to the secret accounts of 52,000 wealthy Americans at Swiss bank UBS AG to stop continuing tax evasion, U.S. lawyers told a federal judge.

"The United States does not believe justice is served by delay," said Justice Department tax attorney Stuart Gibson in court papers filed Friday. "Delay serves the cause of those U.S. taxpayers who continue to hide behind the actions" of the bank.

U.S. District Judge Alan S. Gold scheduled a hearing Monday to begin sorting through the IRS lawsuit. UBS claims that turning over the account names — possibly in a matter of weeks — would violate Swiss privacy law and jeopardize the bank's license to stay in business. UBS wants Gold to slow down the process.

"Such violations would expose these (UBS) employees to substantial prison terms, as well as fines, penalties and other sanctions," the UBS lawyers said in a Friday court filing. "There is simply no reason to have, nor equity in having, such an expedited process here."

The IRS last week asked Gold to enforce so-called "John Doe summonses" seeking information about the 52,000 accounts that hold an estimated $14.8 billion in assets. The lawsuit was accompanied by dozens of internal UBS e-mails, memos and other material that the IRS contends shows a systematic, long-term scheme by bank employees to help wealthy Americans evade U.S. income taxes.

The lawsuit followed by one day an agreement in which the Justice Department would defer criminal prosecution of UBS in exchange for the identities of up to 300 U.S. customers and payment by the bank of $780 million. That deal did not cover the much broader list of 52,000 names now sought by the IRS, but both sides knew the U.S. would ask for them.

UBS "knew this day was coming, and it knew this day would come sooner, rather than later," Gibson said.

Another Miami federal judge in July 2008 approved the summonses seeking the account information, but UBS never complied. The new lawsuit asks Gold to enforce that earlier ruling, first by issuing an order requiring UBS to "show cause" why it has not done so.

Federal prosecutors in Miami previously charged a senior UBS executive, Raoul Weill, with conspiring to defraud the U.S. by helping American customers conceal some $20 billion from the IRS. Weill is a fugitive living in Switzerland, but his New York-based attorney has said he is innocent.

A former UBS banker, Bradley Birkenfeld, pleaded guilty last year in Fort Lauderdale to similar fraud conspiracy charges and has been cooperating extensively with U.S. investigators. Birkenfeld has not yet been sentenced.
again, why dont you find out who all those accounts belong to before you start accusing anyone
ok
chances are at least half of those people are DEMOCRATS
if not more

so, i continue to laugh at the moron bobo

yeah it's ok if you cheat a little, I get it.

Isn't that also your argument for hiring your illegal immigrant gardner and maid?

No wonder the treasury is empty. You will defend the mega rich till your dying breath.

Leona Helmsley admitted that the rich don't pay taxes.

Do you and I cheat a little? Let me ask you this. Is there any way to cheat on the salary you get from your employer? If you are like most of us, the answer is no. So if any of us cheat "a little", you dumb shit, then it is a fraction of the taxes we pay. So we still pay 99% of our taxes.

Do you understand that these people and corporations are not paying any taxes? Or not enough taxes? Trust me, you and I pay too much, but these rich people are bullshitting you.

If they have $10 million and make 5% interest, that's $500K, correct? They aren't paying any taxes on the $500k? What a bunch of greedy pricks.

Because you go work for 40 hours a week to make peanuts and that money gets taxed to shit???

Makes no sense. I say tax their wealth before you tax our labor.

you're delusional. I never defended anyone hiring illegals.
bobo the moron forgets that it was CONSERVATIVES that have wanted illegals deported and the people hiring them put in jail

yeah it's ok if you cheat a little, I get it.

Isn't that also your argument for hiring your illegal immigrant gardner and maid?

No wonder the treasury is empty. You will defend the mega rich till your dying breath.

Do you and I cheat a little? Let me ask you this. Is there any way to cheat on the salary you get from your employer? If you are like most of us, the answer is no. So if any of us cheat "a little", you dumb shit, then it is a fraction of the taxes we pay. So we still pay 99% of our taxes.

Do you understand that these people and corporations are not paying any taxes? Or not enough taxes? Trust me, you and I pay too much, but these rich people are bullshitting you.

If they have $10 million and make 5% interest, that's $500K, correct? They aren't paying any taxes on the $500k? What a bunch of greedy pricks.

Because you go work for 40 hours a week to make peanuts and that money gets taxed to shit???

No, you justify 53,000 of the richest Americans cheating our government out of $100 billion dollars because maybe I won $1000 in poker last week and didn't claim it.

Mark my words. This story about UBS will just disappear one day and you'll hear nothing more of it, because the rich people really own your country and you are nothing more than a house slave who continues to vote for your master.

Now are the Dems perfect? No. But the GOP are truly the enemy.

And that can change. But it won't if idiots like you don't ever insist that the GOP start practicing what they preach.

They talk a good game but never deliver.

Or they just scare you about what Liberals will do to this country. Meanwhile, take a look around you doofis. The country is already in shambles.

Or do you want to go back to arguing that the fundamentals of our economy are strong?

Because that's what the GOP did until they could no longer continue on with that lie. Eventually they have to stop kissing the bases ass and start catering to the independents. Unfortunately for the GOP, and fortunately for America, they waited until September of last year to admit that the Fundamentals of the economy were not strong.

So either they were lying or just dumb as fuck. :eusa_shhh:

No, you justify 53,000 of the richest Americans cheating our government out of $100 billion dollars because maybe I won $1000 in poker last week and didn't claim it.

Mark my words. This story about UBS will just disappear one day and you'll hear nothing more of it, because the rich people really own your country and you are nothing more than a house slave who continues to vote for your master.

And that can change. But it won't if idiots like you don't ever insist that the GOP start practicing what they preach.

Or they just scare you about what Liberals will do to this country. Meanwhile, take a look around you doofis. The country is already in shambles.

Or do you want to go back to arguing that the fundamentals of our economy are strong?

Because that's what the GOP did until they could no longer continue on with that lie. Eventually they have to stop kissing the bases ass and start catering to the independents. Unfortunately for the GOP, and fortunately for America, they waited until September of last year to admit that the Fundamentals of the economy were not strong.

once again, I haven't justified anyone's illegal behavior. Contact your doctor and ask if Thorazine is right for you.

bobo the moron is the only dumb fuck on this thread

no where did he excuse ANY illegal behavior
and if you won $1000 and dont report it as income, then YOU are breaking the law

Forum List

Back