250 billiion to keep our foreign bases open?

business controls things, as long as they benefit there will be no knife pulled.

who wanted this global economy thng anyway?
Certain businesses are starting to realize that China is not just a a source of cheap labor, but a competitor. We're shipping jobs to China, and China is using that income to make itself self-sufficient while strip-mining Africa bare.

business controls things, as long as they benefit there will be no knife pulled.

Certain businesses are starting to realize that China is not just a a source of cheap labor, but a competitor. We're shipping jobs to China, and China is using that income to make itself self-sufficient while strip-mining Africa bare.

Strip mining Africa bare?

Damn.:(

I may need to cancel the safari.:confused:

At least according to October's National Geographic.

At least according to October's National Geographic.

:talktothehand::talktothehand::talktothehand:

Don't get me started on those bastards. I wish they'd get out of the far left liberal bull-shit business, and stick to geography.

The last issue included a story about migrations, specifically, Pronghorn Antelope migration, and included a picture of a drilling rig with a caption accusing the drillers of impeding the migratory habits of fucking antelope! ARE THEY FUCKING CRAZY!! HAVE THEY EVER BEEN AROUND AN ANTELOPE? THEY GO AROUND, OR THROUGH ENTIRE TOWNS, CITIES, FOR CHRISTSAKES!!!!:evil:

Don't get me started on those bastards. I wish they'd get out of the far left liberal bull-shit business, and stick to geography.

The last issue included a story about migrations, specifically, Pronghorn Antelope migration, and included a picture of a drilling rig with a caption accusing the drillers of impeding the migratory habits of fucking antelope! ARE THEY FUCKING CRAZY!! HAVE THEY EVER BEEN AROUND AN ANTELOPE? THEY GO AROUND, OR THROUGH ENTIRE TOWNS, CITIES, FOR CHRISTSAKES!!!!:evil:
Didn't mean to touch a nerve...

...but I love the pretty pictures!

Didn't mean to touch a nerve...

...but I love the pretty pictures!

I liked the recent issues' article about escavating the Aztec Temple in Mexico City.

You know is takes a great civilization to conjure up a Goddess that eats its children while they're being born.

Figuring in Multiplier and Velocity those bases reduce US GDP by about 1-4 trillion per year while increasing the annual GDP of Germany, Japan and S Korea by about the same amount. Good thing we're undertaxed and overemployed.

Figuring in Multiplier and Velocity those bases reduce US GDP by about 1-4 trillion per year while increasing the annual GDP of Germany, Japan and S Korea by about the same amount. Good thing we're undertaxed and overemployed.

I agree. another multiplier was our 360K troops manning the iron curtain and the welfare states that built up behind us...we did protect a sphere of influence and trade, but in the end, they are in trouble too, because it gave them a buffer they didn't realize was smoke and air.

Britain will shortly be without its last aircraft carrier till they take delivery in 2020. think on that while. unreal. her new force structure would make maintaining its 10k men in Iraq a challenge.

Germany is further reducing its armed forces from 252,000 to 163,500.....they could maybe field approx. 30,000 combat ready ground troops if push came to shove.

Try Poland which has a much bigger and better equipped army.

Italy flies Eurofighter and soon F-35 as a consortium-partner, plus Italy has a real Navy, which Poland has not.
This is a very potent battleship, which soon will enter Italian Navy:
FREMM multipurpose frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Italy is one of the most under-rated countries, but, they produce every kind of military stuff from Satellites to Battle Tanks.
Same with Scientific output in European Rankings, Italy is just behind France in scientific output.

Whole Italian Army is better equipped then Polish Army.
Italy is an exporter of 'security', whilst Poland is primarily a receiver of 'security' within the Alliance structure of NATO.

Last edited:
Try Poland which has a much bigger and better equipped army.

Italy flies Eurofighter and soon F-35 as a consortium-partner, plus Italy has a real Navy, which Poland has not.
This is a very potent battleship, which soon will enter Italian Navy:
FREMM multipurpose frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Italy is one of the most under-rated countries, but, they produce every kind of military stuff from Satellites to Battle Tanks.
Same with Scientific output in European Rankings, Italy is just behind France in scientific output.

Whole Italian Army is better equipped then Polish Army.
Italy is an exporter of 'security', whilst Poland is primarily a receiver of 'security' within the Alliance structure of NATO.
True but Poland borders Germany but Italy doesn't.

If tomorrow war breaks out involving NATO, Italy would be one of the shoulders carrying a significant weight of that war, and everyone would be happy to have Italy as an ally, which is able to project hard-power.

I don't mean the tiny stone-age war against Afghanistan or Iraq, which had nothing to do with NATO at all.

True but Poland borders Germany but Italy doesn't.

Exactly, and my post was not meant as an attack against you.
I read so far about 40 posts from you, and I liked what I read. :eusa_angel:
My bad sorry,

A) I already mentioned

B) Germany's army is not only small but it has been undertrained and underdisciplined for quite a while. Their best commando force is a police unit.

As one US General said about the Kennedy Goldwater bill that instituted a German style general staff "Who cares how the Germans fight, they haven't won a war in living memory." As an ex-squid I find the US Army consensus about German military prowess almost as confusing as its addiction to special ops and airborne. Their own staff studies show that mission specific training is of greater importance than special ops training and that airborne used as airborne is militarily ineffective except as a screen for good infantry. The problem is that modern heavy weapons do not work well getting into planes much less dropped out of them and light infantry accounts for something like 1% of all kills with artillery and planes accounting for 90% of kills and 9% by crewed served weapons. Airborne has little in the way of crew served weapons such as tanks, IFVs and heavy mortars/machine guns. But the army loves airborne and doing things the German way.

My bad sorry,

A) I already mentioned

B) Germany's army is not only small but it has been undertrained and underdisciplined for quite a while. Their best commando force is a police unit.

As one US General said about the Kennedy Goldwater bill that instituted a German style general staff "Who cares how the Germans fight, they haven't won a war in living memory." As an ex-squid I find the US Army consensus about German military prowess almost as confusing as its addiction to special ops and airborne. Their own staff studies show that mission specific training is of greater importance than special ops training and that airborne used as airborne is militarily ineffective except as a screen for good infantry. The problem is that modern heavy weapons do not work well getting into planes much less dropped out of them and light infantry accounts for something like 1% of all kills with artillery and planes accounting for 90% of kills and 9% by crewed served weapons. Airborne has little in the way of crew served weapons such as tanks, IFVs and heavy mortars/machine guns. But the army loves airborne and doing things the German way.

Maybe the GSG-9?
Their headquarters was in Calw, about 30 KM from where I grew up.
About the German Soldier's discipline and tactics absorbed by US Army, I've no information.

Forum List

Back