U.S. Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
About $59 billion is spent on traditional social welfare programs. $92 billion is spent on corporate subsidies. So, the government spent 50% more on corporate welfare than it did on food stamps and housing assistance in 2006.
Before we look at the details, a heartfelt plea from the Save the CEO’s Charitable Trust

Think by Numbers » Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs

Thanks for the excellent link. :clap2:

No, you don't mind shaking me (not a millionaire) down to make yourself feel good.

Hypocrite douche.

:lol: I'm sure you don't mind shaking me down so you can drive on nice roads .
I pay fuel taxes on every gallon of fuel I purchase, to pay for those roads.

You really aren't too sharp there, are you, Gomer?

What's that got to do with you shaking me down for taxes you use? There are other taxes that go into roads but wan't the point.

No, you don't mind shaking me (not a millionaire) down to make yourself feel good.

Hypocrite douche.

Fedeal gas tax increasingly unable to pay for transportation needs

So, that's only 45-50% of the cost. What, you get section 8 funding for the rest?

What's that got to do with you shaking me down for taxes you use? There are other taxes that go into roads but wan't the point.
It has to do with you being too stupid to know the difference between excise taxes to pay for specific legitimate gubmint expenditures, and taxes on the productive to pay the moocher to mooch.

The real hell of is is that you don't give a shit.

So, that's only 45-50% of the cost. What, you get section 8 funding for the rest?
Right....Because a very significant portion of fuel taxes (ostensibly collected to fund roads and bridges) are being used to fund idiotic money losing urban mass transit scams.

If you had any sense, you'd be outraged.

It has to do with you being too stupid to know the difference between excise taxes to pay for specific legitimate gubmint expenditures, and taxes on the productive to pay the moocher to mooch.

The real hell of is is that you don't give a shit.

legitimate? I do think of social welfare as legitimate as do most rational "productive" people. After all... how can a stockbroker be productive if he trips and breaks his leg on a homeless child on his way to Wall Street?

Right....Because a very significant portion of fuel taxes (ostensibly collected to fund roads and bridges) are being used to fund idiotic money losing urban mass transit scams.

If you had any sense, you'd be outraged.

I'm outraged about waste, but many see mass transit as vital to America.

Forum List

Back