246,000 New Jobs Drop Rate to 7.7%

It within 400 points, so you're actually the one who's wrong attempting to paint this as some distant economic high point. Thanks for proving my point.
No, yet another argument nobody made you're just trying to spin things to hide your foolishness.

You clearly posed a question based on an assumption that current record dija as a correlation to economy indicates we are currently in the best economy ever. That is utterly stupid because you were thinking in nominal terms, inflation adjusted we haven't beaten 2007 or 2000.

That certainly doesn't prove your point, it just proves you think puddle deep.

We are withing 400 points of the inflation adjusted 15,633? Did you graduate high school?

Last edited:
No, they only benefit if they cash out and take the gain. Otherwise, its just a paper gain.
This isn't true, a gain in value is a gain and an asset is an asset regardless of liquidity and one certainly benefits before they cash out. My future gains are influenced by previous gains via compounding, that benefit to me regardless of whether I'm cashing out to spend the money today.

Stock prices are not interest, they don't compound. A gain only is realized if you cash it in. That is the truth and your spin is simply false.

Stock prices are not interest, they don't compound. A gain only is realized if you cash it in. That is the truth and your spin is simply false.
A stock market mutual fund has a NAV price that compounds gains based on previous gains in the stock market.

If the S&P 500 will gain 20% in 2013 would you rather have had your S&P500 index fund starting the year with a 100k balance or a 200k balance? If you answer 200k then you understand why you benefit from gains before you cash out.

A stock market mutual fund has a NAV price that compounds gains based on previous gains in the stock market.

If the S&P 500 will gain 20% in 2013 would you rather have had your S&P500 index fund starting the year with a 100k balance or a 200k balance? If you answer 200k then you understand why you benefit from gains before you cash out.

Strawman.

NAVs are not compounding, they are net asset values. Which are current values based on individual stock prices within the fund minus management and adminstrative fees. Those current values have nothing to do with compounding. I was a broker you dumbass.

Forum List

Back