24 more days!

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
In just 24 more days I will be on vacation. It's going to be pretty sweet. Going to my old stomping gounds of Williamsburg, VA for a couple of days, then visit with a good friend in Grafton, Va for a day and then down to Nags Head, NC for a week. Going out deep sea fishing one of those days and will be doing some pier fishing on some of the other days. Then on to Rocky Mount, NC to visit with some family for a couple of days, then on to Wake Forest, NC to visit with my daughter and her family for a couple of days and then slowly make my way back home to the barn. This is going to be "sweet" - especially if the fish are biting real well and the beer is cold!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Good 4U, enjoy a safe vacation, it sounds like your schedule is going to keep you hopping. The anticipation is almost as good as the actual vacation.

ooooooooo you will be a few hours away at wake.....are you coming to the nc mountains?

When we start heading back towards home, we will be on I-40. Love that drive through the mountains. I always stop and pick up one of those big rocks (the biggest I can lift) along side of the road in the mountains and bring it home to put in the flower bed. That way, I always have a little bit on NC here with me in Yankee Land. I plan on eating tons of fresh seafood and bunches of that good Carolina-style chopped pork bar-b-que. Parker's, in Rocky Mount sells it already frozen in quart containers and I will most likely get several of those and toss in the cooler to bring home. I also plan on eating my weight in hush puppies. There will be plenty of beer but I also will be consuming lots and lots of iced tea. I would never say this to the Mrs. but her iced tea sucks when compared to good old NC sweet iced tea.

Forum List

Back