23% of Republicans Say they Won't Vote for Gingrich

Yeah, this is "sorry" from a group that cries for evangelical morality and family values. I wonder how the LDS or other rightist religious groupings feel about it. Mormons have a natural desire to support Romney, I am sure, but . . . I have never been so disappointed in the far right as right now, and they have been disappointing many for a long time. Every time they reach a new level, you think that's it. Then the lower bar again.

he'll probably cry himself to sleep knowing he's lost the angry retard vote.

:lol:

No, I'll just work very hard to make sure he loses the General.

Romney will lose. Bank on it.

And I'll be laughing when he does.
Obama appreciates your support.

Who's fault is that. As far as I'm concerned, this issue was settled four years ago when Romney came in third place behind McCain and Huckabee. Now he's losing to Santorum and Gingrich.

He was a sucky candidate four years ago, he's a sucky candidate now. So why are so many people willing to get on that horse again?

From The National Review, hardly a beacon of liberal journalism.

Gingrich has been a nationally known figure for a long time: when the economy was booming and when it has been in a slump; when Republicans were on top and when the public disliked them; when the national mood was sunny and when it was sour. Amid all the tumult of the last 18 years there has been this constant: Gingrich has never been popular. Polls have never shown more than 43 percent of the public viewing him favorably at any point in his career. Gingrich backers say that he is inspiring. What he mostly seems to inspire is opposition.

It should go without saying that Gingrich also offers more material than the other candidates for Democrats to drive his numbers in the wrong direction. Any Republican nominee will draw criticism for being too biased toward the rich. Not every Republican nominee will be attacked for cruelty in his personal life.

Hour of Newt - The Editors - National Review Online

It's a good article throughout.

No, I'll just work very hard to make sure he loses the General.

Romney will lose. Bank on it.

And I'll be laughing when he does.

Who's fault is that. As far as I'm concerned, this issue was settled four years ago when Romney came in third place behind McCain and Huckabee. Now he's losing to Santorum and Gingrich.

He was a sucky candidate four years ago, he's a sucky candidate now. So why are so many people willing to get on that horse again?

Bigoted extremist fucks like you are making sure Obama gets reelected. David Axelrod has a hard on for people like you.

From The National Review, hardly a beacon of liberal journalism.

Gingrich has been a nationally known figure for a long time: when the economy was booming and when it has been in a slump; when Republicans were on top and when the public disliked them; when the national mood was sunny and when it was sour. Amid all the tumult of the last 18 years there has been this constant: Gingrich has never been popular. Polls have never shown more than 43 percent of the public viewing him favorably at any point in his career. Gingrich backers say that he is inspiring. What he mostly seems to inspire is opposition.

It should go without saying that Gingrich also offers more material than the other candidates for Democrats to drive his numbers in the wrong direction. Any Republican nominee will draw criticism for being too biased toward the rich. Not every Republican nominee will be attacked for cruelty in his personal life.

Hour of Newt - The Editors - National Review Online

It's a good article throughout.

NRO is the GOP establishment. The guys who got us into this mess... You want to go the way of the Whigs, keep following these fools.

Meanwhile, Romney's negatives keep shooting up.

Mitt and Newt: Equally Unpopular? - Ricochet.com

In a survey conducted January 18-22, the Washington Post found that Gingrich's favorable-to-unfavorable rating among all voters is 29-to-51 percent. Romney's is 31-to-49 percent.

Among independents, Romney has a 23-to-51 favorable-to-unfavorable rating. Gingrich's is 23-to-53.

Among Republicans, Romney has a 58-to-32 favorable-to-unfavorable rating. Gingrich's is 55-to-34 percent.

Among Democrats, Romney has a 21-to-62 favorable-to-unfavorable rating. Gingrich's is 16-to-66.

How did this happen? Apparently, Romney's negative rating among blue collar whites has jumped 20 points in two weeks

And that's the key point. Blue Collar Republicans are realizing Mitt is not their friend.

He's the guy who lays you off. He's the guy who says, "I like to fire people".

Bigoted extremist fucks like you are making sure Obama gets reelected. David Axelrod has a hard on for people like you.

:eusa_shhh: I think the right are having a mass delusion. Don't wake them. :lol:

Jokey, you're a Republican right? Can you explain to me why the party of 'family values' would prefer a candidate who doesn't know what 'family values' means over one who actually is an example of 'family values'?

Are Republicans stupid? Or just hypocrites?

Republicans, like Dems or Libertarians or Conservatives or Moon Worshippers or Whatever, are susceptible to substituting personal belief for responsibility to critically think.

In the case of the far right Christian evangelicals (or some Opus Dei type of Catholics, for that matter, whom I have know) are hypocritical in choosing a verbally abusive (check out his speech) candidate and significantly flawed individual as their candidate. If Judas came back and said "I am sorry and repent", and they thought he could win, many of them would line up for him.

The issue is that this group wants to win so badly that they have checked their wits and their morality at the cloakroom. They are the political equivalent of the Westboro Baptists.

The thing with this whole 'sorry' business is that one is expected to actually mean it and to do better. That's Gingrich's issue - he says 'sorry' like kids do.... to mean 'I'm sorry I got caught' and continue the same bad behavior. I fail to see why the hordes on the right are falling for this bullshit. Really, I just don't get it. Stupidity seems to be contagious in your party.

He admitted to his affairs, and the last known was what? 13 yrs ago? Since then he says he has turned to God, asked for forgiveness, and has changed. Who's to say he hasn't? Has there been any other accusations of him since then? I admit it's only his word that he has changed...but if God can forgive him, so can i. If you're a Christian, this is what God would expect of you.

This is what happened in 1932 and 1964: mass far right delusion.

Wow, ignorant of history, too? 1932 they had what they had, an incumbant president who just had the economy shot out from underneath him. I don't think anyone on the GOP side was thrilled with Hoover for a second term, just no one wanted to be the guy FDR trashed.

1964 was a different animal, because you work on the assumption that Nelson Rockefeller could have done any better.

In 1964, you had an excellent economy, we were at peace, we were at the height of our economic and political power, we were finally tackling civil rights issues. Unemployment was under 5%. We were on our way to the freakin' Moon, baby! And LBJ was running on the mantle of a Martyred President. Key point. When a President dies, his party almost NEVER loses the subsequent election. (The exception was 1844, when the Whigs were self-destructing in general.)

So essentially, nominating Rockerfeller would have had the same effect as nominating Goldwater.

I look at it this way, I'm the only one being steady. I was against Romney four years ago. I'm against him now. Now we are going to see all the liberals who were saying what a wonderful guy Romney was and how sensible he was compare him to the anti-Christ.

And we are going to see all the conservatives who were behind Perry/Newt/Huntsman/Bachmann/Cain/whoever all suddenly learn to Loooooove Mitt Romney.

Which to my mind is bullshit. Romney's support in the GOP is really only about 25%. Most Republicans really don't want him, but most of you will let yourselves be bullied into supporting him.

I refuse to do so. Sorry. The man has too many strikes against him in my mind, and all it really took for me was one - the bizarre ass evil cult he belongs to.

:eusa_shhh: I think the right are having a mass delusion. Don't wake them. :lol:

I think we are the only ones who are awake.

Get real... you all whine because I criticize his religion, but you know what, his Mormonism is really his only aspect I'm sure about.

I don't know if he's pro-choice or pro-life.

I dont know if he's for a health care mandate or against one.

I don't know if he's for gay marriage or against it.

I don't know if he's for an auto bailout or against one.

Because he's taken both sides of EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE ISSUES.

So, yeah, I guess I can say I agree with him 50% of the time.

But the one thing he believes I'm sure is wrong.

Joseph Smith was not talking to God.

Wow, ignorant of history, too? 1932 they had what they had, an incumbant president who just had the economy shot out from underneath him. I don't think anyone on the GOP side was thrilled with Hoover for a second term, just no one wanted to be the guy FDR trashed.

1964 was a different animal, because you work on the assumption that Nelson Rockefeller could have done any better.

In 1964, you had an excellent economy, we were at peace, we were at the height of our economic and political power, we were finally tackling civil rights issues. Unemployment was under 5%. We were on our way to the freakin' Moon, baby! And LBJ was running on the mantle of a Martyred President. Key point. When a President dies, his party almost NEVER loses the subsequent election. (The exception was 1844, when the Whigs were self-destructing in general.)

So essentially, nominating Rockerfeller would have had the same effect as nominating Goldwater.

You have no idea what you are talking about or you are deflecting, which is the case.

The far right thought Hoover and Goldwater would win big, despite all the signs.

So do you and the newtings.

You will give the election to Obama by 10% or more.

Republicans, like Dems or Libertarians or Conservatives or Moon Worshippers or Whatever, are susceptible to substituting personal belief for responsibility to critically think.

In the case of the far right Christian evangelicals (or some Opus Dei type of Catholics, for that matter, whom I have know) are hypocritical in choosing a verbally abusive (check out his speech) candidate and significantly flawed individual as their candidate. If Judas came back and said "I am sorry and repent", and they thought he could win, many of them would line up for him.

The issue is that this group wants to win so badly that they have checked their wits and their morality at the cloakroom. They are the political equivalent of the Westboro Baptists.

The thing with this whole 'sorry' business is that one is expected to actually mean it and to do better. That's Gingrich's issue - he says 'sorry' like kids do.... to mean 'I'm sorry I got caught' and continue the same bad behavior. I fail to see why the hordes on the right are falling for this bullshit. Really, I just don't get it. Stupidity seems to be contagious in your party.

He admitted to his affairs, and the last known was what? 13 yrs ago? Since then he says he has turned to God, asked for forgiveness, and has changed. Who's to say he hasn't? Has there been any other accusations of him since then? I admit it's only his word that he has changed...but if God can forgive him, so can i. If you're a Christian, this is what God would expect of you.

The state of his soul is not what qualifies him for being President.

He can be sorry all he wants. That doesn't make up for a lifetime of out of control behavior - out of control in more ways than just sexually. Well, being sorry might get him into heaven. But it doesn't qualify him for being president.

It's great that he has straightened up his personal life. But even if he hasn't cheated on his wife in the past 13 years, he still shows every sign of being dishonest.

Freddie Mac hired him because they needed a historian? What?

When he is on the defensive, he joins the OWS to start attacking Mitt Romney?

He was for a federal healthcare mandate from 1993 to 2009, and only got off that wagon when the Dems decided to have one?

No honor. Not true to his ideals. I see that you don't think his past sex life should keep him out of the presidency, but his current sex life doesn't qualify him for it. The reasons to question Newt are about so many other things than sex.

Last edited:
The thing about Newt Gingrich is he happens to be a great speaker and a very good debater, unfortunately we have already seen how well that worked for "President" in handling this economy.

The last known. That about sums it up.

Forgiveness is for God, not me. His personal crap is between him and God. Personally, I don't give a damn - it's not my business so he owes me no apology and there is nothing that warrants my forgiveness.

And... I'd appreciate it if you mind your own damned business about my relationship with God and don't tell me what He expects of me. Pisses me off when so called Christians speak on His behalf. I know God, and He knows me. Got nothing to do with you.

Newt is an amoral, lying, corrupt, DC insider.... and forgiveness or not... no one should be dumb enough to vote for that kind of person in the White House.

You have no idea what you are talking about or you are deflecting, which is the case.

The far right thought Hoover and Goldwater would win big, despite all the signs.

So do you and the newtings.

You will give the election to Obama by 10% or more.

Please, It may well lose them the Election, But Obama isn't beating anyone by no 10% bud. Nobody does that anymore. I doubt we will see anyone win with a 10% or more lead in the popular Vote in our Life times. Nation is to polarized for that.

Newt and the far right may drive the center and independents squarely into the Dems pockets on this one, Charles.

The center hates Newt. And 23% of GOP will not vote for him.

The thing about Newt Gingrich is he happens to be a great speaker and a very good debater, unfortunately we have already seen how well that worked for "President" in handling this economy.

:clap2:

I am confused cali, Normally I totally agree with you on stuff. I even Agree with you that Newt would likely lose the Election, but joking that he does not know better than Obama what the Economy needs?

For all his faults, The man deserve credit for being the only one in the room who has actually been involved in Balancing the Federal Budget, and Reducing Welfare rolls.

Clearly he, and any of the Candidates would put Obama to shame on handling the Economy, Not that, that is saying much at all.

Forum List

Back