23% of Army recruits fail initial exam

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
The sad state of the US educational system is being borne out by the failure of recruits into the Army to pass a basic test. And this is the easiest of the service tests! on top of this 75% of the 17-25 age group is not even eligible to take the test! It is no wonder that the Army is taking non-Americans and offering them citizenship for serving in the Amred forces.

APNewsBreak: Nearly 1 in 4 fails military exam - Yahoo! News

A must read atrticle!

40% of blacks fail, 30% of hispanics and 16% of whites fail.

What is scary is that as our forces become more tech the need for educated soldiers become greater. Are we going to be able to get enough quality recruits if the economy picks up and the best people elect to go to the private sector?

Last edited:
This is possibly another reason why the military brass and Washington have decided that "Do not ask" had to go. They need all the people they can get regardless of sexual orientation. It might not be far away where they will relax the women in combat roles!

Out of my 1 MEPS induction out of 103, 31 where failed because they skim the top. None of those where the AF, thank god, we couldn't spare to lose any, only 13 of us lol.

I admit, the education system in the US is poor, I hate my high school's program, your babied along.

Forum List

Back