$23 Billion for social security checks is a lot of money

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Yet when divided between the 54 million recipients it comes out to an average of $425.92, or $14. a day to live on. This is what the retards wanted to cut.:lol:

Don't forget that we all paid into SS all our lives. Its not new tax money that they need to come up with. I'd sooner see Medicare and Medicaid ended to get the freeloaders out of the system.

Don't forget that we all paid into SS all our lives. Its not new tax money that they need to come up with. I'd sooner see Medicare and Medicaid ended to get the freeloaders out of the system.

I am not sure how that would work K. Wouldn't that shift the burden to private emergency rooms & raise costs for insurance users? Maybe we should allow 1 office visit for non-emergency visits every quarter (3 mo.)

Germany uses a screening method to determine who should get regular care. Vets get all the care they want, with some exceptions, but I don't see them flocking to the clinics or hospitals everytime they stub their toe. I personally hate going there, even with prompt waiting times. The care is excellent, but I have better things to do with my time & find it boring and intrusive, and try to do it myself here at home.

Last edited:
Do away with medicare and medicaid and watch the medical industry collapse.

Are you suggesting it is the gov. subsidy given phsyicans & hospitals that would end and bring them down? ie. Welfare bennies subsidize stores.

Forum List

Back