$226K in student debt for a degree in speech pathology.

And you guessed it. She's a Bernie supporter.

“I only want to help people communicate effectively,” declares the indebted student.

Sanders has promised “free tuition” nationwide at post-secondary institutions, without specifying conditions relating to preferred pursuits. Under Sanders’s proposal, those wishing to become mechanical engineers, pediatricians, or electricians will be afforded the same taxpayers assistance as those studying Greek mythology, “social justice,” or “women’s studies.”

$226K In Debt. Supports Sanders. Wait 'Til You Hear What She Studied.

---------------------------
She can say "do you want fries with that?" fluently and with emphasis.
^Doesn't know what a speech pathologist is

In the private sector you can make way more than that even when just starting out. Many choose to work for schools and be criminally underpaid but I guess they value the benefits and security.

But to Conservatives, anyone going for higher education is wasting their money

But Bernie is right...we need to do something to make higher education more affordable

In the private sector you can make way more than that even when just starting out. Many choose to work for schools and be criminally underpaid but I guess they value the benefits and security.

But to Conservatives, anyone going for higher education is wasting their money

But Bernie is right...we need to do something to make higher education more affordable
Yes but Bernie's way is not the answer.

Median salary. So in 20 years she will be able to afford a 800 sq ft apartment in LA.

I guess if she wants to live in LA

Still a worthwhile profession and worth training people in
Only a big city would require a speech pathologist.

Really? My rural school district employs one.

Median salary. So in 20 years she will be able to afford a 800 sq ft apartment in LA.

Why do you say that?

Why do you say that?
What are the odds of finding a speech pathologist job in a town of 25,000? And if you did, the pay would be low.

Why do you say that?
What are the odds of finding a speech pathologist job in a town of 25,000? And if you did, the pay would be low.
Speech pathologists handle speech impediments in children, stroke victims, physical deformities

Seems the need would be there

Higher education has become a scam, but again, you can thank the government for it. They've fucked it up like they fuck everything else up.

Why do you say that?

The odds are good, and the pay would be good.

The woman in the OP went to Adelphi U for 4 years, at about 32 grand a year.

a private school that Bernie's plan wouldn't cover.

She got her masters at NY U, at about the same tuition,

another private school. There's your 200 grand.

If you don't believe me, look it up, like I did.

You say "you can make more than that".. you do understand there is a difference between can and will, correct? So a college or university, which she decided to go to and accepted an agreement to pay for, should be cheaper? Yeah let me head down to my car dealership and tell them they need to reimburse me for my car.. oh which I will be keeping by the way.

You say "you can make more than that".. you do understand there is a difference between can and will, correct? So a college or university, which she decided to go to and accepted an agreement to pay for, should be cheaper? Yeah let me head down to my car dealership and tell them they need to reimburse me for my car.. oh which I will be keeping by the way.
So what's your point? That education is stupid? Or that you don't know what a speech pathologist is?

Forum List

Back