221,000 posts

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
I know a lot was in the music and 'last post' threads but I'm still amazed that this board still continues to grow. I was thrilled when we reached 200 members and also when we reached 50,000 posts. I know it sounds corny but I feel a little bit of pride for making a success out of this hobby.

Thanks to all of you for help making this such an awesome place!

Thanks for creating a great place for us gather and discuss a variety of topics. I have enjoyed the USMB for well over a year and it is a wonderful messageboard.

:beer:

MtnBiker said:
Thanks for creating a great place for us gather and discuss a variety of topics. I have enjoyed the USMB for well over a year and it is a wonderful messageboard.

:beer:

I normally am quite modest about my contribution to this board. It cost me money and a bit of time to get it configured and running the way I liked. There was a great deal of time where I lived here and made many thousands of posts. That stuff was easy and would have been a fruitless effort had good members not arrived here.

The only thing I will claim to be good about that is rare among many other boards is my fairness with banned users, and my willingness to change the board at my members requests.

If anyone has any suggestions about additions/changes to the board, please ask here and I'll see what I can do. I'm more than willing to make changes for members and the board.

Jimmy seriously, great board! We need you back though fighting trolls like the old days.

I know what will get your fires burning again, invite Wonderwench back :teeth:

Jimnyc, thanks for having a hobby that we get to share in! :beer:

USMB is a great place, and it wouldn't exist without you jimmy. thanks again, and also to all the other users who contribute and make this a great place

Sir Evil said:
Well things have slowed a bit but we are approaching 2,500 members! hell of an accomplishment Jimbo from when the idea started!

Unfortunately, only 750 of them have one post or more.
299 with 25 or more
171 with 100 or more
82 with more than 500
56 with more than 1,000
36 with more than 2,000
8 over 5,000

Let's take a fake vote. Should I prune users who have never posted? I only ever left them to give the appearance of more members, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the totals.

jimnyc said:
299 with 25 or more
171 with 100 or more
82 with more than 500
56 with more than 1,000
36 with more than 2,000
8 over 5,000

Let's take a fake vote. Should I prune users who have never posted? I only ever left them to give the appearance of more members, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the totals.

How about post within 6 months or get pruned? Some of us post enough for the slackards! :dev3:

Kathianne said:
How about post within 6 months or get pruned? Some of us post enough for the slackards! :dev3:

I can deal with that. What about the current members though? Shall I delete those who have never posted?

jimnyc said:
I can deal with that. What about the current members though? Shall I delete those who have never posted?

I'd say prune them, too many to wade through. But heh, it's YOUR hobby! :p:

jimnyc said:
299 with 25 or more
171 with 100 or more
82 with more than 500
56 with more than 1,000
36 with more than 2,000
8 over 5,000

Yes Jimmy get rid of these people, I mean they can always reregister if they ever come back. The numbers will then be more of a true reflection of activity on the board.

Also for you, extend special return invitations to Wonderwench and Bamthin. :tng:

Damn I might have to dig up that thread you got into it with WW, THAT WAS A HELL OF A DAY!

jimnyc said:
Any member that hasn't logged in within the past 180 days have been removed.

Bummer, you have inadvertantly gotten rid of all the "sucks off goats" posters!

Let me see if I can come up with a proper response.

:dance:

jimnyc said:
We have 1,528 registered members who have never posted. How sad. :(
They could have at least stopped by to say "hello". I have met some lifelong friends here. And have received atlot of good advice and many chuckles. Only a few pissy moments. Jim, you did good.

Forum List

Back