22-year-old goes from Miss Va. to Miss America

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by froggy, Jan 31, 2010.

1. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Will it come out later that she was once married to her brother or something

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    That would be West Virginia

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,476
    She must be a great American...I am so proud

4. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Sometimes the spill over into Va.

5. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Yeah. Another "great" 'Murkin
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww]YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question[/ame]

6. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Ha ha. Not sure if she's into incest, but my guess is if she has made a sex tape, it will be known.....

These crazy kids. (and politicians)

7. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I understand Rush was part of it this year. What really off the wall question did he ask?

8. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,536
    [​IMG]

9. Contessa_Sharra

Contessa_Sharra Searcher for Accuracy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    1:09 pm
    January 31, 2010

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsuL80kPJvw"]YouTube - Raw Video: Miss Virginia Crowned Miss America[/ame]

By Frank James
    Is Miss America a sexist relic of a bygone era? A lot of people would answer yes to that. I'm agnostic on the issue.

But televised beauty pageants were arguably the ancestors of the now dominant "American Idol" type of TV programming.

And there are still no doubt millions of people who are "into" them, including many women who should be respected for being smart enough to know whether or not such pageants demean and marginalize them.

So it's worth noting that there's a new Miss America. Her name is Caressa Cameron (that given name would work for a new car model) and she was Miss Virginia before being elevated by the judges who included Rush Limbaugh. The contest was carried Saturday night on TLC, the cable channel.

She's African American, a fact that seems barely worth mentioning anymore since the pageant has crowned other Miss Americas of color since 1984 when Vanessa Williams became the first African American to win the contest.

The Washington Post's Reliable Source reports that Cameron is from Fredericksburg, Va but was something of a carpetbagger, moving around Virginia in order to find the right springboard to propel her to the Miss Virginia title.
    Cameron doesn't appear to have the strongest Beltway bona fides: She was crowned Miss Arlington last year -- but like so many pageant pros, her big win came only after jumping around from local pageant to local pageant (Springfield, Hanover County, Chesterfield County) in her four-year quest to win the state crown. LINK

________________________________________________​

And NPR and a lot of other outlets seem to be going out of their way to insult the young woman, "Her name is Caressa Cameron (that given name would work for a new car model)", "Cameron is from Fredericksburg, Va but was something of a carpetbagger," and one article supposedly about Ms. Cameron was really all about how her predecessor got engaged the night before this 2010 pageant. Noting that Rush Limbaugh was one of the judges man also have been intended as insult...

LIST OF 2010 JUDGES

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHEJmPTiSNg"]YouTube - Miss America 2010 Caressa Cameron Press Confer - Robin Leach Question[/ame]​

[​IMG]

Such a beautiful young woman, and she certainly did work to accomplish her goal!!!

10. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I'm still irritated by what happened to Williams. I stopped my subscription to omni because of that.

This girl is a cutie. she looks like she will be a good ambassador.