22-year-old goes from Miss Va. to Miss America

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Will it come out later that she was once married to her brother or something

She must be a great American...I am so proud

Yeah. Another "great" 'Murkin
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww]YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question[/ame]

That would be West Virginia

87042255v1_225x225_Front.jpg

1:09 pm
January 31, 2010

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsuL80kPJvw"]YouTube - Raw Video: Miss Virginia Crowned Miss America[/ame]

By Frank James
Is Miss America a sexist relic of a bygone era? A lot of people would answer yes to that. I'm agnostic on the issue.

But televised beauty pageants were arguably the ancestors of the now dominant "American Idol" type of TV programming.

And there are still no doubt millions of people who are "into" them, including many women who should be respected for being smart enough to know whether or not such pageants demean and marginalize them.

So it's worth noting that there's a new Miss America. Her name is Caressa Cameron (that given name would work for a new car model) and she was Miss Virginia before being elevated by the judges who included Rush Limbaugh. The contest was carried Saturday night on TLC, the cable channel.

She's African American, a fact that seems barely worth mentioning anymore since the pageant has crowned other Miss Americas of color since 1984 when Vanessa Williams became the first African American to win the contest.

The Washington Post's Reliable Source reports that Cameron is from Fredericksburg, Va but was something of a carpetbagger, moving around Virginia in order to find the right springboard to propel her to the Miss Virginia title.
Cameron doesn't appear to have the strongest Beltway bona fides: She was crowned Miss Arlington last year -- but like so many pageant pros, her big win came only after jumping around from local pageant to local pageant (Springfield, Hanover County, Chesterfield County) in her four-year quest to win the state crown. LINK

________________________________________________​

And NPR and a lot of other outlets seem to be going out of their way to insult the young woman, "Her name is Caressa Cameron (that given name would work for a new car model)", "Cameron is from Fredericksburg, Va but was something of a carpetbagger," and one article supposedly about Ms. Cameron was really all about how her predecessor got engaged the night before this 2010 pageant. Noting that Rush Limbaugh was one of the judges man also have been intended as insult...

LIST OF 2010 JUDGES

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHEJmPTiSNg"]YouTube - Miss America 2010 Caressa Cameron Press Confer - Robin Leach Question[/ame]​

Miss-Virginia.jpg

Such a beautiful young woman, and she certainly did work to accomplish her goal!!!

I'm still irritated by what happened to Williams. I stopped my subscription to omni because of that.

This girl is a cutie. she looks like she will be a good ambassador.

January 31, 2010

YouTube - Raw Video: Miss Virginia Crowned Miss America

By Frank James
Is Miss America a sexist relic of a bygone era? A lot of people would answer yes to that. I'm agnostic on the issue.

But televised beauty pageants were arguably the ancestors of the now dominant "American Idol" type of TV programming.

And there are still no doubt millions of people who are "into" them, including many women who should be respected for being smart enough to know whether or not such pageants demean and marginalize them.

So it's worth noting that there's a new Miss America. Her name is Caressa Cameron (that given name would work for a new car model) and she was Miss Virginia before being elevated by the judges who included Rush Limbaugh. The contest was carried Saturday night on TLC, the cable channel.

She's African American, a fact that seems barely worth mentioning anymore since the pageant has crowned other Miss Americas of color since 1984 when Vanessa Williams became the first African American to win the contest.

The Washington Post's Reliable Source reports that Cameron is from Fredericksburg, Va but was something of a carpetbagger, moving around Virginia in order to find the right springboard to propel her to the Miss Virginia title.
Cameron doesn't appear to have the strongest Beltway bona fides: She was crowned Miss Arlington last year -- but like so many pageant pros, her big win came only after jumping around from local pageant to local pageant (Springfield, Hanover County, Chesterfield County) in her four-year quest to win the state crown. LINK

And NPR and a lot of other outlets seem to be going out of their way to insult the young woman, "Her name is Caressa Cameron (that given name would work for a new car model)", "Cameron is from Fredericksburg, Va but was something of a carpetbagger," and one article supposedly about Ms. Cameron was really all about how her predecessor got engaged the night before this 2010 pageant. Noting that Rush Limbaugh was one of the judges man also have been intended as insult...

LIST OF 2010 JUDGES

Miss-Virginia.jpg

Such a beautiful young woman, and she certainly did work to accomplish her goal!!!

Cameron is a find Scottish name....leave her alone.

I watched it, or lets say my wife had it on and I was forced to drink through the whole thing. Miss Va was excellent, she deserved to win. Very beautiful women, and well spoken

She's no Miss South Carolina, but who is

January 31, 2010

YouTube - Raw Video: Miss Virginia Crowned Miss America

By Frank James

LIST OF 2010 JUDGES

Miss-Virginia.jpg

Cameron is a find Scottish name....leave her alone.

I am not a detractor, I thought some of the press she was getting was really crappy and ugly, absolutely undeserved......

And I'll tell ya, especially in this economy, $50,000 is nothing to sniff at....

She has a very nice voice, too, I would think she could do TV Journalism, and move Couric out, or Sawyer, or Matt Lauer, for that matter...

Forum List

Back