22 month old prescribed Ritalin?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I wonder how many people would want to give their 22 month old Ritalin or any other ADHD pharmaceuticals?

ADHD Message board
Hello. I am in the middle of a small claims court case, not a huge deal I know, but the principle behind the case is why I am writing. Back in 2003, a pediatric neurologist, after spending 15 minutes or less with us, diagnosed my 22 month old son with ADHD and prescribed Ritalin. I knew he didn’t have ADHD, for one, he was under two, and also, the wonderful doctor didn’t take into consideration that we waited in his office for an hour and a half to see him and by the time he did come in, it was lunch time! We went to him for help because our son hadn’t slept more than about 4 hours a night since he was born, and the doctor had a sleep clinic in his office. Anyway, we didn’t give our son the meds, and refused to pay the rest of our bill and now the doctor is suing us for the remainder of the bill. I need information, letter’s, anything that shows he was negligent with our son and could have caused serious harm. Any information you can give me, or point me in the right direction, all would be greatly appreciated!

That's freaking crazy, and that doctor should be held accountable for such a dangerous diagnosis.

Too many people want to drug kids these days, be it parents, teachers or doctors, instead of using behavior modification to help them. It's gotten out of control!

It's consistent with the prediliction in our culture today of treating being a boy as an illness.

That's freaking crazy, and that doctor should be held accountable for such a dangerous diagnosis.

Too many people want to drug kids these days, be it parents, teachers or doctors, instead of using behavior modification to help them. It's gotten out of control!

Ritalin is contraindicated for anyone under the age of six. Either the doctor malpracted or the person might not be truthful.

That bring another question to my mind. I am wondering how many bad doctors are really held accountable in our society. I think bad doctors that are not held accountable hurts the good doctors that take very good care of their patients. The doctor that butchered dad the first time when he was diagnosed with cancer had butchered many other patients. In that state the medical board would do nothing about this guy and no telling how many people the man actually maim or killed.

I also know that a good doctor can be harassed for denying some of these pharma quacks access to their patients under the right conditions.

Ritalin is contraindicated for anyone under the age of six. Either the doctor malpracted or the person might not be truthful.

The gal is not suing the quack she simply was asking for any medical informational help for a small claims suit. She does not want to pay for a bad doc visit. I fully understand that no one would want to pay for a bad mechanic either. Are doctors excused from accountability?

The gal is not suing the quack she simply was asking for any medical informational help for a small claims suit. She does not want to pay for a bad doc visit. I fully understand that no one would want to pay for a bad mechanic either. Are doctors excused from accountability?

i have a hard time believing a doctor prescribed ritalin for a 22 month old. but i suppose some idiot could do it.

My kids' former daycare pushed for an ADHD diagnosis and medication for my then-3 1/2 year old daughter, they even tried to get child services involved. Two other chidlren, one her age and one younger but I'm not sure quite how old, at that daycare were already on Ritalin. They also claimed her twin brother was autistic because of a tactile sensitivity. I won easily and switched daycares - immediately. Believe me, it happens.

Horrible but I have heard of five year olds. This is the problem I have with these meds. Not once in 13 years of teaching has the nurse or the parent notified me and/or asked my professional opinion on whether the meds are working. Not even if the kid has failed. I would think that if the reason for the meds is so the kid could focus and attend properly, they might want to check on that. It's a travesty.

This doctor needs to be investigated.

One of my best friends is a school psychologist in a rather affluent school district here in CA. She tells me the horror stories of what she sees on a regular basis. It's appalling how many boys are on Ritalin. In some classes, the majority of the boys are being medicated.

I can't help but believe that boys are being treated merely for being boys. They are more active than girls - that's biology. One of my teachers in grade school called them "busy legs" - they couldn't keep still.

This is just yet another sign of the pussification of our culture. It's sad.

that's because it's done via a double blind study Chanel

it's a win win scenario for the school shrink brigade either way it ends up

the kid gets passing grades> the dope worked

the kid fails> he got the placebo

truth to be known, most Ritalin is 'cheeked', or traded out with 'friends' in school

And I think some parents, childcare providers, whatever just don't want to deal with the terrible twos. Or in older kids, what are really discipline (and sometimes neglect) issues. The magic pill is easier.

that's because it's done via a double blind study Chanel

it's a win win scenario for the school shrink brigade either way it ends up

the kid gets passing grades> the dope worked

the kid fails> he got the placebo

truth to be known, most Ritalin is 'cheeked', or traded out with 'friends' in school
That is an interesting part about children too. A child's records are sealed from public view. Good cover for any abuse that may go on as even a parent can sometimes be caught in that trap when they seek outside help.

My kids' former daycare pushed for an ADHD diagnosis and medication for my then-3 1/2 year old daughter, they even tried to get child services involved. Two other chidlren, one her age and one younger but I'm not sure quite how old, at that daycare were already on Ritalin. They also claimed her twin brother was autistic because of a tactile sensitivity. I won easily and switched daycares - immediately. Believe me, it happens.

Damn, sounds like those people were ijits...

Damn, sounds like those people were ijits...

I wasn't so polite. :eusa_angel:

And I think some parents, childcare providers, whatever just don't want to deal with the terrible twos. Or in older kids, what are really discipline (and sometimes neglect) issues. The magic pill is easier.

so let 'em eat prozac if they can't handle it

New Topics

Forum List

Back