21 Newspapers Switch To Romney...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Doesn't necessarily mean a Romney victory, but it is a very bad sign for Obama.

Wisconsin State Journal endorses Romney, becomes latest paper to flip from Obama in ’08.

In the final hours of the presidential campaign, the largest endorsing newspaper in the swing state of Wisconsin has thrown its support to GOP nominee Mitt Romney:

This is not an easy endorsement to make.

Obama is the more likeable candidate and inspiring speaker. Obama inherited a mess from his predecessor, Republican President George W. Bush, who was even more disappointing than Obama has been.

Obama got us out of Iraq. He pressured public schools to reform. He gave the final order that got Osama bin Laden.

But this election is about jobs, the slow economy and Washington’s dysfunction. Our leaders can’t even pass a budget, much less stabilize soaring debt that’s burdening our children and grandchildren.

Obama failed to embrace his own commission’s bipartisan debt deal. Ryan, serving on the commission, similarly balked at the solid and comprehensive agreement.

But Obama is the president. The buck stops with him. This is now Obama’s economy, even though the GOP shares in the blame for partisan games.

This endorsement may be even more significant since the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel decided not to endorse either presidential candidate this year.

The State Journal becomes the eighth large paper in a Swing State to flip from an Obama endorsement in 2008. Newsday’s endorsement of Romney this weekend was also a reversal of the paper’s ’08 Obama endorsement, as was the New York Daily News endorsement.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...romney-latest-paper-to-flip-from-obama-in-08/
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

There are many more than that article even has listed that have. And those which I know of are all democratic strongholds. Surprised the you know what out of me.

There are many more than that article even has listed that have. And those which I know of are all democratic strongholds. Surprised the you know what out of me.

Yeah, Romney is on a roll going into this. He should win. But ya never know i guess.

Yeah, Romney is on a roll going into this. He should win. But ya never know i guess.

That's true. It all comes down to how many, and who, makes it to the polling stations...

Forum List

Back