21 Grams

M

Mummig

I just rented 21 Grams and it was so depressing that I only got to the part where B. Del Toro hit the family and N. Watts found out the girls are dead. Can anyone sum the rest of the movie up in a nutshell? I just can't watch it! Talk about messing up your whole day...

I meant to post a review for this one.

It's definitely a downer, but it's a great story, got 3 great performances, and it looks beautiful.

Anyway, here's the capper for you....

SPOILERS BELOW

OK, well, the movie was out of order, so I'll just do it in chronological order (it didn't really need to be told out of order).

Benicio turns himself in and goes to jail for killing Naomi Watts's husband and daughters. Sean Penn gets Naomi's husband's heart and eventually tracks Naomi down and befriends her. Naomi turns into an alcoholic basketcase. In jail, Benicio renounces God. After he gets out, he ends up leaving his family and moving into a hotel room. Naomi decides the only way for her to ever get closure is for her to kill Benicio. She and Sean end up at the same hotel as Benicio, where they have sex and she eventually gets pregnant. Sean's body starts rejecting his heart, but he refuses to go back into the hospital. Sean tries to kill Benicio, but can't bring himself to do it. That night, Benicio attacks sean in the hotel room. During the struggle, Sean gets shot in the chest. Naomi and Benicio take him to the hospital. In the end, Sean dies from his chest wound/rejected heart, Naomi is pregnant, and Benicio returns to his family. And we find out 21 grams is how much weight your body loses when you die (supposedly, it's how much your soul weighs).

Definitely a downer, but a good movie nonetheless.

That's what I figured happened, some how they all connected. I figured out how some of it connected but had to get the rest. I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. It was one of those nights when you just aren't in the mood for a serious drama. I'll have to give it another try sometime. Thanks!

Forum List

Back