21 Day Challenge: post without name calling.

Didn't do as well as I hoped.
I guess there are 1 or 2 people (max) that I have learned I just have to hit back at.
I had to erase many posts.........as I was about to post something that would have violated the truce.

:bang3:

I think it's a noble endeavor. Nobody's perfect. Hopefully, we find ourselves moving in the direction of interrupting a habit long enough to have some measure of control over it.

I think it's a noble endeavor. Nobody's perfect. Hopefully, we find ourselves moving in the direction of interrupting a habit long enough to have some measure of control over it.
I agree with you but you are still in time out.

mad-eagle_-image_1.jpg

It's true. But I've discovered being called a slag, slut, whore and a Nazi ad nauseum tends to illicit a somewhat negative response from me. I'm still going to work on this, but I think I have to accept that I Will not turn the other cheek 100% of the time. Don't really know why I thought I could do that :doubt:

It's true. But I've discovered being called a slag, slut, whore and a Nazi ad nauseum tends to illicit a somewhat negative response from me. I'm still going to work on this, but I think I have to accept that I Will not turn the other cheek 100% of the time. Don't really know why I thought I could do that :doubt:
I think it's fine to fire back when you need to. I don't think this is about being a doormat.

For me, it's that when I overdo it, which I seem to with a couple of "frenemies" on-line it makes me sick to my stomach So I have to find another strategy. Not giving those who contribute nothing to a conversation the time of day is what I'm working on.

AND interrupting vigilance, or hypervigilance

I think it's fine to fire back when you need to. I don't think this is about being a doormat.

For me, it's that when I overdo it, which I seem to with a couple of "frenemies" on-line it makes me sick to my stomach So I have to find another strategy. Not giving those who contribute nothing to a conversation the time of day is what I'm working on.

Hmmm. I see where I've been going wrong. I was trying to be a doormat, lol. And that's too much. Yay, I feel better now.

I have found I can refrain from the name calling etc with about 98% of posters, regardless of what they say. There's a pesky 2% that I don't even feel like making the effort with, at the moment anyway. Not too bad I guess.
I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Hmmm. I see where I've been going wrong. I was trying to be a doormat, lol. And that's too much. Yay, I feel better now.
Being feisty, righting wrongs, it's all good. UNLESS, it isn't good for you. If I'm real negative I feel crappy.

And I did very occasionally actually forget I was doing this challenge :rolleyes-41:
Me too I got real carried away at one point. BUT I got certain individuals to back WAY off, and I see it can be effective. NOT comfortable but it works.

Being feisty, righting wrongs, it's all good. UNLESS, it isn't good for you. If I'm real negative I feel crappy.
I agree. I don't like to feel I've gone too far or upset people, with the odd exception. It's generally just not warranted and doesn't make me feel good either.

Forum List

Back