2020 Candidate Hickenlooper: What I'd do for 70% of America's workers who wont graduate with degree

Imo he's a gifted technocrat, but not potus material. He's not .... television worthy. I doubt he'd work well with a congress either. But it's an interesting link. I think we could use a career path HS education partnered with corporations as Germany has, but it'd probably be illegal.

• Banned
Imo he's a gifted technocrat, but not potus material. He's not .... television worthy. I doubt he'd work well with a congress either. But it's an interesting link. I think we could use a career path HS education partnered with corporations as Germany has, but it'd probably be illegal.
entertainment value is what i look for in a candidate. and beyond his funny name and his background as a beer salesman, Hickenlooper is too bland.

but he has a CNN town hall tonight around 8 or 9 ET if you'd like to see more

Free Stuff! Free Stuff! Free Stuff!

"Step right up Ladies and Gents, vote Democrat and get your free stuff."

this is worth a read.

John Hickenlooper: What I'd do for America's workers (Opinion) - CNN

"It's time for a national plan for the American workforce that helps the 70% of people who will not graduate with a four year degree. I'm calling for a historic effort to drive our 21st century economy forward - for everyone."
We USED to have that, and it isn't "illegal," but the pendulum swung against "tracking," or limiting kids' potential, by throwing them into a 'vocational' track for the stupid kids that teachers wouldn't expect to learn much.

Teachers can be jerks, yes. Fix that--get rid of those burnt out individuals who think if a kid needs a shower or isn't interested in sitting at a desk and memorizing dates and vocabulary words that he's a loser. We shouldn't have suddenly decided to push every kid into an academic program geared to college.

It seems that the pendulum is finally headed back to the center. Thank goodness.

He was Mayor of Denver when I lived in the Denver burbs, then Governor when I moved. He is pretty far left in his ideology, but has been successful marketing himself as somewhat reasonable. He's not. He may be a dark horse candidate, but I don't think he has the mass appeal.

He decided it would be a good idea to allow people to literally shit all over Denver. No thanks. You keep him.
Colorado has lost it's mind...
What is THAT supposed to mean? He refused to build public bathrooms or he refused to arrest the homeless? Or something else?

He decided it would be a good idea to allow people to literally shit all over Denver. No thanks. You keep him.
What is THAT supposed to mean? He refused to build public bathrooms or he refused to arrest the homeless? Or something else?

That means you may have to step over piles of shit to get into your favorite restaurant. And say hello to cholera...
You came up with a much better alternative. Which means he isn't even as smart as you are...

That means you may have to step over piles of shit to get into your favorite restaurant. And say hello to cholera...
You came up with a much better alternative. Which means he isn't even as smart as you are...
I assume they're shitting in the parking lots because they are living in their cars or sleeping on park benches?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe Denver should do something about housing its homeless?

Forum List

Back