2019 NBA Finals.

Another side note - Curry was 3-11 on three-point shots.
That was the difference right there. 5-11 and we'd be going to game 7.

Well a lot of things went into it. If Curry goes 5-11 and Klay/Iggy go 5-12 instead of 7-12 the Warriors still lose.

I appreciate the math lesson but, keeping it simple, the Warriors had
the inbound down by only 1 with 9 seconds left.
This could have gone either way .

Yeah it could have. I really thought GS had a good shot at still pulling off the season. Now have Klay with a torn ACL likely a year out as a free agent. And Durant, where if he uses his player option... well that's up to a year of rehab to hit FA. And the Cousins injury. Just a bad situation all around for all of them and the Warriors. Two major leg injuries to two elite guys in their 30's both with max deals potentially on the line. Honestly, that's a tough decision for a GM. On one hand you lose both the chances of getting that team back to greatness fall off a lot. But you get them deals, and the dice tip to where neither are elite again, and you've just handcuffed Steph's prime to guys you can't move on from.

Tough to find a dynasty's outlook potentially change so much in a couple weeks with that many major injuries.

Last edited:
Yeah it could have. I really thought GS had a good shot at still pulling off the season. Now have Klay with a torn ACL likely a year out as a free agent. And Durant, where if he uses his player option... well that's up to a year of rehab to hit FA. And the Cousins injury. Just a bad situation all around for all of them and the Warriors.

Tough to find a dynasty's outlook potentially change so much in a couple weeks.
When Klay hit that last 3 before he got hurt again, I knew it was going 7.
But he still had 30---I think Green needed to pick up his offense after that but only had 11.
Iggy had 20 or something.

Yeah it could have. I really thought GS had a good shot at still pulling off the season. Now have Klay with a torn ACL likely a year out as a free agent. And Durant, where if he uses his player option... well that's up to a year of rehab to hit FA. And the Cousins injury. Just a bad situation all around for all of them and the Warriors.

But he still had 30---I think Green needed to pick up his offense after that but only had 11.

Yeah Klay was great this series. Really stepped up and showed he was a star when Durant went down. Kinda like you see Bosh/Love and others relegated to more spot shooting roles, it's nice seeing him light it up. It also shows how much tougher it is to get a good look without those big 4 with the ball.

I was happy to see Iggy go off again. I always liked his play, even if I was cheering for the Raptors (I probably like GS players more, but was fine seeing someone else win).

Yeah Klay was great this series. Really stepped up and showed he was a star when Durant went down. Kinda like you see Bosh/Love and others relegated to more spot shooting roles, it's nice seeing him light it up. It also shows how much tougher it is to get a good look without those big 4 with the ball.

I was happy to see Iggy go off again. I always liked his play, even if I was cheering for the Raptors (I probably like GS players more, but was fine seeing someone else win).
I'd like to see Tacko go to the Lakers and maybe give my homeboy LeBron another shot.
( I briefly went to the same HS he did in Akron, about 20 years earlier)

I'd like to see Tacko go to the Lakers and maybe give my homeboy LeBron another shot.
( I briefly went to the same HS he did in Akron, about 20 years earlier)

Would be interesting... I think this offseason for LA will be interesting period. Davis being a realistic option sounds nice as well. Giving up Kuzma and the #4 would be a loss, but for Davis.... Adding a 26 year old 27-12 big that can shot block and hit a shot from range...

But something with keeping the #4 (tacko) and adding Deandre Jordan and Reddick or whatnot would be intriguing too.

First gotta figure what you are doing long term with the big names though (made sense last year with lots of 1 year deals for solid role guys). Then fill in the other slots. No use giving for example Bazemore or Reddick a multiyear deal then going in on Butler.

Speaking of tall dudes, I heard Wilt could twirl a ball on his boner .( showing off for women in the hotel rooms I imagine). I always thought it would've been hilarious back in the short-shorts days if Kareem or Wilt's thing went hanging out in the middle of a game.
800px-Wilt_Chamberlain_of_the_Los_Angeles_Lakers_in_the_1969_NBA_World_Championship_Series.jpg

Yeah, I think Draymond should have been attacking the rim more and trying to get some fouls at least, but then again I guess he does expend a lot of energy in a game like that on D and trying to facilitate for others. Not having Thompson or Durant on the floor makes it a whole lot easier for the Raptors to game plan on defense

Yeah, I think Draymond should have been attacking the rim more and trying to get some fouls at least, but then again I guess he does expend a lot of energy in a game like that on D and trying to facilitate for others. Not having Thompson or Durant on the floor makes it a whole lot easier for the Raptors to game plan on defense
Appears reports are the warriors will offer Durant and Klay Max deals. Big risk, but can't blame them. If those guys go, while they help GS get closer to the cap, they don't give them money to get anyone else.

The Raps deserved to lose, but I have to say this - Scott Foster and Tony Bothers have no business reffing games in the finals. They are the worst refs in the entire league. 4 out 6 of those fouls on Lowry were phantom calls.
The raptors tried to take it to game 7. 7 seconds left they have the ball and turn it over?

The raptors didn’t win a championship as much as Golden State lost

Right before game 1 the announcers picked Toronto to win because they got enough bigs to counter how good dremont green is. So far so good. Toronto players got to step up. So far so good.

If K Leonard wins this year he’s going to take a huge step forward as far as being a great player. To win rings with two different teams is huge.

Not just winning but being the MVP of two different ring winning teams.

I really hope I am wrong and Toronto wins this series. Of course the fallout for that might be that GS realizes they need to add ANOTHER Superstar next season (mostly kidding).
Let’s worry about next year next year. Golden State might also start losing guys. And guys like Andre iguidala are getting old. Teams are getting better and Golden State is getting older.

Dreymont green is getting older too. He’s a big boy. He’s a great player you love to hav on your team but you hate him otherwise. We had him at Michigan state so I like him but I certainly root against his team. I hate dynasties. I love upsets. I love adversity in sports. Tea,s like Golden State who add a Durant I have to root against.

How many rings does Durant have? I think only 1

Two for Durant currently. He's the back to back finals MVP.

I agree they are getting older. And it is so tough to judge Draymond because you've seen him produce more when less was around him, but he still does so much that doesn't show up on the scoreboard. Same with Iggy a few years ago when he was first getting older in GS. Then of course he shows old Iggy in the finals when needed and wins MVP.

I'm with you. Not a dynasty fan for the most part. Also not completely against the best teaming up. I follow players in the NBA more than teams (Nuggets fan because I lived in Denver, but starting to follow the Twolves more now in Minny), so for me, I'm fine tuning in and seeing a game with 3-4 stars on the court. But yeah, come finals, if it's not the Spurs, I'll usually cheer for the underdog.
Speaking of Iggy. He made the game sealing shot

Nice! Kinda watching but working on some stuff for work tomorrow mostly. Saw that and some of the end. Looks like Green really stepped up as well, and outside of Kawhi the first 3 quarters not much help for Toronto. 34-17 favored GS in assists.

That's the other problem, while I want to see GS lose I love watching their play. It's great basketball. Same went for San Antonio for years.
Or the patriots. I can’t root for them but got to respect their game

I wasn't watching that closely, but Green was probably stifled; so close to being suspended for a game! He's allowed his emotions to detract and undermine the positives he contributes to the team! Unfortunately he's determined to sabotage himself and the team when he loses his cool and gets a "technical" called on him! He was "one more call" from an ejection and suspension from even playing GAME 7 if GS made it! I know you have to finish GAME 6 and think about G7 later, but with his reputation, he had to be on guard to probably "reel it in!" It hurts the way you attack; just as when he blew it for GS a few years ago getting thrown out of the final against Cleveland! This team should be on a "run for the ages;" maybe 5 in a row, but DIVA behavior or physical breakdown by players has cost them! Curry's been the best of all time allowing someone like Durant to come in and take over "his" team when he shouldn't have to do that for a veteran star! Unfortunately KD wants it's all; "the ball," the accolades, & "the love!" He produces and probably believes he's deserving and entitled! How do you kvetch behind the scenes as much as this guy, threaten to leave a championship team, and's willing to go to a loser team to be "top dog" alone! :102: :aargh: :ack-1: :dunno: :talk2hand:

The Raptors played very well overall, on both defense as well as offense ...
and were very lucky the Warriors had key injuries.
However, injuries happen, and the Raptors benefited from not getting significantly injured themselves (as did Warriors in their 1st NBA championship), so hats off to the new champs!

New Topics

Forum List

Back