2018 makes 50 years since interracial marriages were legalized!

Aries

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2017
New York
50 years ago interracial marriage became legalized!

Few cases were more aptly named than Loving v. Virginia, which pitted an interracial couple – 17-year-old Mildred Jeter, who was black, and her childhood sweetheart, 23-year-old white construction worker, Richard Loving – against Virginia's 'miscegenation' laws banning marriage between blacks and whites. After marrying in Washington, D.C. and returning to their home state in 1958, the couple was charged with unlawful cohabitation and jailed.

The Lovings left Virginia and went to live with relatives in Washington, D.C. When they returned to visit family five years later, they were arrested for traveling together.

Inspired by the civil rights movement, Mildred Loving wrote to Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy for help. The couple was referred to the ACLU, which represented them in the landmark Supreme Court case, Loving v. Virginia (1967). The Court ruled that state bans on interracial marriage were unconstitutional.

Did Virginia's antimiscegenation law violate the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment?

Findings: Yes. In a unanimous decision, the Court held that distinctions drawn according to race were generally "odious to a free people" and were subject to "the most rigid scrutiny" under the Equal Protection Clause. The Virginia law, the Court found, had no legitimate purpose "independent of invidious racial discrimination." The Court rejected the state's argument that the statute was legitimate because it applied equally to both blacks and whites and found that racial classifications were not subject to a "rational purpose" test under the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court also held that the Virginia law violated the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. "Under our Constitution," wrote Chief Justice Earl Warren, "the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual, and cannot be infringed by the State."

Loving

The definition of marriage has always been very fluid. Up until a few hundred years ago, same sex marriage was accepted.

images

According to Black's Law Dictionary, the word license is defined as - "Permission by competent authority to do an act which without such permission, would be illegal." In other words, the government makes something that was lawful to do, illegal. They then charge you a fee and then it becomes "legal"....LOL! So when you get a "license", you are willingly contracting with this corporate entity you refer to as "government". When you marry under the watchful eye of the state? You are making the state a third party entity to the merger of two corporations. According to the U.C.C and Black's Law dictionary, when a child is born, this corporate merger venture is considered to have "borne fruit" because they are "registered" via the birth certificate (printed on bond paper) and yet another debt slave is brought onto the plantation.

By getting "married" under the U.C.C , couples make an implied agreement to be subject to the state's acts, statutes, codes, rules, regulations and very few people realize this. Doctrine of Parens Patriae literally means "the parent of the country" or to put it more bluntly? The state is the undisclosed true parent but you can raise them as long as you don't displease the "state"....you know, like home-schooling them or refusing to get them shot up with poisonous vaccines. Parents are only conditional caretakers. This is why CPS feels that they can just come in and take over your children, because according to the marriage license (along with numerous other unrevealed contracts), they have legal jurisdiction over your children without you really knowing or understanding why.

Much of this also goes back to the 14th amendment, your all capitalized name and each "persons" name being incorporated, thus giving the states and the "federal gubermint" authority over you because your silence was your consent. That is why I am no longer a U.S citizen but an American nationalist that has reclaimed my pre-14th amendment sovereignty as man instead of a "person".

According to Black's Law Dictionary, the word license is defined as - "Permission by competent authority to do an act which without such permission, would be illegal." In other words, the government makes something that was lawful to do, illegal. They then charge you a fee and then it becomes "legal"....LOL! So when you get a "license", you are willingly contracting with this corporate entity you refer to as "government". When you marry under the watchful eye of the state? You are making the state a third party entity to the merger of two corporations. According to the U.C.C and Black's Law dictionary, when a child is born, this corporate merger venture is considered to have "borne fruit" because they are "registered" via the birth certificate (printed on bond paper) and yet another debt slave is brought onto the plantation.

By getting "married" under the U.C.C , couples make an implied agreement to be subject to the state's acts, statutes, codes, rules, regulations and very few people realize this. Doctrine of Parens Patriae literally means "the parent of the country" or to put it more bluntly? The state is the undisclosed true parent but you can raise them as long as you don't displease the "state"....you know, like home-schooling them or refusing to get them shot up with poisonous vaccines. Parents are only conditional caretakers. This is why CPS feels that they can just come in and take over your children, because according to the marriage license (along with numerous other unrevealed contracts), they have legal jurisdiction over your children without you really knowing or understanding why.

Much of this also goes back to the 14th amendment, your all capitalized name and each "persons" name being incorporated, thus giving the states and the "federal gubermint" authority over you because your silence was your consent. That is why I am no longer a U.S citizen but an American nationalist that has reclaimed my pre-14th amendment sovereignty as man instead of a "person".

wwrw-screwball-y2k.jpg

50 years ago interracial marriage became legalized!

Few cases were more aptly named than Loving v. Virginia, which pitted an interracial couple – 17-year-old Mildred Jeter, who was black, and her childhood sweetheart, 23-year-old white construction worker, Richard Loving – against Virginia's 'miscegenation' laws banning marriage between blacks and whites. After marrying in Washington, D.C. and returning to their home state in 1958, the couple was charged with unlawful cohabitation and jailed.

The Lovings left Virginia and went to live with relatives in Washington, D.C. When they returned to visit family five years later, they were arrested for traveling together.

Inspired by the civil rights movement, Mildred Loving wrote to Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy for help. The couple was referred to the ACLU, which represented them in the landmark Supreme Court case, Loving v. Virginia (1967). The Court ruled that state bans on interracial marriage were unconstitutional.

Did Virginia's antimiscegenation law violate the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment?

Findings: Yes. In a unanimous decision, the Court held that distinctions drawn according to race were generally "odious to a free people" and were subject to "the most rigid scrutiny" under the Equal Protection Clause. The Virginia law, the Court found, had no legitimate purpose "independent of invidious racial discrimination." The Court rejected the state's argument that the statute was legitimate because it applied equally to both blacks and whites and found that racial classifications were not subject to a "rational purpose" test under the Fourteenth Amendment. The Court also held that the Virginia law violated the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. "Under our Constitution," wrote Chief Justice Earl Warren, "the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual, and cannot be infringed by the State."

Loving

Translation ~you guys were stupid back then for not letting whom ever , man or women marry whom, then had to jump the shark today..

Why?

curt-schilling.jpg

wwrw-screwball-y2k.jpg

Nope.........I know exactly of what I speak, so deal with it.

wwrw-screwball-y2k.jpg

head-case_28873.jpg

Unkotare, I look forward to the day that you can actually debate a point instead of acting like a little cyber-pussy. I shan't hold my breath waiting for that day.

(snicker)

wwrw-screwball-y2k.jpg

head-case_28873.jpg
1901803_323162214497893_3823620510043772913_n.jpg

Such a proud moment! Our oversized federal govt gave blacks and whites permission to marry each other! Hoooooooray!

Forum List

Back