2016: Year of the Superhero Movies

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
There are 7 blockbuster superhero movies coming out in 2016. Could it be overkill? I think 3 are destined to blow the box office away: CA3, XMen and BvS. I think Deadpool will be the surprise blockbuster. I think Gambit, Dr Strange and Suicide Squad will flounder.

Here is my list of most anticipated:
(1) Captain America 3: Trailers look awesome and the story is top notch.

(2) XMen: Age of Apocalypse: I always loved Apocalypse as a villian and the rebooted XMen movies are awesome and well casted.

(3) Deadpool: The trailers look awesome and I love the character. I am also glad they final buck the trend and go rated R!

(4) Batman v Superman: I was looking forward to this until the new trailer. Doomsday is introduced way to early.

(5) Dr Strange: Cool character and I have faith in marvel.

(6) Suicide Squad: very interesting concept, but WB doesn't have a great track record.

(7) Gambit: Great actor for Gambit, but I was never a fan of the character. I think he is dull.

it wont be overkill if the movies are done right...a few,IMO are TV fare....Gambit is better as one of the supporting characters,i dont know how well he will carry a movie....

There are 7 blockbuster superhero movies coming out in 2016. Could it be overkill? I think 3 are destined to blow the box office away: CA3, XMen and BvS. I think Deadpool will be the surprise blockbuster. I think Gambit, Dr Strange and Suicide Squad will flounder.

(2) XMen: Age of Apocalypse: I always loved Apocalypse as a villian and the rebooted XMen movies are awesome and well casted.

(3) Deadpool: The trailers look awesome and I love the character. I am also glad they final buck the trend and go rated R!

(4) Batman v Superman: I was looking forward to this until the new trailer. Doomsday is introduced way to early.

(6) Suicide Squad: very interesting concept, but WB doesn't have a great track record.

(7) Gambit: Great actor for Gambit, but I was never a fan of the character. I think he is dull.

Dr. Strange may do well- depends on how it is done- Benedict is inspired for the role- and I never thought that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be as much fun- or as big of a blockbuster- as it was.

Batman v. Superman? The trailer looks good but I have hated the most recent Superman movies- DC can't seem to get its act together like Marvel has.

Dr. Strange may do well- depends on how it is done- Benedict is inspired for the role- and I never thought that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be as much fun- or as big of a blockbuster- as it was.

Batman v. Superman? The trailer looks good but I have hated the most recent Superman movies- DC can't seem to get its act together like Marvel has.
one of the things that hurt the Superman movies as far as i am concerned was in every dam movie the villain was Lex Luther.....and with all the enemies Superman had....

Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were pretty amazing. They are at the top of the best superhero movies. The Man of Steel was pretty F'ing good. I loved that movie.

Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were pretty amazing. They are at the top of the best superhero movies. The Man of Steel was pretty F'ing good. I loved that movie.

The Batman movies were pretty good. The Superman ones were stinkers- Henry doesn't have the charisma- and the fight scenes just went on and on and on and on.

I was thinking about that recently when re-watching the Avengers- during the Battle for New York- that was a thrilling scene- even though it was all action- it was varied and exciting- the battle scene in Metropolis between Superman and General Zod(?) was tedious by comparison.

The Batman movies were pretty good. The Superman ones were stinkers- Henry doesn't have the charisma- and the fight scenes just went on and on and on and on.

I was thinking about that recently when re-watching the Avengers- during the Battle for New York- that was a thrilling scene- even though it was all action- it was varied and exciting- the battle scene in Metropolis between Superman and General Zod(?) was tedious by comparison.
and superman would have led them away from the city,not stay there and fight.....

DC can't seem to get its act together like Marvel has.
Yeah, in general.
I think that a big reason that Marvel has a better track record, (with a few exceptions - like the latest FF) is the guiding hand of Stan Lee.

DC can't seem to get its act together like Marvel has.
Yeah, in general.
I think that a big reason that Marvel has a better track record, (with a few exceptions - like the latest FF) is the guiding hand of Stan Lee.
stan lee is not involved in the making of the movies....he just makes his cameo and gets an Ex.Producer spot to collect a great payday....saw him last week in an interview....but he has zero input....he said doing comics was his thing not making them into movies,he said guys like Kevin Feige and Avi Arad are the ones who are responsible for the movies...

and superman would have led them away from the city,not stay there and fight.....

This is a new take on Superman. Honestly, that is a character that needed it, IMO. And considering the success of Nolan's Batman films (and perhaps contrasting that to the terrible Green Lantern movie) it isn't surprising that DC would go for a darker, more grounded style of Superman movie.

I think TDK was leaps and bounds above Begins. Begins was well titled; it started well, but ended up far too 'Hollywood' as it went on.

Cumberbach definitely has the acting chops to help carry the movie, but whether he's right for the part we'll have to wait to see. I agree completely with GotG; a movie with a talking raccoon from space? Great job by Gunn with that film. It's right up there with Avengers.

I liked the latest Superman. It had issues, certainly, but I thought it was a good foundation to build on.

This is a new take on Superman. Honestly, that is a character that needed it, IMO. And considering the success of Nolan's Batman films (and perhaps contrasting that to the terrible Green Lantern movie) it isn't surprising that DC would go for a darker, more grounded style of Superman movie.

I tend to disagree- Superman doesn't need to be dark- I think he pairs better with Batman when he is the light to the Batman's dark- the ying/yang so to speak.

I tend to disagree- Superman doesn't need to be dark- I think he pairs better with Batman when he is the light to the Batman's dark- the ying/yang so to speak.

Yeah, but that doesn't help out a solo Superman movie. :p

I am guessing that relationship will mostly be the case in BvS. Even with a 'darker' Superman, he is still a very truth & justice character.

Forum List

Back