2016 Proposed Military Pay Charts

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
2016-military-pay-scale.png

I look at these rates and shake my head. I don't see much of a raise over what I was getting paid 35 years ago! And, when one looks at E-3s and E-4s one has to wonder how on earth they survive if they're married. (I don't believe people in the military should be married until they make E-5)

Read the story @ The 2016 Military Pay Chart - Military Guide

I look at these rates and shake my head. I don't see much of a raise over what I was getting paid 35 years ago! And, when one looks at E-3s and E-4s one has to wonder how on earth they survive if they're married. (I don't believe people in the military should be married until they make E-5)

It's not bad money when you consider you're also getting paid housing, free uniforms, training, and three squares every day. Then when you get out you can further your education on the GI bill, and buy a home with nothing down and low interest on VA benefits. I'd say it's a pretty fair shake. Whether or not you marry is a purely personal choice, and let's not forget, the wife can work and bring in additional cash.

an E-1 makes $8.9/hr, assuming they work 22, 8 hour days a month.

These men and women have signed a contract that makes it clear that we can send them off to die in another country.

mean while, leftist filth want to pay $15/hr for someone to give me fries with that.

I'm sure one of them will explain how it's ok, I'm just sure of it.

These men and women have signed a contract that makes it clear that we can send them off to die in another country.

mean while, leftist filth want to pay $15/hr for someone to give me fries with that.

And you left out health care, three hots and a cot, free higher education, etc etc etc.

Grow up.

It's not bad money when you consider you're also getting paid housing, free uniforms, training, and three squares every day. Then when you get out you can further your education on the GI bill, and buy a home with nothing down and low interest on VA benefits. I'd say it's a pretty fair shake. Whether or not you marry is a purely personal choice, and let's not forget, the wife can work and bring in additional cash.
you share a room with 3 other guys and have a community (af ~ 200) bathroom
uniforms are issued in boot and then paid for by the Vet there after
meals are not free, but by the taste, you'd think they should be
you have to pay into the GI bill

And you left out health care, three hots and a cot, free higher education, etc etc etc.

Grow up.
food isn't free
the cot comes with roommates
you can get killed for that education
and free health care? yea, it was great if you were bleeding, for anything else, pfft

buffoon

35 years ago 475 a month was base pay for an E-1, 2k a month for am 0-1...
In 1968 an E-2 113.00 per month 0-1 and that was during nam' and tack on combat pay if you went , not much at all. And they are whining at what they get now? The navy ship deployment then were for 9 months away from home and family with an 8 dollars a month sea duty pay! now 3-6 months. .

1968 Military Pay Chart

Now? Whining

http://www.riciok.com/Pay Charts/1968.pdf

Most people who were drafted and went to nam' and who got shot or killed were in for less then a year , so for $113 and month and few extra dollars, was such a deal!!!

Last edited:

Certainly isn't indexed to inflation. Though to be fair, military and civilian costs of living are of course radically different. Don't need a car or home eating up however much every month if never in your home or driving your car.

You Big Government, Big Spending, Big Inflation Retard!

Military get lifetime Tax Breaks, Tax Exemptions, College Education, Vocation Rehab, Housing, Transportation, Travel, Healthcare, Pension, Employment advantages & opportunities, Discounts at stores, restaurants, Grants & Low Interest Loan Guarantees, etc. McDonald's workers barely get paid & it's below E-1 pay, without any benefit to live on.

Military get lifetime Tax Breaks, Tax Exemptions, College Education, Vocation Rehab, Housing, Transportation, Travel, Healthcare, Pension, Employment advantages & opportunities, Discounts at stores, restaurants, Grants & Low Interest Loan Guarantees, etc. McDonald's workers barely get paid & it's below E-1 pay, without any benefit to live on.
Yep, our military gets all of that, and in exchange they just have to be willing to die in combat at anytime...something we would never ask a McDonald's employee to do. I'd say it's a fair exchange.

lie
lie
lie
only if crippled
lie
bullshit
lie
substandard
and?
sucks to be you, sign up
hardly
hardly
so?
E-1 puts his life on the line, burger flipper does not

but thanks for making it clear that yet another leftist hates Vets.

I remember back in the late 80's they tried to tell us we were making about $70k a year by comparing what we paid for something vs what a civilian paid.

the list made it laughable, no one took it seriously, mostly b/c we got to live in the barracks for free while a home cost......

The uniforms aren't free. A set of ACUs cost about $100 and you have to have 6 sets to deploy. Boots $150.00 X 2.
My dress uniform was $500. T-Shirts and boxers another $20...6 sets. Socks...another $20. Dress shoes $130.00. Then all of the badges and awards cost money too. Belts. Hats. Field-jacket, Wet-Weather gear, Cold-weather gear. Field-jacket liner.
The government pitches in for your TA-50, which is your web-belts, shoulder-harness, ammo pouches, canteen pouches, canteens, mess-kit, ponchos, poncho-liner, First-Aid kit, Rucksack, Dufflebags, Fart-sack, towels, wash cloths, Kevlar, Body-Armor, and everything else.....which has to be turned back in when you transfer or ETS.

Forum List

Back