2016 Hurricane Season

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Huge amounts of heat are available to fuel Atlantic hurricanes, yet nothing’s happening. What’s going on?

Saharan-Dust-Layer.gif

An interesting question. Aren't we in the middle or the hurricane season? All in all, an interesting piece from ImageGeo @ Atlantic hurricanes are MIA. Where did they go? — ImaGeo

And there has not yet been a named storm in the eastern Pacific.

Gore is on vacation, leave your interesting global warming story after the beep.

There is no heat on the ocean surface. Thus no stored energy to create them.

upload_2016-7-23_9-10-58.png

I dont know what they were smoking when they wrote that piece but they certainly were not looking at the data.

To add insult to injury the upper level winds are at 35 degree angle between the two primary convective layers. This is called wind shear which will also block a storm from growing beyond a depression.

Upper level air has cooled by 15 deg F in the upper convective layer as well. I dont know where they are getting their magic heat from.

Take your pick, all are present and will block formation of storms.

Last edited:
God is saving up a "superstorm" for October like in 2012?
A category 2 hurricane is a superstorm?
My, how the bar keeps getting lowered. 13 years ago Al Gore was lying that NOAA was having to create a Cat 6 title.
That was an interesting lie that old Al told.. Now that I have a working knowledge of how most of this works, there would have to be major changes in atmospheric make up for that to occur. But then Al doesn't know which way a low pressure turns in the northern hemisphere either.

My, how the bar keeps getting lowered. 13 years ago Al Gore was lying that NOAA was having to create a Cat 6 title.
That was an interesting lie that old Al told.. Now that I have a working knowledge of how most of this works, there would have to be major changes in atmospheric make up for that to occur. But then Al doesn't know which way a low pressure turns in the northern hemisphere either.
One and only reason Nobel Peace Prize winner Al Gore refuses to debate anyone.

One and only reason Nobel Peace Prize winner Al Gore refuses to debate anyone.

Have you noticed that movie was shown fraud in most every major nation yet the UN wont call back their prize. They like the lie and it forwards their control agenda..

Huge amounts of heat are available to fuel Atlantic hurricanes, yet nothing’s happening. What’s going on?

Saharan-Dust-Layer.gif

An interesting question. Aren't we in the middle or the hurricane season? All in all, an interesting piece from ImageGeo @ Atlantic hurricanes are MIA. Where did they go? — ImaGeo

When you have a warm surface and warm air aloft as well -- that's not the recipe for giant storms. Never was. Only in the imagination of a few alarmists. You also need the right winds, the right barometer, dry air feeders, a bit of dust aloft and any number of OTHER REQUIREMENTS for storm generation. NOT --- just uniform heating.

Saharan-Dust-Layer.gif

When you have a warm surface and warm air aloft as well -- that's not the recipe for giant storms. Never was. Only in the imagination of a few alarmists. You also need the right winds, the right barometer, dry air feeders, a bit of dust aloft and any number of OTHER REQUIREMENTS for storm generation. NOT --- just uniform heating.

The temperature gradient is flat. AMO is cold as is the surface temperature which has gone negative anomaly -3.5 deg C. The air aloft is about 15 deg F lower than average above 20,000 feet. The major components are just not there right now.. Cold water from the Antarctic is now affecting the Norther Hemisphere and the Arctic low has once again condensed, enlarged, and strengthened, causing the cool upper layer and wind shear...

I just don't see this changing any time soon as the NH is cooling and the flows are changing to fall. I keep laughing each time the weather channel and MSM use the wet bulb 'feels like" temp rather than the real temp because were no where near records.

I wonder how they will spin this winter when temps drop off and remain way below the 30 year average... I hear wailing and gnashing of teeth already, because they see it coming fast..

dry air feeders

I don't know where you get this idea that dry lines are required for thunderstorms and hurricanes.

You know what I see on the weather radar now? Big thunderstorms, with no dry line anywhere nearby.

Dry lines often make for especially violent supercells, the kind that spawn tornadoes, but regular thunderstorms and hurricanes will form just fine without them.

dry air feeders

I don't know where you get this idea that dry lines are required for thunderstorms and hurricanes.

You know what I see on the weather radar now? Big thunderstorms, with no dry line anywhere nearby.

Dry lines often make for especially violent supercells, the kind that spawn tornadoes, but regular thunderstorms and hurricanes will form just fine without them.

Yes -- organized LARGE and VIOLENT weather events. Like SuperCells or cyclones. Hurricanes require a type of dry line to spawn INITIALLY. That's readily available most of the time off the NE coast of Africa where a lot of them start.

dry air feeders

Dry lines have a steep temperature gradient, a steep pressure gradient, they also have a dry side and a wet side. Without these dynamically opposing sides NOTHING CAN HAPPEN... The degree of difference determines just how active any system will become.

You really don't know how or why our climatic system works.

So I'm just imagining all of these large thunderstorms five hundred miles away from any dry line?

Fascinating. You all better tell the weather forecasters they're not really there.

Reasons for thunderstorms BESIDES drylines

Sources of Lift (upward)
Typically, for a thunderstorm to develop, there needs to be a mechanism which initiates the upward motion, something that will give the air a nudge upward. This is done by several methods.

Differential Heating
This heating of the ground and lower atmosphere is not uniform. For example, a grassy field will heat at a slower rate than a paved street. The warmest air, called thermals, tends to rise. In the image (right) a wildfire provided the differential heating for a cumulus cloud to form over the smoke plum.
Fronts, Drylines and Outflow Boundaries
orographic.jpg
Fronts are the boundary between two air masses of different temperatures. Fronts lift warm moist air. Cold fronts lift air the most abruptly. If the air is moist and unstable thunderstorms will form along the cold front.

Drylines are the boundary between two air masses of different moisture content and separate warm moist air from hot dry air. While the temperature may be different across the dryline, the main difference is the rapid decrease in moisture behind the dryline. It is the lack of moisture which allows the temperatures to occasionally be higher than ahead of the dryline. However, the result is the same as the warm moist air is lifted along the dryline forming thunderstorms. This is common over the plains in the spring and early summer.

Outflow boundaries are a result of the rush of cold air as a thunderstorm moves overhead. The rain-cooled air acts as a "mini cold front", called an outflow boundary. Like fronts, this boundary lifts warm moist air and can cause new thunderstorms to form.
Terrain
As air encounters a mountain it is forced up the slope of the terrain. Upslope thunderstorms are common in the Rocky Mountain west during the summer.

Perhaps more than anything else, this highlights the AGW alarmist ruse. The promised us mega-hurricanes and many, many of them. That was 11 years ago, and we've barely had a single one. GHEY.........these people are fakes. What it makes clear is that nobody knows dick about whats going to go on with the climate, today, tomorrow, 5 years from now............50 years from now. People who do a snake oil salesmen...........and much of the science community concurs btw. We have tis small sliver of alarmist asshole scientists that must perpetuate the ruse to keep the industry funded. Fucking duh.:2up: They are wrong ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!:bye1::bye1::eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back